Dear Insane Children,
Here's a breakdown of some of the issues (and fixes) we're seeing since posting digital content and sending out physical rewards:
1) $115 tier backers didn't receive Art Books, resulting from bad setup of the BackerKit info for this tier. We will be mailing replacement Art Books to this group in separate packages at end of November. (We've already mailed 50% of these, and are waiting on new books to mail the 2nd half).
2) BluRay discs don't work in all BluRay players - notably the Xbox One (and some PCs). If I had to guess, I would say this has something to do with DRM systems in place on these devices. Said devices probably see "strange Chinese BluRay" and decides to ignore it. Unfortunately, we weren't able to test these discs on all devices before sending them - and it's not feasible that we manufacture and mail replacements. Please accept my apologies for these discs being limited in functionality.
3) Names in credits weren't handled correctly. Owing to an issue with how I pulled data from BackerKit, if you requested a special name in the credits, there's a greater than 50% chance it didn't make it into the credits on disc. Again, apologies for messing up on this.
4) Other miscellaneous problems - if your physical reward was physically damaged on arrival, please CONTACT ME via the Kickstarter message system and let me know.
5) New links to uncompressed files via Mega:
- AO_Opera_16bit.mov - 8.88 GB
- AO-Leviathan-16bit.mov - 17.14 GB
- AOL_Bluray.iso - 3.25 GB
- AOL_DVD.iso - 1.14 GB
6) Torrent links (thanks to Cley):
Download the torrent file (http://cleyfaye.net/share/AliceOtherlands.torrent)
Use the magnet link:
(Please, do not write me asking how to use the torrent links or looking for support if they aren't working. I literally have no idea! You might try commenting to see if Cley or another knowledgeable backer can provide assistance).
Those are all the problems (and some solutions) I'm currently aware of. Again, if you have any other question or problem, please CONTACT ME via the Kickstarter message system and I'll work to get you sorted out.
PS: Please note that if you've not yet received your physical rewards, there's no cause for concern. Most items left China on the 11th of November. Some didn't leave until the 20th. Typical delivery times are 2~6 weeks, depending on where in the world you're located. As such, backers should expect to receive rewards at any time between last week and the end of December (later if you were late in completing your BackerKit update).