The end is upon us Underlord and a new beginning just around the corner. Since the conclusion of our Kickstarter campaign two and a half years ago we’ve kept you up to date with our weekly updates. With 129 (130 if you include the one time we slipped into a thursday) weeks of consistent updates on development we’ve got quite the record under our belt.
With that said all things must come to an end, and now that 1.1 is out of the door we feel that we’re now at a good point to drop the weekly updates in favour of a more sustainable monthly update cycle.
Why are you stopping the weekly updates?
There are two problems we’ve been running into more and more often as we’ve moved towards launch and beyond:
- The time it takes to make a WFTO Wednesday post, make sure it gets posted everywhere and generate associated media can cost up to a day of time, this could be better spent on other community related projects.
- There are some occasions where there is simply nothing new to report, this has become all the more prevalent since all the information on our units was released
While alone neither of these are a huge issue alone when combined they mean that when we have nothing to report we waste everyone’s time and we feel that by switching it up we can save time while also bringing you more of the information you care about!
So what’s next?
To keep things short and snappy here’s what we’re going to be doing regarding news as we move forwards:
- Update this site, our forums and our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc.) with important news as it occurs. Patch notes, livestreams, other developments will all be reported as soon as we can.
- Produce a monthly newsletter, which you can now sign up to, that will recap everything in the above, provide and insight on development progress and in the future news of any new projects the WFTO Team undertakes.
- Continue to keep you as informed as possible via interaction in our community forums, steam forums and across our social media space.
We’re always looking for feedback though so please let us know what YOU would like to hear from us and how.
What about WFTO?
Development is continuing in earnest. With Patch 1.1 out the door and with that being incredibly well received we’re working hard on patching up remaining issues as they’re reported to us. We’ve also started work on some of the features for Patch 1.2.
Here’s what you can expect in the coming months:
- More minor patches to fix up issues as they’re identified
- Patch 1.2 including new features, overhauls and other improvements
- The Basic Map Editor for creating Skirmish & Multiplayer levels
- Our first campaign expansion DLC, which will be free to players who purchased before or within the first month of release. The campaign is set shortly in the aftermath of the base campaign and features a new four mission campaign and new aspects in the Veins of Evil.
- Enhanced Survival Mode
Then who knows where we’ll go from there! Keep your eyes peeled on our updates and check out the newsletter every month and you’ll be sure to find out!
We know there’s a couple of issues still outstanding on your minds two in particular that we’re seeing regularly mentioned and that we’d like to ease your concerns about.
Q. Where are my Physical Kickstarter Rewards
A. We are still in the process of sourcing several of the physical rewards for different tiers, as we’re going to be sending all tiers out at once we will only begin shipping once we have all rewards in stock. We’re receiving quotes for the last big items, namely the blood imp statuette and are waiting on prototypes before production begins.
We expect that all rewards should be shipped out within the next few months .
Q. Have you forgotten about the DRM-Free version?
A. Not at all, in fact our code team is working on putting together the DRM-Free version of the game now, after that we need some way to distribute it to you so we’ll be keeping you posted on this in the next few weeks.
Q. Will the newsletter be available on Kickstarter?
A. We will not be rolling out our newsletter across the kickstarter updates system, Instead we will provide links to our latest newsletters to kickstarter backers each month. We will still be posting updates directly to kickstarter regarding the fulfillment of remaining rewards.
That’s it for this week and for War for the Overworld Wednesday in general, we’ll be back in the near future with our first newsletter and other news. Keep your eyes peeled!
Until next time Underlord,
- WFTO Team