All content shown is still in a very early alpha stage. The sprites are going through a complete improved art redesign as of Sep. 25, 2015
You are an intelligent and practical nineteen-year old girl, in your first year of attending one of the best universities in Japan. A few years ago, your mother married a wealthy business owner. You plan to study hard and take his business over one day. Life can be tough at times, but it isn't complicated.
That is, until your mother takes you to her ancestral home. It's there that you learn of the supernatural world when she performs a ritual on you. You learn that you are not human, but actually a rare type of being called a homunculus. You were created in your mother's image to serve as a transfer for her curse of immortality. And apparently, her ancient and potent sorceress powers.
After your magical powers are awakened, you learn through a series of events that not only does your university hold courses for supernatural students, but that many of your classmates aren’t even human. Through your new mystical classes, you're informed about a threat to you that requires you to team up with a partner until you can get your powers under control.
Along the way, you'll both learn to hone your powers as you fight intense battles. But as the semester wears on, you'll also become closer as classmates - and maybe even lovers.
You've never needed anyone. But at the end of it all, there might just be one person you want.
(MC name will be changeable)
- Interactive story. You choose what you say!
- Five characters to experience romance with.
- Multiple endings. Choose three different ways to end the main story with your guy: Mystic, Passionate, and Dark ends. The Mystical end will focus on an epic, adventurous ending, the Passionate end will focus on spending time with your guy and the Shadow end will focus on a darker end for you and your guy.
- Hours of content. Every main story will feature 3-4 hours of gameplay.
- Original soundtrack
- Episodic Content. We plan to do sequels and to have more than one season! There will also be substories, like Episode 0 character back stories.
- Available on mobile devices and possibility of Steam (if Greenlit)
- Free Prologue + first chapter!
- Possibility of a MC whose personality develops based on your choices (dependent on funding)
- Possibility of a MC with customizable skin tone (dependent on funding)
- More features (like voice acting) to be added depending on funding
Our storytelling objective is to be on the level of popular otome developers. But we're also going to put a spin on those same common shoujo and otome tropes. Our main character herself is meant to be a a contrast, as she is a more realistic, strong protagonist who believes in herself.
We want our readers to relate with the struggles each character goes through, and to find important and useful lessons in our themes. We want you to feel pleasantly surprised at a plot twist, excited when there's a battle, laugh when you see how a common otome scenario doesn't play out in the real world, cry as you watch a character struggle, and smile when you see how two people can fall in love despite adversity.
Our story is grounded in realism but the fantasy element takes it to new heights. In the world of Mystic Destinies, all myths are real, so you never know what - or who - will appear. With its fantasy and action scenes, MD: SOA is also an excellent segue for gamers looking to get into visual novels or readers to get into games. If you're looking for something different, give us a chance. We hope you'll love it.
Star Maiden Games is a new start-up visual novel company that has a mission of making high quality, compelling games that bust genres and the usual tropes. We are team of young women who have a passion for both creating and visual novels. We have started our own business to use our talents to the fullest. Our core creative team consists of the following:
- XChieu "Gessoyouknow" - Art Direction. Our art director has a BFA Degree in Drawing/Illustration and creative experience.
- Ajané "Xel" - Editor, Writer, Graphic Art. Years of writing experience with a professional background in games journalism, she has been endorsed for her editing skills by BioWare's Sr Editor.
- Egle "Anna": Lead Creative Writer. The one we all go to for ideas, this experienced writer had her short story "Fallen" published in Ink (2012)
- Steven B. - Music Composer. Steven has composed for several other projects and has a Bachelor's of Art with a distinction in Music.
We are also being assisted by the talented Laynesis (Background Artist) and Kryhs (Social Media Coordinator/Marketing). Our hopes are to get this project off the ground and make many visual novels with our team.
We have included links to our past works in the hopes that you will get to know our work.
In order to get the programming to Android and iOS and keep it updated, we need to hire a programmer. We also need funds to hire a GUI artist and to help with paying other start-up and business costs such as software. We'd also love to help pay our talent.
We'd like to add stretch goals for more features, such as voice acting, more endings, a personalized MC that gains a pre-determined personality through your actions, and generally bringing the quality of the game up even further.
Risks and challenges
The team is very talented and all have experience in what they do, so risks are lessened.
The biggest challenge we'll face is getting over the hurdle to get the game to actually be coded into a form that iOS and both Android could use, and getting it for sale on both Google Play and the App Market. We plan to work with an experienced programmer from before the game is even complete to ensure we do things the right way, every step of the way.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (35 days)