It is the Year 20XX, and you are a Scout at Evolent Summer Camp. In fact, it's the last three days of your summer experience! You find yourself reminiscing about all the friends you’ve made, and all the experiences you’ve had at camp… But have you really had any? You stare blankly at your journal, filled with one single patch: the one you received on the first day for showing up.
Maybe you should step up your Scout game before showing up at graduation with almost nothing.
Scout's Honour is a 3D sandbox adventure focused around narrative experiences. You've managed to not collect any patches during your time at Camp Evolent, so it’s a race against the clock. Will you spend your time collecting patches, or lazing around? Get to know your fellow Scouts. Or not. Explore the surrounding environment. Light stuff on fire. Uncover a malicious camp secret. Every action counts, so get patching or get packing!
We took inspiration from Night in the Woods and Animal Crossing, both being games that touched our hearts. Even though this game started out as a student project, we wish to continue development after graduation. There is a lot that we still have planned, so we hope that you'll tag along for the ride!
- Crafting: Craft items to help you during your adventures!
- Dialogue: Learn about fellow campers by spending time with them!
- Questing: Obtain patches by doing favors!
- Stuck? Check your journal for hints!
- Three-day System: Different activities depending on the time of day
- $1500 Custom Wallpapers! (Unlocked for all Tiers)
- $1750 Sticker Packs released! ($35 Tier and higher gets this on unlock!)
- $2000 Mailed Postcards! ($35 Tier and higher gets this on unlock!)
- $5000 Jump Mechanic Implemented!
- $7000 Enamel Pins ($35 Tier and higher gets this on unlock!)
- $9000 3-4 Additional Music Tracks!
- $10000 Music mini game added!
- $20000 Additional Area: Caverns
- $25000 Additional Patches
- $35000 We establish a full game company! Game will also launch on PS4 + Switch at a later date
- $40000 Modeled Cabin Interiors
Want something specific? You can add rewards to your current tier without changing your pledge! Just add the extra amount and a note during the survey we'll send out. Physical items are currently US-only, sorry about that!
- $7: Art Bible PDF
- $7: Digital OST
- $10: Button Pack (4)
- $30: Kickstarter-exclusive T-Shirt
Scout's Honour is a student thesis. This is our passion project, and one we plan on continuing even after graduation. However, in order for Scout's Honour to grow, we will need to set aside time and resources to bring it to life.
Our estimated release date is June 2019 on Steam, in Early Access, regardless of if the Kickstarter goal is reached.
What the Kickstarter Campaign will allow for us:
- More polished gameplay and additional mechanics
- Additional Character Design, Models and Environments
- Faster Game Release
- Ability to hire additional help
Risks and challenges
We are relatively new to the game development scene, as this is a senior thesis and we are graduating soon. Making games can be daunting, but we are excited to launch this game to the public. We hope that you will stick through with us until the end.
We will be releasing this game with or without Kickstarter around June 2019.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)