Frequently Asked Questions
We will e-mail you a link to download a .zip file that contains 320 kbps MP3 files representing your rewards (which depending on your tier may include the Canon A copy, the Canon B copy, and/or a personalized unique copy only you'll ever hear). It will also include the cover art image files.Last updated:
The voice actor hiring process works in stages:
1) Throughout the Kickstarter and then again at the completion of the Kickstarter, everybody is messaging me telling me what voice actors they'd most like to see hired. I am compiling a list.
2) After the Kickstarter has closed, an update warns backers that the window for suggesting me more voice actors is closing!
3) I take the finished list of desired suggestions for voice actors, and present it to all my backers as a poll. Everybody will be able to vote for two of the potentially hundred or more suggestions. I advise everybody use one vote on the single voice actor they will want on their copy the most, and the other as a "that's a cool idea" or "I'd like to hear that on one of the Canon copies" vote.
4) I will narrow down to 9 (plus the three we already have- British, Hindi, South African) from the results of the poll, possibly adjusting results so as to cover more ground- I truly want to have something satisfactory for everybody. (For example, if two of the top 9 are "Man speaking in Russian" and "Woman speaking in Russian", I may choose whichever is the more popular of the two and use the other slot to make room for a whole another language runner-up to be represented).
5) I will find and acquire voice performances meeting people's requests that are up to my standards.
6) I will use a combination of "artistic assessment of which performances are most moving" along with the poll results to determine what the voiceovers used on Canon A & B will be, and export the Canon A & B copies.
7) People receiving a unique copy will get another survey, asking, "Here are the 12 voice performances to choose from- which will you take on your copy?"Last updated:
Yes, "none" will be a choice for your own copy. You're still encouraged to vote in the "voice actor narrowing down" polls so as to influence the fate of Canon A & B, though!Last updated:
FLAC is supported! To get your copy(s) of the album in FLAC instead, please add $3 to your pledge if it is just for the Canon copies ($10 and $19 tier) and $6 if it is for a custom copy too ($55/65/100 tier). Then, during fulfillment, when taking the rewards survey, please specify that the reason for your overpledge was for FLAC. (FLAC copies do not have album art images attached to them like MP3s do, due to technical limitations; you'll still have the arts in the digital assets folder).
Unfortunately I have no plans to do Ogg or 24/96 so at this time. My software works in 24/96 but there is at least one stage in the recording process where everything dithers to 16/44100.
I would not be able to promise that the audio was not dithered to 16/44 at one point between the synthesizer origin and the finished file. I know that given my current synth rig I am unable to maintain 24/96 end-to-end.Last updated:
I use Sonar Producer X3 combined with Reason 8. I have been an ardent user of each for nearly 20 years, owning every version of Sonar since it was Cakewalk 8 and every version of Reason since 1.
I'm really calling on nearly feature in both pieces of software to make this project happen, using every part of the Buffalo (pun intended) so to speak. Of particular importance to this project, though, to be specific, have been the Thor, Viking, Pulsar, MonoPoly, and Rop Papen elements from Reason, and plugins by iZotope (Ozone) and Poise.Last updated:
Email me samples of your work in a message on this Kickstarter, but be advised- the backers of this project are taking the lead on determining who our voice actors, not the artist. Please tell me what category you would fit into so I know how to present you in the list of options, but if nobody is interested in the languages you have to offer, then I'll decline.
I am currently flush with applications for "Neutral Accent American Male" and not considering any more at this time.Last updated:
Don't see the answer to your question? Ask the project creator directly.Ask a question