Use this space to cheer the creator along, ask questions, and talk to your fellow backers. Please remember to be respectful and considerate. Thanks!
@Yangtian Li - Send us a KS message and we'll get you your key and info!
I was the original $25 tier backer, since I have a Mac so I was waiting for the Steam release, and I don't think I have received any keys to play the original game or the art book PDF. Can you let me know how to get these? Thank you!
You are welcome! Good luck! :-D
Thanks for the kind words Valeriy - really, that sort of comment does mean a lot to us and does indeed teach us. Thank you.
So, the whole *bright* idea of Steam-DRM-only release flopped big time...
With this move and no Linux support for ep 2 and 3 (and, honestly, ep. 1 also) I can not say I pity you and your *brilliant* GOG release during GOG sale with "Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines" as a big bully present.
Be ready for another flop.
Yup - let us know if you have any more trouble Nick! Thanks @Glaring :)
@ Nick You see where it says Created by Stoic?
Click on Stoic and then on Contact me.
This may be a dumb question, but I can't figure out how to send a message on Kickstarter. Can anyone assist?
Glad to see. And the release thread on GOG is a mixed bag, but it appears to be more on your favour with people glad for the most part that it's not only on STEAM-DRM. (Though the current GOG sale might stunt the release there a bit.)
@Celine - please see our latest update for more info.
So. Are we getting out GOG keys or not?
Celine - as we've explained to you numerous times, we haven't said "NO" to DRM-Free and we haven't said "NO" to anything just yet. We're working on numerous things that we can't make public but we do want to ensure we get TBS2 in as many places as possible. It's now been 10 days since our Steam launch and we ask that you be patient. If you cannot be patient, then please go forward and do whatever you feel like you need to do.
"Maybe contact Patrik Klepek or Patricia Hernandez of Kotaku or Adam Smith of RPS" is the advise a friend gave me.
I wonder if that would fall under Kickstarter's "take it to Social Media" response?
@Stoic In other words you can't actually quote anything.
I am not surprised.
@Celine - with all due respect, we understand you're upset and we've tried to explain things to you, but you seem intent on just being negative regardless of what we have to say or regardless of how many times we try to reason with you.
Talking to anyone on Social Media isn't a "right" and every company has the option to block whomever they wish. It was clear you were only there to be negative/cause problems and you got blocked as a result of that. We use twitter to talk with our fans openly and help them if they need it. You have repeatedly had the situation regarding DRM-Free explained to you.
If you have other problems or concerns we'll gladly listen and try to help you if we can.
@Stoic And I am still very interesting in knowing how many other Backers you, and your Publisher, have attempted to silence in this manner.
@Stoic There is indeed, and I'd love you to quote any Tweet you think crossed that line.
@Bryy - Shoot us an e-mail - email@example.com and we'll see if we can help troubleshoot. Haven't heard of that before, but we can try and help!
@Celine - with all due respect, there's a fine line between talking to us via Social Media and harassing us via Social Media.
@xawesomecorex - only backers at the $50 and up are getting keys for TBS2/TBS3
@Brandon - not currently, but we hope to have some more stuff available at some point.
@Joseph - send us a KS message!
As always - the best way to contact us is to send us a KS message or an e-mail! Thanks!
In case anyone's wondering, @stoicstudio and @BannerSaga have also both blocked me.
So much for an open and HONEST discourse!
Has anyone else who publicly Tweeted against the DRM-swap found themselves preemptively blocked by their Publisher https://twitter.com/vs_evil?
Anyone else having an issue where the game crashes and you get a message saying "Graphics card stopped working but recovered"? I have Windows 10.
@xawesomecorex There is a whole issue in the Comments about how people were potentially tricked into increasing their pledges up to $50 to get the second and third chapters.
No, the $10 one doesn't have the further parts of the game included.
I was in the $10 tier way back in the beginning. Does that include a key for Part 2? If so, I haven't received mine yet.
Hey guys, I was in the $50 teir that included the emblem. Wishing I chose the poster instead, is there any place that sells them now?
Hey Stoic! I was an original backer at the $80 tier (I have the signed poster framed and hanging proudly in my office) and I have been patiently waiting for the Xbox Live (XBLA) console release of this game since I am really not a PC gamer. I just saw that it finally came out on Xbox Live for Xbox One and I know you originally wanted to make sure that the original backers would be able to get a copy of the game on any system they wanted assuming it was possible.
