- “Beautifully drawn and hilarious.” ~ Tom Racine, Tall Tale Radio
“…the strip is superb, combining clear, charming cartooning and funny writing with lovingly rendered details and excellent lettering in a way that I haven’t seen since Walt Kelly’s ‘Pogo.’… I love it dearly.” ~ Todd Klein
- “I love The Middle Age. Genuinely funny, and wonderfully illustrated. ...it’s all super smart and fun.” - Joshua Dysart
“The Middle Age is one of the consistently best looking webcomics I’ve seen out there.” ~ Mike Norton
- "...this is a fun comic." ~ Fleen
Hi! My name is Steve Conley and I'm the creator of The Middle Age, a fantasy webcomic following the adventures of a middle-aged knight. The story launched in 2016 and has been lucky enough to receive 'Best Webcomic' nominations in both the San Diego Comic-Con International's Eisner Awards and the Baltimore Comic-Con's Ringo Awards!
This Kickstarter is to create a large (7.5x9.25 inches), full-color, hardcover collection of the first three (now four!) chapters of the story.
Sir Quimp of Grawlix is an older knight who is stuck with a sarcastic, cursed sword and is on an against-all-odds quest to rescue his love from dragons. Our hero, is "aided" in his mission by the cursed, talking sword Maledicta, the intoxicated wizard Melvwyn the Magnificent, two baby dragons Jarn and Nittles; and Waddlebottom, the Lord of All Ducks. So, it's a love story. And a buddy comedy. And a magic duck epic adventure!
The Middle Age webcomic is free to read online and if you haven't checked it out yet, I hope you will.
Want to support this campaign? Here's a quick guide to the rewards!
- Add $25 for each - Extra signed hardcover copy of The Middle Age: Volume 1
Add $35 for each - Extra signed hardcover copy of The Middle Age: Volume 1 with a stock sketch/doodle of Sir Quimp!
- Add $20 for each - The Middle Age Sir Quimp logo T-Shirt
Add $15 for each - Sir Quimp meets the Woeblade limited-edition enamel pin
- Add $10 for each - The Middle Age Sketchbook: Number One - a 40-page softcover collection of sketches and production art
You can add additional items to your pledge level by simply choosing the item(s) you would like and then following the instructions below to add to your pledge!
To add an add-on to your pledge, follow these steps:
- 1) Press the 'Manage Your Pledge' Button above. If you have not pledged yet, it will say 'Back this Project'.
- 2) Increase your pledge in the 'Pledge Amount' box by the total of the add-ons you want to add.
- 3) After the end of the Kickstarter campaign you will receive a survey that will ask you questions so that you can explain how you would like the add-on money assigned. :)
Thank you so much for checking out this campaign and for helping to make this project possible.
Please don't hesitate to contact me here on Kickstarter, on The Middle Age web site or on social media. I'm happy to answer any questions and I'll be posting regular updates on the project as it progresses.
Risks and challenges
I've created two previous Kickstarter campaigns and both were successful (thanks to everyone who contributed!) and I delivered both. I've published books before and am working from the latest quotes from printers and manufacturers. The art for the story is complete and it's just a matter of seeing if there's enough interest in a hardcover edition and all the extra loot. :)
Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions or suggestions for how I can make this Kickstarter campaign - and the next one - better.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)