Pizza? Soda? Chips? Cookies?
Does this sound like your gaming group's spread? Perhaps your group has a regular order from a local takeout place. Is being stuck in the rut of "ordinary" food frustrating your players? Tired of your fridge overflowing with to-go containers?
If so, it's time for Tavern Encounters: The Heroes' Feast!
Tavern Encounters: The Heroes' Feast is a book designed for players and GMs alike.
Part One - We Meet at the Tavern!
This book's job is simple - turn your tavern from a trope into a treasure!
The first third of our book gives the aspiring host-GM a full set of tools, tips, and tricks from both sides of the table! Whether you need information on what cocktails pair best with a rib-eye or how to deliver excellent hummus everyone* at your table will enjoy, this part of the book is designed for you.
Focusing on those tips and tricks every modern tavern uses to ensure your experience is a pleasant one, this portion of the book will give you insights into running a tavern and brewpub from an established veteran of the industry.
Tavern Owner Kurt Jensen, alongside his personal team, will take you on a tour of how best to host a meal-focused tabletop gaming session, what common pitfalls to avoid, and what gaming activities pair best with different meals and cocktails.
Players will find handy tips and tricks throughout, all of them aimed at helping players lessen the host's load with a focus on creating the best play experience possible.
Players and GMs will learn:
- Setting up your space: Tapmaster Kurt will discuss how to use atmosphere and a selection of readily available tools to shape your space and with it, your gaming experience!
- The Host with the Most - Tapmaster Kurt reveals a selection of tips and tricks that grant you advantage when you host your next gaming session.
- Yes, Chef! - Run your game table like you do your kitchen! Modern kitchens are fast-paced environments where sharp knives, open flames, and other dangerous elements are a part of every shift! Kurt takes you on a journey that teaches GMs how to take those tools and apply them at the game table.
- A Chair By the Fire - Tapmaster Kurt walks GMs and story tellers through a selection of pairings, while using his secrets to enhance your game space, as well as to breathe life into every tavern owner the PCs dare taunt.
- Tavern Rules - Jaye and Kurt give you specialized rules for running fantasy taverns, inns, bars, cafés, and similar sites around the city. They'll include a series of specific locations, each with custom quests, foes, and hidden secrets - build quests as you expand your control of the city!
Part Two - Taverns, Inns, & Restaurants of the World
The second part of this book includes a feast of new options, lairs, NPCs, feats, backgrounds, and spells - all designed to be compatible with the 5th edition of the world's most-popular tabletop roleplaying game.
Players and GMs will get:
- A Rogue's Gallery - Players will discover a host new content including new backgrounds, new Feats, new skill suggestions, and new equipment with which to customize and modify their heroes.
- A Better Rest - New rules make taking a short rest fun! Use a selection of new meals, snacks, and drinks to hasten healing, gain small boons, or gird yourself against the coming punishment.
- Kitchen Witch's Blessing - Players will discover a selection of new spells to help around the house. Improved abjurations, specialized summonings, and dining divinations all promise to add extra layers of intrigue around the table.
- The Right Stuff! - Players and GMs will discover a list of new, specialized equipment that serves them both in and outside of the kitchen. Unlock new uses for the frying pan. Learn how much damage a rolling pin does. Use a bread board as a shield!
- Taverns & Troubles - GMs will discover a collection of detailed lairs, each with a selection of story seeds, rumors, secrets, and potential quests. As players earn reputation with individual lairs, they'll learn more about them, and over time, might uncover the secrets that lie beneath! GMs will discover bonus tables that add depth and life to any tavern, keep, or inn.
- Roony H. Dauntibani's Guide to the Good Stuff adds a layer of depth for players who want to bridge their table experience with their characters' respective meals, giving GMs a series of "quests" that when completed, unlock offerings that grant every player one or more boons at the table! Groups can use these bonus recipes to plan their "out of game meals" and earn special, "in game" boons!
Part Three - The Book of Many Recipes.
The last part of Tavern Encounters: The Heroes' Feast will include detailed meal and drink recipes from a wide array of regions. We'll give GMs a careful selection of tasty treats from around the world, paired with excellent beers and cocktails, that will promise to help you level up any game night (even if that's just watching the game on television).
Players and GMs will discover a collection of recipes designed to excite, impress, and improve everything about your tabletop gaming experience.
