In 2015 we launched the original low cost Modifi3D. Since then, we have experienced great success, and it is still popular today, over 3 years after the first Kickstarter backer.
Even though 3D printers are constantly improving they don't always produce perfect parts straight off the bed and all kinds of printing errors can occur. So in response to your feedback and suggestions we have developed the Modifi3D PRO version to satisfy your advanced requirements with additional functions...
Modifi3D PRO is an evolution of the 3D print tool. It is now tougher and has more power. We have added adjustable temperature control with an LCD display. Temperature can now be set up to 450ºC to allow for future potential of new tips and attachments.
The PRO is designed to replace much of the sanding, scraping and snapping to finish off your 3D prints, and comes with 10 interchangeable tips. The new improved tips are stronger than before and provide more functions including the ability to produce countersinks and setting threaded inserts. See the tip section further down this page for the full range.
Modifi3D PRO has retained a light and compact form similar to the original tool. This lightweight form makes it easy to control and very comfortable to use. Below is a list of some Modifi3D PRO features.
- 10 interchangeable tips (with special coating).
- Simple and easy to use.
- Lightweight and compact.
- Rapid heat up to 200ºC in less than 25 seconds. (450ºC max)
- LCD Display
- Adjustable temperature control
- More power (30W)
- Adjustable Standby and Sleep modes
- Basic stand included + downloadable 3D file to print your own stand/tool holder.
- The ideal companion for your 3D printer.
Modifi3D PRO is easy to use and takes away the frustration of finishing 3D prints. Simply plug in and it can be ready to use in 20-25 seconds.
The PRO also has options for standby and sleep modes if not being used (a basic stand is included but we will provide a downloadable 3D file so you can print your own stand/tool holder).
Below are basic instructions (note that these are subject to change in the final version of the product). Full detailed instructions will be provided with your reward.
- Select a tip and thread into the heater cover tube. Leave the heater cover tube and locking nut in place (this is only for rotational adjustment if required).
- Place Modifi3D PRO on the included stand and plug in.
- When connected to power, it will start heating to the last selected temperature. The actual temperature will be shown on the LCD screen.
- To set the temperature press the + / - buttons until the desired temperature is selected.
- After a few seconds the temperature will start to change and the actual temperature will be shown on the LCD display.
- Temperature is adjusted in 1°C increments. To adjust in 10°C increments click the + or - a few times and then hold down.
- If Modifi3D PRO is still for the selected standby time, it will go into standby mode and the temperature will decline to the selected standby temperature. During standby mode, it will go into sleep mode after the selected time.
- When Modifi3D PRO is moved, it will wake and go into working mode automatically and the temperature will rise to the last selected temperature.
- Modifi3D PRO comes with a settings mode that can be used to adjust default standby and sleep times and temperatures.
- Instructions for the settings mode will be provided with your reward along with the full detailed instructions.
- To change tips unplug the DC power and allow the tips to fully cool.
- Unscrew the existing tip from the end of the heater cover tube (leave the heater cover tube and locking nut in place)
- Replace with your selected tip.
- If you wish to rotate the tip, slightly loosen the locking nut and rotate the heater cover tube. Once at the correct angle simply tighten the locking nut.
- Plug in the power supply.
All Modifi3D PRO tips include our special coating to prevent sticking and feature improved strength due to the new constuction.
The kit comes complete with 10 interchangeable tips making it easy to choose the right tool for the job.
- Power: 30W
- Input: 24V DC
LCD Display (Adjustable Temperature Control)
- Temperature Range: 150-450ºC (302-842ºF)
- Handle Size: 29mm x 17mm x 100mm (1.1" x 0.6" x 3.9") excluding tips
- Handle Weight: 30g (1oz) approx.
DC Power Supply (US, EU, UK, AU)
- Cable: 1.5m (59") long to 3.5 x 1.35mm DC plug
After receiving a lot of feedback from the original Modifi3D and getting a vast number of requests for a more powerful, temperature controlled version we started the process of building a Modifi3D PRO towards the end of 2017.
Much of 2018 was spent testing and developing various iterations of design. We have built numerous prototypes in various formats before settling on its final form and function.
We devoted a lot of time to producing high quality tips giving a good selection of functions. These have been treated with our improved coating and have been trialed with numerous print materials.
For just £49 (approx $62 / €54), you can have Modifi3D PRO and the first backers can get Modifi3D PRO at the special £39 (approx $50 / €43) early bird price.
MULTIPLE MODIFI3D PRO -
If you want more than one Modifi3D PRO simply multiply your pledge value by the number you would like to receive.
ADDITIONAL SPARE TIP Packs -
To add extra replacement/spare tips to your reward add £15 for each additional pack you would like to receive. Each tip pack includes a replacement heater cover tube, locking nut and all 10 tips (Knife, Needle, Smoothing, Scoop, Detailing, Large Scoop, Blade, Countersink, Point and Insert Setting).
NOTE: You can edit your existing pledge by clicking the blue “Manage your pledge” button that appears next to your pledge amount.
If you know someone who owns a 3D printer please share our campaign by clicking on the share buttons at the top of this page.
Risks and challenges
We have over 35 years manufacturing and design experience. This is our fourth 3D printing Kickstarter campaign and our second version of Modifi3D. We have never failed to deliver on any project and we have been testing prototypes for months. We have everything in place to start manufacture and do not foresee any issues in production. However, if any issues arise with manufacturing or shipping delays, we will communicate with you promptly.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)