Meet the best hand strap on the planet for all flagship brands of mirrorless and lightweight DSLR cameras - the SpiderLight Hand Strap.
Here’s an interesting problem: Our cameras are getting smaller, but our hands aren’t. Figuring out how to best hold your camera has become a challenge for anyone shooting for more than a few minutes at a time. Neck straps are cumbersome and clumsy no matter how you use them, and other hand straps are more trouble than they are worth.
The SpiderLight Hand Strap is an intelligent solution for the challenges posed by carrying today’s smaller cameras. It’s unique shape and ingenious construction make it the first of it’s kind. From the way that it feels in your hand, to the way that it makes you feel when you shoot with it... all the details have been designed make your experience empowering. Now you can take your camera anywhere, from the trail - to the street - to the studio, with a confident, secure, and comfortable grip.
- get your hand in-and-out easily and quickly.
- snug, comfortable fit for any hand size.
- unique shape puts your hand in a perfect shooting position.
- great support and stability when shooting hand-held video.
- easy access to your camera controls.
- works with any tripod.
- super quick to get on and off your camera.
- nice and sturdy. (not flimsy like other straps.)
- includes adapters for compatibility with all leading mirrorless cameras.
- did we mention that it feels great and looks beautiful?
Wait, didn't you guys already make a hand strap?
Yes, you’re thinking of our SpiderPro Hand Strap which was specifically designed for larger, heavier professional DSLR cameras. Our new SpiderLight Hand Strap brings all of the great features of our pro hand strap to the world of mirrorless and other smaller lightweight cameras.
Why do I need a hand strap?
With the support of a hand strap for your mirrorless camera, you have the freedom to comfortably carry your camera, ready to shoot, for long periods of time. That’s great for hiking a trail, taking a photo walk in the city, and shooting from the sidelines at your kid’s soccer game, band concert, or dance recital. It means you can carry your camera securely without a tangling, dangling, cumbersome neck strap. It means you can run fast with your camera, and stop and shoot in a split second. It’s fast, convenient, comfortable and secure.
What’s wrong with existing hand straps?
No one’s really ever loved their hand strap… that is, until now. Other hand straps are flimsy and hard to get your hand in and out of, they’re not comfortable for long periods of time, and they don’t truly support your hand. They also occupy your camera's tripod slot and need to be removed when using a tripod. The SpiderLight Hand Strap solves all those problems with its revolutionary design and ergonomics.
What's special about this hand strap?
Our new SpiderLight Hand Strap is specifically designed for smaller camera bodies like Fuji X-T1, SONY a7’s/7II’s, Olympus OMD to name a few. As good as they are, these cameras DO NOT have enough grip for your hand to hold comfortably for more than a few minutes - until now!
This is the first hand strap designed specifically for mirrorless and small DSLRs.
Our hand strap adapts to smaller/mirrorless camera bodies with a genius solution never conceived before – “smart” adapters that allow your hand to comfortably hold and securely handle your camera.
No more slippery hands, no more fear of dropping your cameras. It is the freedom of taking pictures everywhere, on the go.
How does it attach to my camera?
There are a few easy ways to attach our hand strap to your camera: use your tripod's quick-release plate (we're compatible with all brands), or use a Spider Plate (the thin profile at the end of the hand strap fits right between your plate and your camera body), or simply use the hardware included with our hand strap.
Will there be colors?
Oh yes. We’re including the option for a nice color trim. Available trim colors will be: Red, Copper, Deep Blue, Light Blue, Lilac, and standard Black.
What's it made of?
The outside is crafted from a proprietary nylon-based material that is extremely strong and flexible, allowing it to “remember” the shape of your hand. The inside is lined with a soft quality foam, covered with a velvet skin, making the hand strap super-comfortable and breathable. We wish you could touch it now, you wouldn't want to take your hand out.
