How can it be so light?
Weighing only 8.6 Lbs, we had to utilize every inch of the deck.
- As the fundamental material, fiber glass bears most of the weight.
- Bamboo is used in the middle for its toughness and light weight.
- Canadian maple is placed in the middle to increase rigidity.
Using composites creates a unitary deck structure that is light, simple, and strong. Even a child can lift the board easily with one hand.
How can it be so powerful?
As a result of painstaking effort and multiple revisions, we finally developed the most powerful, compact wheel on the market. Even more, we improved the wheel surface to simplify the replacement process.
A good skateboard needs not only high speed, but also excellent grade ability. Instead of short-lived and clumsy belts, we designed planetary gearing with a smaller size and higher reduction ratio, completely hidden inside of the wheel.
Its pure torsional reaction exhibits excellent transmission efficiency. Efficiency loss is kept stable on only 3% per stage.
Why did we design STARY with a deceleration gearbox?
STARY is all about approachability and safety. Our planetary gear-brake mechanism is constructed to help with stability when mounting the board, and to aid with slowing the board down. Stopping on a long-board can be tough in any kind of traffic. STARY will slow the rider down at a brisk pace, and regenerate your batteries at the same time, giving safer, longer range.
- Accurately displays speed modes, battery usage and lets you know in advance of motor overheating or battery issues.
- Unique energy optimization system that only uses 5 ma to backlight the screen.
- OLED self- luminous property provides a clear display both at night and in direct sunlight. Our ultra-small controller weighs only 1 oz and fits perfectly in the palm of your hand. It can also easily tuck into your pocket with your wallet or cell phone. When you turn off the STERY, just hit the power button on the romote. The board will turn off instantly. No need to bend over and get your hands dirty with a board-mounted switch. and night.
Our ultra-small controller weighs only 1 oz and can even be hidden in the hand, it is easy to carry and make you full of mystery. You can always put it in your pocket as you want.
STARY has three modes for slow riding, cruising, and top-speed action.
- Beginner Mode:Learning to ride? Set STARY to Beginner Mode. This will get you up and riding by reucing the top speed and acceleration curve. Top speed in Beginner Mode: 12km/h(7.4mph)
- Cruise Mode:Moving across town with normal traffic? Set STARY to Cruise Mode. In Cuise Mode, the power output is just right for riding at a moderate pace. Furthermore, with Cruise Mode you can go farther! The board can automatically adjust its speed and acceleration to ensure the rider gets the most range out of the board given the current riding conditions. Top speed in Cruise Mode:18km/h(11.2mph)
- Advanced Mode: When you’re ready to take your riding to the next level, our Advanced mode gives the progressing rider more acceleration and top speed. Top speed in Advanced Mode: 30km/h(20mph)
- Length: 934 mm／36.7inch
- Wide: 268 mm／10.8inch
- Thickness: 115mm／4.5inch (board thickest 16.8 mm／0.66inch)
- Weight: 3.9 kg／8.6 lbs
- Maximum speed: 30 km/h ／ 18.6 mph
- Range: Up to 16 km／10 mile (depending on the load and stability)
- Battery type: Lithium polymer battery
- Brake type: Electronic Brake
- Motor power: 1350 W
- Motor torque: 5.1 N/M
- Board material:bamboo + Canadian maple + carbon fiber
Development process pictures
Join us at our Facebook Group
or send us an E-mail:email@example.com
We are almost ready for production. Our Kickstarter funding goal is based on placing orders with our suppliers to build a minimum of 100 Stary Boards, having our molds manufactured for a large-scale production of the fundamental material decks.
Kickstarter is the only place in the world where you can buy a Stary Board. Pre-order today helps us reach those last crucial milestones. In return, you will be one of the first to get your Stary Board and be an early adopter of this awesome electric vehicle. For this, we really cannot thank you enough!
Stary is an electric skateboard, it is not like a normal skateboard. It is a different riding feeling, so you should first get used to this new feeling before you speed up. Always wear a helmet and your personal protective gear in case anything happens. Do not ride the board out of your skills and care about your environment.
Laws and regulations regarding electric vehicles, and electric skateboards, vary by country, state, county, and municipality, so please check the local legal status of this product before you ride it.
Risks and challenges
The Stary Electric Skateboard is an advanced product and getting into full scale production is never easy. Thankfully we've are working with amazing suppliers and component manufacturers to make it happen.
Some of our electronic components may have longer lead time than we foresee. We will be placing orders with our suppliers immediately after the Kickstarter campaign ends. We already have a back up supplier/manufacturer selected for almost every long lead time component of the board.
Battery and Electronic certification can sometimes be very quick or some times much longer if designs need to have slight modifications. We will be collaborating with certification testing laboratories to make this processes as smooth as possible.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)