About this project
Funded! We're Gearing Up for Our 4th Year
During our first 3 years of producing Casual Game Insider, we have spread our magazine far and wide. We have also continually learned what to do and what not to do to create a great magazine – as our readers can attest, we have gotten better and better at what we do!
But we always depend on our subscribers and sponsors to ensure we have the funding to continue to serve the needs of casual gamers everywhere. With your help, we are excited and ready to continue to our 4th year - choose a reward level to help us continue the revolution!
Board games are making a comeback! Casual Game Insider (or CGI) is a quarterly magazine that covers news, reviews, and interesting articles about casual board, card, dice, and party games. To date, we have produced 12 great issues.
"Casual Games" are the main focus of our magazine. In general, we consider casual games to have these characteristics:
- Played in under an hour
- Set up and taught in under 10 minutes
- Require some light strategic thought
- Not specifically marketed to children, but can be enjoyed by anyone from older children to adults
Here are examples of some of our favorite casual games:
Casual Game Insider has been made possible by these great companies, and more!
- We now reach over 320 Barnes & Noble locations across the United States!
- We are now featured in the BoardGameGeek.com store! Our magazine is often seen on the front page and other pages of the site.
- To avoid shipping and port delays we now plan to work with a domestic printer! We will keep your money in the USA.
- We plan to expand our magazine from 44 to 48 total pages!
All of these are only possible with your help. Thank you!
Save up to $1,200 right now by supporting this campaign! Choose one of the sponsor levels below to reserve ad spots over the coming year. Specific reservations will be made on a first come, first served basis (according to the time each pledge is made). See our media kit for more information on ad choices or contact us at info@CasualGameRevolution.com for additional questions.
Risks and challenges
After three full years of production and fulfilling backer rewards, we are confident in our ability to deliver on our commitments. Previously, we have experienced some delays of up to several weeks due to port congestion, international holidays, etc. To reduce the risk of delays going forward, we plan to begin working with a domestic printer. This will guarantee a quicker turnaround time and much higher likelihood of releasing each issue on schedule.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (31 days)