About this project
"Who Else Wants To Be Part Of The Filmmaking
Experience And Help Us Make A Movie?"
To Contribute To This Project After The Deadline Visit:
Who We Are
We are a group of student filmmakers attending Saddleback College in Mission Viejo, CA. We have a passion for films and the process of filmmaking and we all hope to work in the film and TV industry. "Scent" represents our Spring 2012 advanced filmmaking class project and the first short film for co-producer and director Steve Myles.
About Steve MylesSteve discovered a passion for filmmaking after enrolling in a cinematography and a video production basics class at Saddleback College in order to implement the use of video in his marketing business. He then went on to study TV and film directing (in which he received several awards), screenwriting, acting, film production management, and advanced film production. Everything he's learned up to this point has prepared him for making this film. You can check out some of his work here: http://bit.ly/mS6Txw
Originally written by David A.F. Chase, "Scent" tells the story of
Saul Weitz, a holocaust survivor who becomes blind when he discovers the
existence of vampires at the end of World War II. After the war he
develops an obsession for hunting down ex-Nazis and bringing them to justice,
even in his limited capacity. He has also developed an obsession for
researching and finding the creatures that had a part in him becoming blind.
Fighting off his eminent death, Saul visits an old friend in the hospital and,
during an earthquake, becomes trapped in an elevator with several other
passengers. Due to his heightened sense of smell, Saul discovers that one
of the passengers is not what he claims to be. He is instead one of the
creatures he's been looking for and researching for most of his life.
On the surface this may seem like just a vampire story. In reality, it's the story of how for someone will go for vengeance. Would you become a monster in order to destroy other monsters?
We Need You!
any kind of movie costs money. And making a movie that looks and sounds
good so it won't be looked at as an amateurish attempt at filmmaking costs even
more money. We want this to be the best film it can be, so we need
your contribution to help us fund our budget.
Our budget allows for us to:
- Rent locations where we can shoot
- Build an elevator set in the Saddleback Studios
- Purchase wardrobe and props for the cast
- Obtain film permits
- Rent additional camera equipment
- Rent a U-Haul truck
- Pay for gas and a hotel room for our lead actor
- And feed the cast and crew delicious, hot meals in exchange for them donating their time and working for free on this movie
100% of your contribution (minus Kickstarer fees) goes toward the budget of this film.
What's In It For You?
Not only will you get the satisfaction from helping us achieve our dream of making a great movie, you're also going to get some fantastic, fun perks when you become involved in the making of this film. Things like:
- The "Principles of Attraction" eBook by Adam Lyons – You’ll learn the specific steps and techniques you can take to increase your success in attracting and dating women.
- Johnny Soporno's 2-hour audio interview – You’ll learn how to feel conformable, confident, and totally worthy of a beautiful woman, the “pick-up lines” that work best, how to become successful at dating multiple women, the 2 rules for having multiple girlfriends, and the steps to take to arrange 3-somes with your girlfriend.
- The Hypnotica episode of Mehow's "Infield Insider" – In this hidden camera and interview series you'll be able to experience a shining example of exactly what a master pick-up artist says and does to attract and seduce beautiful women.
- The "Same Night Seduction" (Same Night Lay) Crash Course by Nick Rogue and Epik – You’ll discover the specific steps and strategies for sleeping with women the first night you meet them. You'll learn how to approach women, how to screen for proper logistics, how to set sexual frames, how to create sexual tension, and how to "close the deal".
- Hypnotica's "Collection of Confidence" audio program (www.CollectionOfConfidence.com) – You’ll discover how to overcome fear and anxiety when approaching women, how to eliminate all fear rejection from your life instantly, and how to radiate complete control, confidence, and inner peace… which women find super attractive.
- Hypnotica's "Deep Phone Seduction" program - You'll learn the skills for emotionally and sexually stimulating a women over the phone with only the sound of your voice.
- "An Evening With Hypnotica" Volume 1 & 2 workshop videos (www.EveningWithHypnotica.com) – You'll learn how to seduce women very quickly, how to develop an attractive voice, how to develop your non-verbal communication skills for seducing women, how to flirt and properly turn a conversation sexual without being "creepy", how to overcome fear and anxiety in your life, how to improve your "inner game" by eliminating negative beliefs and installing new ones, and much more.
- Sean Messenger's “Evolution of Men” aka “The Art of F*cking” bootcamp videos (www.EOMProgram.com) – You’ll learn how to own your sexual desires and project your raw masculinity,how to keep the sexiest, most high-quality, most feminine women happy and fulfilled, the #1 thing that turns on your woman more than anything else, how to create love, passion and amazing sex for a night, a lifetime, or anything in between, how to have deeper, more intimate connections with women, how to keep the passion red-hot in your relationships, and much more.
- A 1-hour phone consultation with Master Pick-Up Artist and "Inner Game Guru" Hypnotica (www.Hypnotica.org) – You'll get personalized, 1-on-1 help for Hypnotica himself on any subject you chose, from inner game, to seducing women, to dating exotic dancers.
- A 2-Day Intensive Daygame Bootcamp – You'll learn to approach, meet, and seduce women during the daytime by actually going out and doing it in the real world with a coach.
- A digital download of the film so you can watch it as soon as its finished.
- A DVD or Blu-ray of the film so you can share the movie you helped to bring into existence with your friends and family...
- Behind-the-scenes footage of the making of the film so you can come along with us (from start to finish) as we make the movie...
- A personalized shooting script signed by the writer, director, and cast...
- An invitation and VIP treatment at the premier of the film...
- And credits in the film that will show up on screen and on IMDB.com that will last as long as movies exist.
So please help make Scent a reality.
What To Do Next
Click on the big green "Back This Project" button on the top right of this page and enter your pledge amount or just click on your preferred pledge level on the right and then click on "Continue To The Next Step" on the next page. You’ll be taken to Amazon Payments and a secure page where you can fund your contributing using a credit card or debit card.
Other Ways You Can Help
Please help us spread the word and make some noise about the making of "Scent". Above (right below the video) is a link and share buttons that you can use to share this webpage with your friends and family and allow it to tell the story about our film for you. Here's what to do:
- Sign into Facebook and then click the "Like" button above
- Post the link above on Facebook, MySpace, and any other social media site
- Grab the link and send it out in an e-mail to your friends and family asking them to check out this page
- Click on the "Tweet" button, sign into Twitter, and tweet about our film
Thanks in advance for your help.
Support this project
- (30 days)