Interested in languages? This year, you're going to learn Spanish with Spanish Is Your Amigo. Read more
This project's funding goal was not reached on October 12, 2012.
About this project
See a preview of the book here.
Whether you pledge or not, please take a moment to follow Spanish Is Your Amigo below and share with a friend who might benefit. Thanks!
What is Spanish Is Your Amigo?
- Spanish Is Your Amigo is the Spanish textbook you wish you had in school. It starts at the alphabet and works you all the way to the present subjunctive tense. There are 36 chapters in the book. Each chapter has 3 things:
- Only relevant vocabulary, roughly 40 words per chapter
- A straightforward, simplified chapter lesson
- A practice worksheet to test you on what you've learned
It's everything you need and nothing you don't. Use it:
- As a reference guide and review
- To learn Spanish grammar and test out of college credits
- To teach your children Spanish
- To learn Spanish on your own
What are the goals of this Kickstarter project?
-The first draft of the book is complete and is for sale on my website and on Amazon. My first Kickstarter project helped me create this book and I'm extremely proud of it in its current form, but there are things I want to improve. My goals are:
- To hire a professional Spanish textbook editor for Spanish Is Your Amigo (Kristina Rios)
- To e-publish the book for devices like Kindle, Nook, iPad
- To improve the book's formatting (by Cameron Creinin) and cover
- To add illustrations to the chapters (by Maddy)
- To continue to provide FREE Spanish lessons, interviews, and bonus videos on the Spanish Is Your Amigo YouTube channel.
YouTube Video Lessons:
- 36 Spanish lessons corresponding to each chapter of the book.
- Each video is under 5 minutes.
- Currently I am posting videos. Check them out here.
- Every Tuesday & Thursday I post new videos.
- Additional videos: Interviews, bonus videos, cultural videos
Pledge today to see me do these things on my channel:
- If we reach $2000, I will post a video telling jokes in Spanish.
- If we reach $4000, I will post a video teaching you how to make guacamole.
- If we reach $6000, I will post a video reading funny lyrics to sappy Spanish love songs.
- If we reach $8000, I will post a video teaching you how to say phrases that you want to learn. Leave me a comment voting for you favorite phrase.
- If we surpass $8800, I'll be livestreaming at Justin.tv/SpanishIsYourAmigo! Get your Spanish questions ready!
I want YOU to design & decide the cover!
- If you have a great idea for the Spanish Is Your Amigo cover, submit your finished design in pdf format to SpanishIsYourAmigo@gmail.com
- If we receive more than 5 entries before December 31st, 2012, they will be posted at the Facebook Fan page and you will decide the winner by "liking" your favorite.
- Become our Facebook Fan here to have a say in the cover design.
- The winner will receive a hard copy and all digital copies of the book, attendance to the live stream show, their name and website credited in the book, and 5 hour-long personalized Spanish lessons via Skype.
- Cover Specs: Size: 8.5" x 11" (21.59 x 27.94 cm), Spine Width: .707128"
- For detailed cover info, click here.
- Logo is located here.
- Orange background is located here.
- $4000 - Spanish textbook editing (By Kristina Rios)
- $1200 - Book layout design (By Cameron Creinin)
- $800 - Illustrations (By Maddy)
- $875 - Book printing and shipping (100 books)
- $350 - Shipping to backers (100 books domestic)
- $300 - Video camera for YouTube interviews, bonus videos
- $275 - ISBN Numbers & UPC code
- $100 - Kindle format
- $100 - Epub format (Nook and iPad)
- = $8000
- +10% of total ($800 total commission to Kickstarter and Amazon)
- = $8800 Kickstarter Goal
Note: The timeline of this project allows 6 months for completion. This is a rough estimate and the project may be completed sooner.
Another note: As a thank-you, any backers of the original Spanish Is Your Amigo Kickstarter project will automatically receive an hour-long Skype session in addition to their pledge reward. (This applies to all rewards)
¡Un abrazo fuerte! - A big hug to all!
-Tu amiga, Kristen
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (30 days)