Help us finish building SproutRobot, a web site that helps people start vegetable gardens by telling them when to plant and sending them seeds Read more
This project's funding goal was not reached on July 10, 2010.
About this project
Everyone can grow a vegetable garden. It's great for the environment, it saves you money, eating fresh fruits and veggies out of the garden is terrifically healthy. Plus, gardening is fun and cuts stress.
We want to make it dead simple for beginners to start gardening. We've spent the last year building Sprout Robot, a web site where you can punch in your zip code and what you want to grow, and the site tells you when to plant and sends you seeds. Unfortunately, we've drained our savings and we have a lot left to do.
We need funding to take the site to the next level. If we reach our funding goal, we can:
- Bring the site to Canada, the UK, and Australia (and eventually the rest of the world)
- Coordinate with master gardeners all over the world to get the best possible gardening info into the site
- Translate the site into Spanish (and eventually other languages)
- Pay our illustrator to finish making easy comic-style gardening instructions for our remaining veggies
- Pay our programmer (Erik) to build Facebook integration, so we can all share our gardens with each other. Think FarmVille, but we're actually growing our own food.
We've started sending seeds and instructions out to folks (check out iyumnewyork's posts to see some of the materials we've already made, and how well her sprouts are growing!) But we're literally down to our last month's savings. We need a little money to keep going and turn this labor of love into a sustainable business.
Thanks for considering us! We are super excited about this project, and we've come a long way. We just need a little help to bridge the gap.
The SproutRobot Team
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (28 days)