Discov3ry Production Update - February 20
Very First Beta Units Have Shipped!
Yesterday the whole Structur3d team hand delivered a Discov3ry to one of our Beta backers. It was a momentous occasion for us. Once again we would like to thank you for being a part of our journey. Units have started shipping out the door today fully tested and ready for action.
Sourcing, Manufacturing and Testing (Beta Backers)
Enclosure – We have the enclosures for the Beta Backer units and are now busy completing the assemblies and testing each unit.
Custom Brackets - The full batch of Beta Backer brackets has been delivered. Assembly is well underway and standard procedures are being established for efficiency.
Hardware - In house for all Beta Backer units. Some additional custom parts are being manufactured in house (3D printed in ABS) on our printers. The motors have arrived for the Beta Backers. Remaining motors are currently being ordered.
Cartridge Kits - All syringes, tubing, connectors, and tips are in stock, and the cartridge kits are currently being assembled. A reminder, additional kits can be purchased through our website.
Manufacturing and Testing - Units are undergoing testing and optimization. Any required adjustments are being identified and remedied during this early Beta manufacturing phase.
Shipping and Packaging – Options are finalized on how we will package and ship your Discov3ry to its new home. All materials for packaging are in our manufacturing facility.
- Beta Backers - Estimated delivery for February 2015.
- Production Batch #1 Backers - Estimated delivery March 2015.
- Production Batch #2 and #3 Backers - Estimated delivery for April 2015 and onwards.
- Kickstarter Backer Hall of Fame - Names from newly completed surveys are updated every Wednesday. Can you find your name?
- Backer T-shirts - All of the T-shirt backers who have completed their survey have shipped. Newly completed surveys shipped once per week. More shirts available on our website.
- Nutella Selfies - The world's second Nutella selfie was given to backer #2; delivery will be ongoing for remaining backers. As always, if you haven't given us your shipping address yet, just go over to discov3ry.backerkit.com, and enter the email address you use on Kickstarter.
Epic Print of the Week - 3D Lollipop Molds!
A company named StuffHub has developed a process for customizing candy to look just the way you want it, and it looks easy as pie. Stuffhub uses a Stratasys uPrint SE 3D printer to create a silicone mold with your unique design or logo; then they take these to a candy store called Papabubble to have them turned into delectable candy! More info at 3ders.
If you are keen to experiment, you could probably try printing lollipops directly from sugar syrup with your Discov3ry.