About 8th Street Ale Haus
8th Street Ale Haus opened its doors in 2010, quickly becoming a notable brewpub and community cornerstone. Refining its offerings during the last decade, 8th Street Ale Haus has proudly supported gaming events in the community, as well as local writers, artists, and other creatives. It's part of their philosophy.
From their website:
"Creating is central to our vision of being involved in craft beer, now. Whether that is creating a new beer in our brewpub, creating a delicious dish in the kitchen, creating a fun event to bring people together, or creating a sense of community, we are always looking to make things a little better than we were before."
We've worked with the Ale Haus for several events over the last four years and couldn't think of a better possible partner to create with.
About Storm Bunny Studios
Storm Bunny Studios has been publishing tabletop content for a number of mechanical systems since 2012. The proud publisher of content such as Rhune: Dawn of Twilight, Mists of Akuma, Bloodlines & Black Magic, and the World of Alessia, Storm Bunny Studios is excited to be partnering up with the Sheboygan Beer Company and 8th Street Ale Haus to create what we feel is bound to become an instant classic!
This will be the 6th Storm Bunny Studios Kickstarter.
Like all Kickstarters, we know your level of interest and engagement is going to vary. We know this book is going to attract a lot of attention, from both gamers and good hosts everywhere. Even if you're not interested in getting all the bells and whistles, consider backing us and following along for the updates!
At this level, we you get our gratitude and if you're in the Continental USA, a sticker, too. If you really want just the sticker, live outside of the US, and are willing to cover S&H, we'll send you a sticker, too!
Additionally, you get access to all of the private updates, which will include bonus recipes and other content.
At this level, you get a digital copy of Tavern Encounters: The Heroes' Feast and all related stretch goals.
At this level, you get a printed, full-color, softcover copy Tavern Encounters: The Heroes' Feast. You also get a digital copy and any related digital stretch goals.
At this level you get a printed, full-color, hardcover copy Tavern Encounters: The Heroes' Feast. You also get a digital copy and any related digital stretch goals.
At this level, you get a signed hardcover copy of Tavern Encounters, a Tavern Encounters: The Heroes' Feast sticker, a Tavern Encounters: The Heroes' Feast logo hat, a digital copy of Tavern Encounters: The Heroes' Feast, and any related stretch goals.
At this level, you get a hardcover copy of Tavern Encounters: The Heroes' Feast. You also get aTavern Encounters: The Heroes' Feast sticker, a Tavern Encounters: The Heroes' Feast logo hat, a digital copy of Tavern Encounters: The Heroes' Feast, and any related stretch goals.
At this level, you get a signed hardcover copy of Tavern Encounters: The Heroes' Feast. You also get aTavern Encounters: The Heroes' Feast sticker, a Tavern Encounters: The Heroes' Feast logo hat, a digital copy of Tavern Encounters: The Heroes' Feast, and any related stretch goals. Finally, you special, "Design Camp Access" to our working environment; you get early access to the content and, in Design Camp style, can pitch ideas for inclusions inside parts of the book.
At this level, you get a signed hardcover copy of Tavern Encounters: The Heroes' Feast. You also get aTavern Encounters: The Heroes' Feast sticker, a Tavern Encounters: The Heroes' Feast logo hat, a digital copy of Tavern Encounters: The Heroes' Feast, and any related stretch goals. Additionally, you may describe a single hero to be illustrated in the book!
If you've ever wanted to give someone a truly special gift, this is one of the ways to do it!
We pull out the airships and throw you a party!** We whip up some fancy tavern eats and throw you a game to remember! We include 5 signed, hardcover copies of the book, all digital assets, all unlocked stretch goals, 5 Tavern Encounters: The Heroes' Feast stickers, and 5 Tavern Encounters: The Heroes' Feast logo hats.
*Okay, we can't make people like hummus, but we'll do our best. ;)
**This pledge level is for residents of Wisconsin or its neighboring states; we will travel up to 150 miles and spend a full afternoon with your group. Groups willing to travel to Sheboygan, Wisconsin (you must provide lodging and travel) may also pledge.
Risks and challenges
Storm Bunny Studio's has worked with the 8th Street Ale Haus to host previous events, including Sheboygan NonCon and other, private gaming events. When coupled with Storm Bunny Studio's proven track record of delivering their Kickstarters, we feel many of our risks are reduced.
Of course, as with all projects, unforeseen events and life events can slow a project - but if that happens, you can bet we'll tell you! Storm Bunny Studios has an excellent record of updating all of their projects and answering backer requests, often within days. We update often!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)