Help support local art, music, and dance while helping promote spiritual diversity in Utah. The Utah Buddhist Art Festival features an evening concert and an art display hosted by Salt Lake City's Urgyen Samten Ling Gonpa. The concert includes music and dance, and all visual art is inspired by Buddhism.
The event will be held at The University of Utah's Libby Gardner Concert Hall on Sunday February 17, 2013 with a visual art display at the entrance to Libby Gardner Hall opening at 5:30 PM and concert beginning inside the hall at 7:00 PM. All money raised through kickstarter will be given directly to the artists, musicians, and dancers involved in the festival.
The concert will consist of several music and dance productions including:
1. Classical Indian Traditional Dance from Orissa beginning with Buddhist invocation: performed by Ankita Ray
2. Contemporary Buddhist Piano Duo: composed by Dr. Igor Iachimciuc and performed by Dr. Ning Lu & Dr. Jie Lu
3. Japanese Buddhist Taiko Performance: performed by Ogden Buddhist Taiko Group
4. Original Buddhist Percussion Piece: composed by Josie Twinting
5. Two Traditional Buddhist Nepali Dances: performed by dancers from the Nepalese Association of Utah
6. Mongolian Buddhist Long Song Inspired Contemporary Piece: composed by James Guymon
7. Original Tibetan Buddhist Piano Duo: -composed by Kagan Breitenbach and performed by Dr. Ning Lu & Dr. Jie Lu
8. Traditional Buddhist Wat Dhammagunaran Dance from Thailand:- performed by dancers from Layton Buddhist Temple
Support this project
- (59 days)