Welcome to the Splintered Light Miniatures 28mm Lesser Goblin Horde Kickstarter. Sculpted a few years ago by Bob Olley, these goblins were initially intended for 15mm gaming. In using them, we realized that in terms of heft and thickness, they really feel more like 28mm figures. The hope of this Kickstarter is to raise money to retool the molds and get packs better suited for 28mm gaming needs. We also have several sculpts that have not yet seen the light of day that need to go into production molds.
About the Lesser Goblin Horde
The Lesser Goblin Horde is a set of 38 unique metal 28mm scale miniatures sculpted by the amazing Bob Olley. Each set contains Heroes, Spellcasters, Warriors, Spears, Fox Clan Warriors, Weasel Clan Slingers, Bat Clan Assassins and Archers.
That comes out to 38 28mm scale figures for a $40 pledge!
Below is a picture of the Horde
A Closer Look at the Lesser Goblin Horde
Each Lesser Goblin Miniatures stands 15-16mm tall and was sculpted by Bob Olley. They all come with an attached metal base so you can base them however you like.
Each Horde includes 3 Heroes and 2 Spellcasters
Each Horde also includes 12 Warriors with various hand weapons
Each Horde also includes 8 Warriors with spears
Each Horde also includes 4 Archers with bows
Each Horde also includes 3 Fox Clan Warriors
Each Horde also includes 3 Weasel Clan Slingers
Each Horde also includes 3 Bat Clan Assassins
Here are some size comparisons with some 28mm humans.
More about the Pledges:
- $1 An Offering to the Horde-- Thanks for for your offering to the Lesser Goblin Horde!
- $12 Raiding Party!-- This pledge includes 6 Random Lesser Goblin Horde Miniatures. This is a good option if you just want to dip your toe in the water.
- $40 The Goblin Horde!--This pack contains all 38 metal Lesser Goblin Horde Miniatures. Start your Horde today! Eligible for all stretch goals achieved. This is 38 unique poses of lesser goblin miniatures! Eligible for any stretch goals achieved
- $75 The Mighty Goblin Horde!--This pack contains 72 metal Lesser Goblin Miniatures (2 sets of the Horde)! If you need a swarm of goblins to fight your adventurers, this is the pack for you! Eligible for any Stretch goals achieved.
- $200 The Lesser Goblin Horde All-In-- includes the 38 Horde miniatures plus 1 of each add-on set. Eligible for all stretch goals. This pledge includes
1 Horde (38 infantry figures)
1 Mounted Heroes Set (5 mounted figures)
1 Giant Weasel Cavalry Set (12 mounted figures)
1 Fox Cavalry Set (12 mounted figures)
1 Giant Bat Cavalry Set (6 mounted figures)
1 Weres Set (6 Weres)
1 Foxtaurs Set (4 Foxtaurs)
1 Hill Trolls Set (4 Hill Trolls)
You can read more about these different sets below
If we reach our funding goal, stretch goals will open up for backers. The following stretch goals are based on us reaching a particular sales goal. As we reach these goals, the Figure will be added to the pledge levels that qualify. Here are the goals
- Fox Clan Hero @ $500 **UNLOCKED**
- Weasel Clan Hero @1000 **UNLOCKED**
- Bat Clan Hero @ 1500 **UNLOCKED**
- Bat Clan Wizard @ $2000 **UNLOCKED**
- Cockatrice @ $2500 **UNLOCKED**
- Basilisk @ $3000 **UNLOCKED**
* Goblin Savage @ $3500 **UNLOCKED**
* Goblin Shaman @ $4000 **UNLOCKED**
* Goblin Spear Spear @ $4500 **UNLOCKED**
* Greater Goblin Sword @ $5000 (Locked)
* Greater Goblin Axe @ $5500 (Locked)
And now for even more: ADD-ONS
To add an optional Add-on, click "manage my Pledge" in the top right corner of the Kickstarter page and type the total value of everything you want. For example, if you are at The Mighty Lesser Goblin Horde ($75) and want to add one $35 pack add-on to your pledge, simply increase your pledge by $35, making your total pledge $110.
Also, if you would like 2 of a pledge level, just add the additional amount as instructed above. Each additional copy of a pledge level will qualify for the unlocked stretch goals.
- $15 Lesser Goblin Mounted Heroes: This pack comes with 2 Giant Weasel Cavalry Heroes, 2 Fox Cavalry Heroes, and 1 Bat Cavalry Hero
- $35 Lesser Goblin Giant Weasel Riders: This pack comes with 3 cavalry command, 3 light cavalry, 3 medium cavalry, and 3 heavy cavalry
- $35 Lesser Goblin Fox Riders: This pack comes with 3 cavalry command, 3 light cavalry, 3 medium cavalry, and 3 heavy cavalry
- $25 Lesser Goblin Bat Riders: This pack comes with 3 light cavalry and 3 heavy cavalry
- $12 Lesser Goblin Were-Beasts: The lesser goblin shamans use their foul magic to transform ordinary goblins into savage were-beasts. The set comes with 6 figures.
- $15 Lesser Goblin Foxtaurs: This set comes with 4 unique poses
- $45 Giant Hill Trolls: This set comes with 4 unique Hill Trolls
- $10 Standard and Musician Set: Please note this will not be included in the $200 all-in pledge since it was initially part of the early bird offer.
Please note the Add-on packs below are not part of the $200 All-In pledge but were added for those who might want additional fodder troops for armies or warbands.
- $40 Additional Horde: This adds on 1 additional horde set.
- $15 Additional set of 12 Warriors with Hand Weapons
- $15 Additional set of 12 Warriors with Spears
- $15 Additional set of 12 Archers
Shipping will be handled after the campaign is finished and product is ready to ship. Unfortunately, since Splintered Light Miniatures is a small company, we do not have distribution channels around the world so we have to ship from our home base. Most every domestic USA order will fit into a small flat rate priority mail box, which at this point in time is roughly $7.50. International orders will fall into two categories (Canada will come in slightly less than this)-- orders 8 ounces or less will cost roughly $14 to ship and orders over 8 ounces will cost roughly $23 to ship. Both of these prices are based on international first class shipping rates. Backers will be sent a Paypal invoice for the cost of shipping once the product is ready to ship, and the cost will be the actual cost of shipping.
Please do not include the shipping in your pledge total.
Risks and challenges
As far as risks go, I am very confident this will be done in the time given. I have been in business for 13 years and working with the moldmaker/caster I use for most of that time. They do great work and since the sculpts and master mold is made, it will just be a matter of getting production molds finished and product shipped. The only real delay might be if the moldmaker is overly busy, but three months should be no problem for getting it done.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (14 days)