It's a big week here at Spicy Horse.
Akaneiro is going through testing for phase 1 of crafting which should launch this week. Exclusive backer items will become available before the weekend. Linux beta testing goes well.
AND WE LAUNCHED A NEW KICKSTARTER!
Set in Oz, American McGee's re-imagining of Oz, OZombie pits the great-great-granddaughter of Dorothy against the Scarecrow, the original brain-hungry zombie. It will feature expansive narrative, role-playing, tactical combat and be available for PC/Mac/Linux and tablets.
We can't wait.
We've been having a wonderfully productive week on Steam! I hope you all are enjoying your keys and Starter Packs. We're enjoying the level of feedback and know that Akaneiro is becoming a better game with each piece of feedback.
A few notes just posted on Steam:
Yesterday, we made a small patch to the Steam Linux Installer: The issue was with the line endings in the script that runs the game. Our version control system had converted the line endings from LF (as required for Linux) to CRLF (as used on Windows) so the script did not execute correctly. Steam will automatically download this update and the game will run.
Any additional problems with Linux, please report to http://support.spicyhorse.com so that our Linux engineer sees them directly.
Later this week or early next week (we have a lot of UI work to do!) we'll be implementing a patch that includes the following new features and bug fixes:
- Chat will be re-opened and functional
- Kickstarter exclusive backer items will be made available
- A significant reduction in the price of cooldowns
- Crafting, Phase 1 - Phase 1 allows you to alter the attributes of your items. Phase 2, due in 3-5 weeks will allow you to level up your items.
- More characters slots - until they are open, you will lose your Starter Pack items if you delete your character.
- A fix for the stutter and framerate lag seen by Steam users. Unbreakable gates will now be breakable.
- Shinigami Scrolls are missing - they are not missing, it is a UI error. A fix will be coming in the future.
- Sound and graphic settings not persisting - a fix will be coming in the future.
- Some enemies leave the map before you can kill them - yes, but they are never the enemies you need to finish a quest.
Yes, you read correctly! Kickstarter exclusive backer items are coming! You'll be receiving keys to BackerKit for your Hooded Cloak, Huntsman's Axe, Signet Ring and Granny Cap. What's more, you'll be receiving two of each item - one for lower levels and one for higher.
Now, something fun! Our $10,000 backers have made it to Shanghai and have been touring the town. Andrew and Deborah have been riding bikes about Shanghai, visiting Buddha and even stopping in at Spicy Horse. We thank them again, for their generous pledge and hope Shanghai has been as accommodating to them, as I found it on my visit.
Till next time!
After last night's announcement the response for Steam keys was... overwhelming to say the least. I just received the keys about an hour ago. Rather than respond to several hundred e-mails individually, we've issued a key to Steam Early Access for every Kickstarter backer.
To obtain your key, please head to BackerKit, sign in with your account and grab your key! Keep in mind, your BackerKit e-mail is the same e-mail you used for Kickstarter. If you can't remember your password, simply request another and you'll be on your way.
- Linux – dual monitors are not supported and may crash your system
- Framerate lag is occurring on some high-end systems. If this occurs, please submit a ticket to http://support.spicyhorse.com
- Some gates are unbreakable. This is not consistent for all players
- If you should delete your first character, you WILL lose your Starter Pack items. Please keep this in mind when creating characters.
When is the next build coming and what does it contain? The next build is due in 7-10 days. It will include fixes to the above issues where appropriate, as well as Area 7 and Phase 1 of Crafting. We will keep you posted.
When do the next Exclusive Kickstarter in-game items arrive? In-game Kickstarter items such as The Granny’s Cap and Akane Signet ring will begin arriving in the next 7-10 days. Backers will receive two of each item; one for lower level play and one for higher level.
If you have any questions beyond the above, please contact us through our support site at http://support.spicyhorse.com or by e-mailing Ophelea at Ophelea@spicyhorse.com.