What's it all about?:
Hi and thanks so much for viewing our project. We are very excited to open Still Hill Brewery which is almost ready to go in Rocky Hill, CT. We are reaching out and Tapping you to help fund your Taproom! We call it YOUR taproom since it's where you'll be able to come and enjoy our high quality craft beer. We're serious about our beer and want you to be a part of this dream come true project. Check out more on our project under my "bio". It's been a 7-year odyssey and we cannot wait to get started! We hope to open by the end of December. Thanks again and please support us. Every time you visit us (and if you're far away -we'll send you a photo!) you'll see what you helped create. Be a part of Still Hill Brewery!
The Beer: http://stillhillbrewery.com/the-beer/
We are almost there! We are looking for Your support to help fund the Taproom. Make it a cool place to come and relax, take a tour, have a brew or fill a growler. To open end of December 2015 in Rocky Hill, CT.
How to Be a Part of Still Hill? It's Easy:
- If you don't have one yet, create a Kickstarter account- Log in with your username and password (or Amazon account information)
- Choose the reward you want and pledge. If you can't pledge share this campaign.
- Then tell everyone you know about this campaign and how excited you are to be part of the SHB Taproom creation! We want to make sure you get your swag and the only way to do that is to reach our goal!
- Share it on Facebook and Twitter and tell everyone you know - then share it and tell them again! Our campaign is only for 40 days- so let's get it out there!
Cool Swag Rewards:
All rewards build onto themselves (aka cumulative). Right?... what a deal! They are all listed on the right hand side. --->
$10 Reward. Only have $10 to spare? No problem we got you covered in these 5" vinyl die-cut stickers. Sorry man, the pen is not included.
SHB Brass Cap Lifter
$25 Reward. Custom SHB solid brass 4" bottle cap opener. Keep it handy to open all those craft beer bottles.
$50 Reward. High quality 6.1 oz. 100% cotton Gildan grey T-shirt. Logo on both sides. "Chill with a Hill". You'll see us coming and going.
Etched Pint Glass
$75 Reward. This is a limited edition special Etched Pint Glass with the SHB logo. So fancy you'll want to register for a set of 12.
$100 Reward. Love this handmade 20 oz. custom mug for Founders Only! Yours to keep or let us admire and care for it in the taproom.
Two Founders Mugs - or - A Day at the Brewery
$200 Reward **CHOICE**
1.) Two Founders Mugs - no need to bicker over who gets to use the SHB Founders Mug. With this reward you get two of them! Or you can choose:
2.) Do you love the process of brewing beer and want to work on the big equipment? This is your chance to spend the day with Scott, the head brewer, learning how to make the liquid gold we call craft beer.
Two Tickets to Two Events
$500 Reward. We are going to have amazing events and parties at the brewery - we can't miss with two event planners as partners. You'll get the tickets you want.
Private Tasting & Sensory Experience
$1,000 Reward. Invite 9 friends to a very unique experience at the brewery with Scott. who is a BJCP certified judge. Learn all about what makes an off flavor and what makes a great flavor. Your friends will thank you for a very cool and different type of evening.
Your Support goes to:
- Bar: create and build a wood bar for you to come and hang out and enjoy a brew. We all need something to lean on
- HVAC: Its just no fun enjoying a beverage through chattering teeth in the Winter or dripping sweat in the Summer!
- Dishwasher: not your standard Maytag. We need a professional one that cleans the glasses quickly to keep pouring that brew
- Tap System: this is pretty important
- Tables, Chairs & Stools: It would be more comfortable to have them
- Flooring: we have a cement floor which looks great - just needs polishing and sealing
- Lighting: currently we have that harsh factory lighting (no one looks good in that lighting) but we'd love to change it
- Glassware: we want to buy color logo'd pint glasses to complete the perfect pour
- Paint: there's a ton of painting to be done
- Sink: a bar sink is a necessity
- Taphandles: It would be hard to pour without them
Thank you for your support and please share this kickstarter campaign with your friends to help us reach our goal!
Special Thanks to:
Our partners in believing in Still Hill Brewery to start with and for giving up their time on weekends to help with the immense amount of work needed to create this project. We thank you for your support, time and especially your friendship.
Risks and challenges
As you can see, we are well on our way to opening the brewery. We have our equipment in place, our Federal permit in hand and are working on our state permit. Obtaining the state beer manufacturing permit and local occupancy permits are the items on our to-do list that could cause delay. Our challenge at this point is providing a tap room environment worthy of our customers. If we are delayed it will be due to obtaining our State license to begin brewing. We have our Federal license, which in the state of CT had to be obtained prior to requesting our state license. We now wait. If anything is wrong with the application it could set us back a bit but honestly, it will not deter us! We hope to open by the end of December 2015.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (40 days)