That being said I was wondering if and when an original backer past the $50 tier like myself may be able to get a digital code to download the Xbox Live version of the game which I would absolutely play more than the PC version. Since my name is in the credits I would love to be able to see it on the big screen of my home television! Thanks for listening.
We're handling all of our The Banner Saga 2 news and information via our official sites (not the KS). We will still be sharing content here from time to time however as we do want to keep you informed of all things The Banner Saga related. If you have any pressing issues or concerns please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We haven't announced an official date for The Banner Saga 2 just yet.
Yes, all original backers of The Banner Saga at the $50 and up tier will get the next games.
No - nothing to hide, just trying to share backer only info with backers.
Linux has been especially difficult and we've got this steam thread with more info about our Linux Beta branch: http://steamcommunity.com/app/237990/discussions/0/496880503065673098/
The Banner Saga 2 will not have it's own KS because the first game funded development of the next game.
"Why "backer only"? Do you have something to hide? Something to be ashamed of?"
Gotta love the public.
According to Update #8 for Banner Saga, Stoic stated that backers at $50+ tiers will get the next two Banner Saga games. Is that still true?
Seems Chapter 2 is going to be released this year?
No Linux DRM-free version so far...
Looking forward to the Linux release! It's been a while since the last update posted on Steam (Oct 2014) about it, but I'm glad to see a QA status update for it on this page.
It's, er, pretty strange that you released an announcement trailer for Banner Saga 2 but didn't share it here? Maybe an update is forthcoming?
Will part 2 from the Banner Saga become a Kickstarter?
Woohoo, Vita port confirmed now, THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!! :D
Just saw Banner Saga is coming to PS4, yay! Hoping to see a Vita version as well since it's the perfect game to play on the go! :D
We haven't really shared much about the next couple of games, but be sure to Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and check out our website often for updates. We're working on them now and will be posting updates soon.
Hey Stoic, hoping to hear about development for Chapter 2 and 3.
@Stoic: Why "backer only"? Do you have something to hide? Something to be ashamed of? I agree, "we are dealing with a few crashes", "we need to add in sound" and "we don’t have a date yet" are not much of an advertisement, especially after more than half a year after initial release and after iPhone release, but let's be honest and open here.
For those backers leaving comments about Linux - we just posted a backer only update with info for you.
For what it's worth I know they are working on "Episode 2" because Austin Wintory said on Twitter that he was recording music for the second game.
I think Linux is the least of the problems of this campaign. Just imagine all those backers waiting on any word on further development of "Episode 2 & 3".
And that slap in the face with DRM-free version, not to mention that whole "Factions" deal. As a project for me it is utter failure, even worse than actual failed projects since I didn't get what others got.
But in the grand scale it was a success since back then in 2012 we was in need of developer's attention and all that *declared* support of Linux turned other developers' attention to our platform. But times have changed. What worked back then will not do now.
As for this project? Well, we can live with that. Some will use Windows in dual-boot, others can use Wine, neither like the first time, nor like the last, sadly…
But we learned our lessons:
1) If it uses Adobe technologies -- avoid it;
2) If the release is promised "sometime later" -- avoid it.
Well, I wonder now: how many people gave their money because of that port-to-Linux-promise thing — just to realize slowly that they were ignored just from the moment when all transactions had been completed? To be more specific, I wonder: how much does it cost to turn the whole team to liars?
7 months of ignoring the people who funded you - full steam ahead for 12!
Hi there were is the Linux version I went to check for the DRM version and could not find it when will it be coming out?
Where do you plan to celebrate? May I join you? :-)
@Pegasus: Well, they said in update #6 that they'd be porting the game to Linux before the second part was released, so don't hold your breath.
BTW, congrats on hitting your 6-month not-telling-anybody-jack-about-the-Linux-version-you-were-promised milestone. Should we send cake?
BTW, you guys that sent the crest in late. Where can I find the template to make my own crest? Also, Stoic had said backer $50+ will get the next two Banner Saga games. Is that still true?
5 months, no news on Linux. Keep it up guys, I have faith you can keep us totally in the dark for at least half a year.
I missed the initial crest upload as well, but I did go and use the uploader. I haven't wanted to play without my crest (and I wasn't in a rush) and it was said they would try to put late crests into patches. Well I checked the recent patch today and my crest was in there! So Banner Saga here I come. Definitely email Stoic, I did and they told me it would get in there eventually (but they gave no ETA).
eXoScoriae, I'd e-mail Stoic at email@example.com if you have questions about uploading crests. But one of the devs just posted on the Banner Saga forums that he added 60 more Kickstarter backer crests to the most recent build, so they are still uploading crests to the game.