Thinnest automatic handcrafted Italian luxury watches
Thinnest automatic handcrafted Italian luxury watches
Thinnest auto watch on Kickstarter under 10mm. Designed in Italy. We couldn't find a watch that described us so we built it.
Thinnest auto watch on Kickstarter under 10mm. Designed in Italy. We couldn't find a watch that described us so we built it. Read more
The thinnest automatic watch on Kickstarter.
Design - Italian by nature
We found inspiration from our roots and from the air and energy we breathe every day: Italy and its best designers from yesterday and today. Our idea is a timeless design. We believe design is not only about the looks but about the choice of materials, the finishing, the reflection of light, how the watch feels on your wrist.
Another important aspect worth highlighting is the thinness of the watch: we wanted it to be as thin as possible so we selected the best automatic movement that could support such reduced height (only 9.5mm).
Funny enough, a frenchman described best our quest for design perfection:
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." Antoine de Saint-Exupery
You'll have 6 watches to pick from: 1 model, 2 colors, 3 dial styles.
2 color patterns:
- Midnight Fire: it's our matte black finishing of the dial and matching black strap with orange accents for the hours hand and on the strap.
- Snow Pepper: it's our matte white finishing of the dial and matching brown strap with red accents for the hours hand and on the strap.
3 dial styles:
- Essenziale: as essential as it gets. Just one function with no fuss: give time: seconds, minutes, hours.
- Date: same design as Essenziale with the addition of a date window.
- Open Heart: same design as Essenziale revealing a piece of the constantly moving mechanism.
Here's the collection you can pick from
This is the kind of strap you usually find on expensive luxury Swiss brand watches. Why are we so sure of this? Because we have designed and built it with the same suppliers as these big brand names and it's made in the same factories. It's made of organic leather, tanned in Italy using only environment friendly procedures and non-allergic materials.
Depending on the color of the watch you will pick we have 2 straps: one black model with orange accents will ship with Midnight Fire variants, one brown model with red accents will ship with Snow Pepper variants.
The only difference is we're cutting middle-men and huge margins to keep prices fair.
The bespoke travel pouch
Keep your watch safe and clean every time you don't feel the need to wear it. We've gone the extra mile with packaging: with each Paul Cliff automatic watch you will get a bespoke Paul Cliff travel pouch designed specifically for this model.
What you'll get for every watch is a gift box containing the travel pouch with the watch inside.
- Case made of premium Stainless Steel (316L, same material as the premium Apple Watch). It's 40mm wide and 9.5mm thin.
- Clear case-back. Observe the beauty of the mechanical movement.
- Sapphire Glass with anti-reflective coating. The best material around, virtually a scratch-free watch for a lifetime and over. The coating allows clearer visibility through the glass by limiting glare.
- Water resistance up to 5ATM / 50 meters
- Japan made automatic movement with hack mechanism and sweeping seconds hands. When fully recharged you can expect around 40 hours of autonomy. We picked the slimmest movement around allowing both date and open heart styles.
- Screwed-down crown. To ensure superior water resistance.
- Strap handmade in Italy with organic leather, traceable from local tanneries. Water resistant and durable.
- Travel pouch made of PU leather with soft inside lining.
- March 2015: the idea to build our watch transformed into the creation of the Paul Cliff brand.
- June 2015: started development of the Automatic watch
- November 2015: launched our first Quartz watch in our online shop
- January 2016: first prototypes of the Automatic watch were created
- April 2016: design finalized and final prototypes built
- November 2016: launch of our Kickstarter campaign
- January 2017: campaign funded, production starts
- March 2017: factories visits and quality control
- April 2017: shipment to our central facility, final quality check and packaging
- May 2017: the watches ship to your doorstep!
- 50k€ - Easy release pin for the strap (remove and replace the strap with no tools needed), for everybody and forever!
- 100k€ - A new color pattern
- More to be announced!
The initial funding we are asking for will cover the very initial expenses of the project including but not limited to:
Production startup with our production partners in Italy and abroad Buying some of the raw materials for the watch and accessories Flights and trips expenses to visit our production partners while the watches will be produced, and before they ship to you so we ensure everything runs according to plan
Why this project?
My name is Saverio and I'm the co-founder and CEO of Paul Cliff. Everything started about 3 years ago when I left my job to dedicate time to myself and travel around the world. During my journey I met with 3 Italian friends who not only share the same passion for watch I have but most importantly the belief that time is measured in moments, not in minutes.
Risks and challenges
We have a set of fully working prototypes with world class manufacturing partners, and tight project management in place.
There is currently very high demand globally on automatic watch movements, driven by a shortage of supply from big swiss manufacturers. The biggest risk is to not get quantities fast enough to deliver the project on time, or seeing an over-inflated price which we are prepared to pay to meet deadlines.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (47 days)