You can choose an reward level that gives you a chance to be get a digital OR signed, print edition of my special edition Vincent Price Presents book from BlueWater Productions; receive the ORIGINAL zombie caricature illustrations of the celebrities featured prominently on the cover of my book; receive ORIGINAL sketch cover comics by me; and even be drawn INTO my book as an extra, a cameo, a star or even the VILLAIN! I will even show you the cover-to-cover pages from the story so you can see which character each incentive level matches up with (*Spoiler Alert*).
- $2000 Project Funded - UNLOCKED!
- $2500 Potlatch Infestation - all backers $5 and up receive a PDF of the Potlatch Infestation book - UNLOCKED!
- $3000 ORIGINAL ART - all backers $10 and up receive an original signed ink illustration from the book - UNLOCKED!
- $4000 The Wang - all backers $5 and up receive a PDF of the critically-acclaimed The Wang: The BIG One - UNLOCKED!
- $4500 The Wang II - all backers $5 and up receive a PDF of the ALSO critically-acclaimed The Wang: Who's Your Daddy?*
- $5000 The Wang OMNIBUS - all backers $5 and up receive a PDF of The Wang: Erection Year.*
- More to come!
- *These rewards will be delivered if I am able to get a backer for our last STAR level reward for the Flight Attendant character AND a backer for the original Vincent Price art from the cover, regardless of our funding number.
Here are also some things you can add onto your choice of reward to help push us to our next stretch goal reward:
- Limited edition print of one of one of the celebrity zombies: $15.00 US
- All 15 prints: $100.00 US
- A commissioned zombie caricature of you or a loved one: $40 (b&w) / $50 (spot color) / $60 (full color) per subject (head and torso only). Additional pricing options and pricing for multi-subject can be found at http://stanyan.me/caricatures/zombicatures/ (Keep in mind that adding this may increase time required to deliver your reward).
- A custom sketch cover for My Little Pony #13, illustrated by me (finished covers shown below - quantities limited): $50 ($100 for custom commissions)
- A custom sketch cover for The Walking Dead #115, illustrated by me (finished covers shown below - quantities limited): $100 ($200 for custom commissions)
- Have me come draw caricatures of you and your family and friends at a party!: $100 per hour, minimum of 2 hours. (You must provide travel and lodging if outside of the Denver metro area).
Add a limited-edition print to your selected reward for $15 a piece (indicate which one(s)) or $100 for all 15, or see the reward levels for the original art:
(WARNING: SPOILERS! Match up the red, numbered figures with backer reward character numbers. Keep in mind, these pages are subject to change (to make them better)):
(Only originals available, so subject to availability)
About me and this project:
I've been doing zombie caricatures for 9 years at comic book conventions and events, and it's become quite a thing, as you can imagine. It was great! I was actually covering my event and travel costs and making money. Sadly, it was cannibalizing my comic book sales, most of which were geek culture, slice of life books that had little to nothing to do with zombies.
So, in order for me to try capitalize on my growing zombie fan base and regrow my dwindling reader fan base, challenged myself to write a zombie comic book, the book that eventually was illustrated by Daniel Crosier and published by Bluewater Productions. The story? It was a story about me drawing zombie caricatures of folks at a comic convention. Since people that I was drawing kind of became a part of the story, I decided that each zombie caricature would come with this very meta book.
After a few years, I started to feel a little weird giving folks that I had drawn a book that I DIDN'T draw. So, after talking to Dan and Bluewater, with their blessing, I am now drawing the next edition of this book, a book YOU could have me draw you in! I can draw you in several different ways: as a background EXTRA, a larger speaking CAMEO (there's only 7 of these), a STARRING ROLE (there's only 3: the cab driver, the flight attendant, or the guy with diarrhea), or you can even be the VILLIAN! (which appears in the book about 2 dozen times AND on the cover and basically gets all of the incentives everyone else gets, including prints of all of the celebrity zombies pictured on the cover!)
My low initial goal is just $2000, which goes to cover the printing of the first 500 copies of this book, the shipping and estimated campaign and transaction fees. Actually, I think that'll leave me $108 short of my costs, but I'm determined to make this go. In addition, if we exceed our goal, I have some great stretch goals planned for each stretch goal we pass, so make sure to spread the word: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Share this on Facebook, Reddit, Twitter or wherever you socialize. I will make it worth your while!
Risks and challenges
At this point, I've pretty much completed all of the art for the book -- interiors and exteriors. I just need to draw YOU into the book! As soon as this campaign ends, I will start inserting all of the undrawn characters and background extras.
Keep in mind that the estimate I have set for date of delivery is very generous. I hope to have the remainder of the comic book drawn, printed and ready to delivery months earlier so long as I don't have delays related to required backer photos being e-mailed to me promptly (I will contact these backers directly with pose requests); unforseen technology difficulties; intervening freelance work deadlines; and/or unexpected illnesses or other unforeseen family issues.
At that point, I will send the page files to the printer, so it'll depend on the turnaround with them. So, I don't plan on this being one of those campaigns you forgot you contributed to and years have passed before you receive anything. We'll be talking 3-4 months barring aforementioned circumstances (or if you commissioned a zombie caricature with your purchase and you're not in the book).
I will keep everyone posted on the progress of completion and reward deliveries along the way.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)