Update #7: DRM-Free, Blood Imp Audio, Showcase Update, FAQ Update and more!
There's quite a few things to say today, so I'm going to cut the intro short and get right to the point!
We’re happy to announce that there will be a DRM-free version of the War for the Overworld available. We are still working out the details, but there's no need to wait for a DRM-free specific tier as any copy of the game from any tier will be exchangeable for a DRM-free version after Kickstarter.
Blood Imp Audio
Here's the first of several audio concepts we will be bringing you — these audio concepts will give you a preview of what the units will sound like in the final game. This first one is for the Blood Imp digging, running, and claiming.
We've updated the playable showcase with a pretty exciting feature — two camera modes! You will now start off by default in RTS mode, with the ability to possess imps if you wish to run around in first person mode.
Team Page Update
Our team page has been updated with four more team members. They’re less important and not nearly as fun to work with, but maybe you’ll like them more than we do.
We've updated the FAQ with the answers below, please let us know if you have any questions that are still unanswered!
- Will there be a DRM-Free version of the game available? Yes, but we are still working out the details. However, there is no need to wait for a DRM-free specific tier as any copy of the game from any tier will be exchangeable for a DRM-free version after Kickstarter.
- Will the game support Mac? Linux? Yes. We are using Unity 4 which supports Mac and Linux natively. There are downloadable versions of our playable showcase available for each platform here!
- Will the game be translated to my language? We can currently confirm French and German text localizations, we will be adding support as we progress through the campaign and in the months following (up to the Bedrock Beta). We will have a poll for localization support later down the line and will do our best to get it done professionally so that as many people as possible can enjoy the same polished experience in their native language.
- Kickstarter doesn't support my payment method of choice! Can I pledge with Paypal instead? We’ll be adding PayPal support once we reach our initial £150,000 goal and can ensure the game will be fully completed.
- When can I use the backer-exclusive website? We will email you with instructions on how to access it once the campaign is over.
And finally: we've transcribed Saturday's AMA to make it easier for everyone to read — check it out here! That's all for today. We've got some super exciting things coming in the next few days, be sure to check back often!
Until next time Underlord,