Update on SpaceVenture and the upcoming Two Guys Chat Room Session
I promised that this update would include news about the making of SpaceVenture, and here it is!
SpaceVenture is coming along nicely, with Mark and Scott having regular meetings, most recently, meetings in person while at GMX. Below is a list of updates by category.
- We recently hired Tyler Drinkard as senior developer to help over see all programmers for the project.
- The game as we have said during interviews is being development using the Unity engine. We are about to get Unity 4(the most recent version of Unity that just came out)
- Mark Crowe is working directly with programmers to make sure the artwork he is creating works seamlessly in game.
- Chris Pope continues to oversee the project and keep the open line of communications with all project members as a Producer, along with his marketing duties.
- Continued direction of Mark Crowe is being done on all aspects of the game. Every single piece of artwork must be approved by him.
- We also are working with a couple of very seasoned modelers for 3D character creation. The game is still 2D but will contain some 3D characters.
- We still aren't ready to announce who will be scoring SpaceVenture. We will say that we are still in talks with one of the original Sierra composers about the task. Along with some newer blood as well.
- The music that has been pitched for the game so far is extremely epic, and we are really excited about it!
- Mark Crowe and Scott Murphy have the high level story line worked out and are putting in some small details here and there as the programming is coming together
- From one Space Quest fan to another, the story in my opinion is hilarious and holds true to what we all loved about Space Quest, but still will appeal to new generations of adventure gaming fans.
- A female character is being developed that we hope to announce more details about in the near future.
- Don't forget to pledge to the Hero-U Kickstarter! It is by the creators of the Quest for Glory Series, Lori and Corey Cole! Here is 10 reasons why you have no excuse not to!
- The recent podcast in which Chris Pope was interviewed can be found here.
- We will be giving out GoG credits soon. Please be patient.
- Keep an eye out for the December issue of Wired Magazine, we recently did an interview with them.
Mark and Scott are gonna do a private chat room session with backers. Remember that you must be a $150 or over backer to take part in this.
Monday Novemeber 19, 2012 at 6pm Pacific / 9pm Eastern
We are working on another chat time that will work better for people in distance time zones from the US.
On the private backer website at svrewards.com
What if I'm not a high enough backer to get in the chat room?
Go here and upgrade your pledge if you'd like :)
What if I have already pledged $150 or higher and still can't get it?
Email svrewards.com support: email@example.com
Do you love us backers?
Yes, yes we do, you are the wind beneath our astro wings!