This 20-page, stand-alone adventure is created for the DCC RPG system in a PDF, or in a softcover PRINT format. It can be adapted to any fantasy RPG system. The adventure is primarily for low-level characters and newer players. In testing, it was also enjoyed by veteran gamers of all ages. It is not setting specific and can be placed into any fantasy world near ancient woodlands.
Background: War is looming. The Earl of Nanch and his neighboring elven kingdom are sharpening the spears of aggression. Those on the border are split between two dangerous dynasts.
Pressed into duty for lord and country, the peasants and gong farmers of Nanch find themselves in a strange and unnerving forest full of denizens older than the practice of naming.
In this new world, the rules of life and death are a game of whimsy practiced by fantastic forces, and bizarre ancient feuds re-ignite in the chaos of war. Those errant attendants of Nanch will be fortunate to survive the madness of either ruler!
The adventure spans a series of strange and otherworldly encounters with the magical and surreal denizens of Greenwood—while under the incompetence, cowardice, and bullying of Pertrub (one of the King's footmen).
As the encounters continue, signs of the Earl's fate are everywhere. The players must pick up clues and begin to grasp the realities behind them!
The adventure features a number of visual puzzles with handouts to help the players solve them.
Players will need courage to face an assortment of unsuspected and cunning enemies, wits to survive the magical forces and clever snares, and a silver tongue to make quick friends out of foes.
In the End...
After the players believe they have escaped, they encounter a powerful manifestation of King Leaprilox!
Should the party survive this epic showdown—or figure out how to escape it, they will return to town and be readied for a life of adventure and daring: (from the module)
As you exit Greenwood, you realize your psyche has been forever altered. So much sorcery and death, so much caprice and devious whimsy have forced you to peer into the crazed world beyond your sheltered reality. You are hopelessly drawn by the unbelievable mystery of the land beyond your village. Back home, food tastes bland, colors seem muted, your daily work a half-forgotten memory. You are no longer capable of sustaining a mundane life. A path of heroics has opened. You have tasted of courage, wit, cunning, wizardry and faith. Something within has been awakened and cannot slumber!
Their adventure has just begun! They are now ready for the world of wonderful adventures that DCC RPG system has available. This is the best aspect of the DCC universe. There is a host of well written and amazing adventures awaiting the players. Just check out this! And that is just the adventures available from Goodman Games. There is much more from 3rd party publishers.
Featured Stretch Goal additions
- New Character Sheet: Another goal is to include an illustrated starting character sheet that can be used for a 0 or 1st level character of any class. It also features some useful character information which is not available on standard DCC character sheets: Fumble Die, Temporary Ability Loss, Class Hit Die, Initiative Die, and more.
- Wild Elf (Wildling): Another goal is to include a new character class. The Wild Elf is a character class option for any elf character. Wildlings have some combat, stealth and magic abilities, but are not specialists in any of these areas. They also have a unique set of weapons available from their cultural crafts.
- (ACHIEVED) $650 Upgrade self cover ---> 100lb Gloss color cover (This means the outer softcover will be stout and durable with a gloss coating)
- (ACHIEVED) $800 A full new character sheet. This illustrated character sheet has additional DCC RPG information as explained above.
- (ACHIEVED) $1000 Upgrade 100lb Gloss color cover ---> Premium Gloss color cover with UV coating for preservation and protection of the booklet.
- (ACHIEVED) $1200 The new character class Wild Elf (Wildling) as detailed above.
- (ACHIEVED) $1500 Upgrade interior paper from 60lb text ----> 80lb glossy text--this will give the entire booklet a more stout and durable feel.
- (ACHIEVED) $2000 Added Artwork ----> Add 2 new interior pieces of art
Reviews and Previews
"...So why are you still sitting there reading this? Go make a pledge and get some yourself some official old school gaming goodness..." --From Goodman Games
"Greenwood of the Fey Sovereign looks like a fun little funnel at the right price - 7 bucks for the PDF, 10 bucks for the Print copy and 15 for Print plus PDF. I love the art..."--From Tenkar's Tavern
What is DCC RPG?
It is the funnest, most amazing, new (yet classic) role-playing game out there. If you want to jump into the old school RPG feel, if you played AD&D and want to get your kids into the games that had the snap you remember, this is the system.
It is easy to pick up for people new to RPG games, and a blast for those of us who played the original AD&D classics and games like Gamma World. It has the feel of the Gary Gygax vision for the genre, yet it is a system that improves a lot of the holes in the original systems without getting too complex. Read more here. Best of all you really only need 1 book (to rule them all, and in the darkness bind them). They even have a $5 quickstart rulebook, but i highly recommend the full book since it has all the lovely details, art, and charts you will want.
This product is based on the Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game, published by Goodman Games. This product is published under license. Dungeon Crawl Classics and DCC RPG are trademarks of Goodman Games. All rights reserved. For additional information, visit www.goodman-games.com or contact email@example.com.
Risks and challenges
Studio 9 Game/ Studio 9 Inc has run 9 successful Kickstarters. Two of these campaigns were labeled by Kickstarter as "Projects we Love".
The only risk we anticipate is delays related to factors outside our control such as printing or shipping. These would be communicated as soon as possible.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)