StandOUT Magazine - Celebrating Canadians.
StandOUT Magazine - Celebrating Canadians.
STANDOUT Magazine is committed to discovering extraordinary Canadians nationwide and giving them a voice by sharing their story.
STANDOUT Magazine is committed to discovering extraordinary Canadians nationwide and giving them a voice by sharing their story. Read more
Over the past year we have developed and refined our company, StandOUT Publications, into a multimedia platform aimed at delivering honest and inspirational stories about extraordinary Canadians to all of Canada.
We are a monthly digital/print-on-demand magazine hoping to provide our readers with positive stories that showcase Canadians and the diversity that exists within our country. Each issue is designed around a theme which will not only include the relevant stories, but also highlight the imagery and landscapes of Canada in a way that makes our magazine aesthetically beautiful.
Our monthly digital/print-on-demand magazine is filled with light, positive, and inspiring stories to help combat the negative media emerging in our news today.
We are committed to uncovering the stories of extraordinary Canadians and sharing them with the rest of Canada by using our platform. We offer fantastic subscription prices for our readers with full access to digital content – including mobile devices, iPads, laptops, desktops, etc. If desired, print copies can be ordered and delivered straight to your mailbox.
Our intended market falls into the age range of Late Millennials and Generation X. StandOUT Publications guarantees that every magazine will be complete with positive and inspirational Canadian stories for readers who want an alternative to reading negative news.
We standOUT from our digital and print competitors by offering both of these forms of media in order to provide for a larger audience. Our magazine is not dominated by advertisements and we carefully select the stories that are honest and inspiring.
We would like to offer select feature stories to the public for free with a link to our subscription system attached. One reader will receive a monthly ‘secret’ link in their email to flip through the whole 36 page issue.
We are seeking a $25,000.00 investment to fund our publication production – including but not limited to: printing, website maintenance, marketing, and salaries.
Our magazine defines what it means to be Canadian and embraces the stories of the true north. We are proud. We are Canadian – strong and free.
While we are working hard on building this Canadian brand, we have great plans for this Kickstarter project as stated below:
- Our services provide a variety of prices to allow Canadians to be able to read extraordinary stories from ordinary Canadians.
- We aim to target individuals who use their digital devices to communicate and to work. When users need a quick read, they will have access to our "featured stories" on our website or access to our secret flipping monthly links.
- We offer prints for people who love reading hard copies therefore, readers will have a choice of digital subscription or a print subscription to be delivered to their door or mailbox.
- News and media are in need for more positive and inspiring news to read in the mornings on the way to work or before bed at night.
- We want to expand the brand on a global scale in order to put Canadians on the map.
- We believe it is time to change the overwhelming oppression of negative news in today's society.
- We release "special edition issues" in between some monthly issues as a surprise for our readers.
- We offer docu-series clip for our readers every few months. The docu-series is our film platform to share what goes on behind the scenes of our magazine production.
Risks and challenges
The challenges for this project are:
- While we release a new 36 page issue every month either in print-on-demand (currently) and digitally, we are working on printing bulk and distributing prints from our office to around the world. We understand the risks of our prints being distributed while relying on distributor companies such as the weather, transportation issues etc...so we decided to do all the mailing and shipping ourselves from our own office.
- If a client does not receive a print by 3-4 weeks, we will send another
- Internet can be unreliable sometimes but our office has a back up Internet incase the first one fails before launch
- Finding the right stories can be a hunt, but our team has connections and we are have access to new people and network constantly
- We know that reading digital can be difficult for some readers so we are making sure we continue to improve our digital products which most users can be satisfied with (font size, etc…)
- We have released 6 issues since April 2017 and we are still growing. We believe that our publication can serve Canadians and the rest of the world with a new positive change in the news lifestyle.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)