We've been hard at work on a few other items that we are excited to announce today as part of our campaign. Check out our reward packages to see how you can snag these items along with your SpiderLight Hand Strap!
The Backpack Adapter
An exciting addition for our Black Widow Holster, the backpack adapter allows you to holster your camera on any cushioned vertical strap backpack or messenger bag strap. A quick snap-in connection securely fastens our Black Widow Holster to your bag's strap with an ergonomic shape designed to work with the body's natural contours.
The SpiderLight Rain Cover
Expanding our Spider Monkey line, this rain cover is specifically sized for mirrorless and small DSLR cameras. Clip it to your belt, and unfurl to protect your gear from the elements any time, anywhere.
The SpiderLight Thin Plate
Get your mirrorless camera from your Black Widow Holster to your tripod in a flash with the aid of our SpiderLight Thin Plate. This new product is a more compact version of our proven Black Widow Thin Plate.
- Specifically designed for mirrorless camera bodies.
- Provides compatibility between your tripod system and Spider Holster.
- Fits between any tripod quick release plate and your camera body.
- Coated stainless steel for durability.
- Easy access to the battery door on most mirrorless bodies.
- Can provide a more streamlined carrying experience for holstering mirrorless cameras with longer lenses.
The Spider Web
An extra peace of mind for first-time camera holster users, our Spider Web is lightweight and tethers your camera to your body for extra security.
- Durable and streamlined design to provide security and peace of mind.
- Ergonomic and adjustable, it allows for a variety of configurations (neck tether or over-the-shoulder sling, etc).
- Quick connection to your camera with full tripod compatibility.
Our company, Spider Camera Holster, is based in upstate New York. We're photographers ourselves, and we design and engineer our products with a photographer's mindset to solve the common problems faced by anyone using a camera - professionals and hobbyists alike.
Some people think we're a big operation, but it's really just a few of us here at Spider HQ working to engineer, test, assemble, and ship out our products to all kinds of photographers around the world.
“I founded Spider based on my need as a professional photographer for a more ergonomic experience when out shooting long assignments. And I will continue to develop products that intelligently solve problems for all photographers, improving our workflows and shooting experience. Our new hand strap is very thoughtfully designed, and we put a lot of effort into making it compatible, comfortable, and secure.” — Shai Eynav, Founder / CEO, Spider Holster
We are particularly proud of the design innovation that went into our new light hand strap. Like our other products, and true to the Spider ethos, the SpiderLight Hand Strap is an intelligent solution to a common problem faced by everyday photographers.
Specifying your hand strap color
It will not be possible to specify your color preference while making your pledge. However, if our project is successfully funded you will receive an email asking what color or colors (if you selected a package with multiple hand straps) you would like.
We have seven excellent ways to customize your reward package!
- 1 SpiderLight Rain Cover - $18 (save $7 off expected retail price) - NEW!
- 1 SpiderLight Hand Strap - $30 (save $10 off expected retail price)
- 2 SpiderLight Hand Straps - $55 (save $25 off expected retail price)
- 1 SpiderLight Thin Plate - $12 (save $4 off expected retail price)
- 1 Black Widow Holster - $35 (save $15 off retail price)
- 1 Backpack Adapter, including detachable pad - $26 (save $9 off expect retail price)
- 1 Spider Web - $18 (save $7 off expected retail price)
★ Free shipping for all of these add-ons! ★
How to add an item to your pledge:
1. Click the "manage your pledge" button on the project’s page. If you have not pledged yet, it will say "back this project."
2. Increase your pledge in the "Pledge Amount" box by the total of the add-ons you want to add.
3. Save your pledge. Do not change the tier that you originally pledged at. When our Kickstarter campaign ends, we will send around a survey for you to choose which add-on you wanted.
Risks and challenges
The SpiderLight Hand Strap has been designed, tested, refined, and is now ready for production. We are confident that your support will allow us to get our new hand strap into production and into your hands this Summer.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (45 days)