Discov3ry Production Update - February 27
Shipping is Steady
Over the last week a number of Discov3ries have gone out of our doors and they are en route to their new homes as we speak. Our target is to ship all the Beta units by the end of next week after which full scale shipping will commence. We put together an un-boxing video of the first package if you are keen to see what it will look like and the full press release can be read here.
Sourcing, Manufacturing and Testing (Beta Backers)
All sourcing and Manufacturing has been completed for Beta Backers, the final units are going through last minute quality testing before shipping next week.
Sourcing, Manufacturing and Testing (Production)
All production parts have either arrived or are being locally manufactured at this moment. All remaining parts are accounted for to fulfill every Kickstarter order, as well as to begin our post-Kickstarter shipments.
- Beta Backers - Estimated delivery for February 2015.
- Production Batch #1 Backers - Estimated delivery March 2015.
- Production Batch #2 and #3 Backers - Estimated delivery for April 2015 and onwards.
- Kickstarter Backer Hall of Fame - Names from newly completed surveys are updated every Wednesday. Can you find your name?
- Backer T-shirts - All of the T-shirt backers who have completed their survey have shipped. Newly completed surveys shipped once per week. More shirts available on our website.
- Nutella Selfies - The world's second Nutella selfie was given to backer #2; delivery will be ongoing for remaining backers. As always, if you haven't given us your shipping address yet, just go over to discov3ry.backerkit.com, and enter the email address you use on Kickstarter.
Epic Print of the Week - 3D Printed Hummus
3Digital Cooks founder Luis Rodriguez, whose work we have featured before, uses his own 3D printer the Pinya 2 to print with colorful hummus. More info here. Just to get your imagination going, this project is similar to one you could try with your Discov3ry. We tried it with multicolored icing sugar.
P.S. Stay tuned over the course of the next week we will be re-opening Backerkit for anyone with address changes.