Post Launch Update #1
Helloooo Carmafans! Nobby here, with news that the latest update for Carmageddon: Reincarnation is available NOW.
Yes, it’s been a while since launch, and in the weeks since then the team has been working flat out to improve the game’s performance and deal with the issues reported by our community. The update goes LIVE on Steam TODAY and I’ve got a heads-up for you of what it’s got to offer.
The techies have been beavering away, and we’ve been diligently testing the results of their labours. So without further ado, here’s the average results that we’re seeing by testing the Career Mode in normal gameplay conditions:
20-25% increase across the board on 720p, standard settings
25-30% increase across the board on 1080p, standard settings
25-30% increase across the board on 720p, standard settings
20-25% increase across the board on 1080p, standard settings
Note that these gains have come from a whole lot of general optimisations and bug fixes. Work is continuing on fundamental changes/improvements to our core engine tech, and the very significant performance benefits of these changes will be seen in future updates.
The performance improvements above combined with significant changes to the underlying MP code means that multiplayer is now far more stable.
There have been over 350 bugs fixes since launch. Some notable examples:
- We identified and fixed over 25 separate crashes
- Optimised car damage physics
- Optimised our general physics code (various improvements, including significantly reducing slow down during extreme pinball with multiple objects)
- The default install resolution will now use your desktop for fresh installs (except for low end PC users)
- Fixed significant rendering issues for Crossfire & SLI users
- Removed the Windows 7 requirement for Windows update KB2670838
- We identified and fixed several bugs that caused significant stuttering/stalling on some PCs
- Multiplayer desync and network interruption issues
For a full list of updates please view our patch notes list on Steam.
We are continuing to work on improvements in a number of key areas, including the long-awaited faster level loading times and further significant performance improvements. So, we’ll continue to roll out updates over the course of the coming months, and more details of dates and what to expect will follow. We will also have updated news on the scheduling of the Mac & Linux versions of Carmageddon: Reincarnation.
Plans are being finalised for posting out physical rewards, and more news on this will follow very soon.
That’s all the update news for now folks. We look forward to getting your feedback on Steam and Carmageddon.com forums, and as ever, please report any bugs or issues here.
Hang on to Yer Helmets!