Project Progress as of Nov 2017
- Last scenes in the game are still being worked on, but are much closer to completion then they were previously. You will see some of what that entails in this update.
- A tremendous amount of time has been put in on debugging earlier scenes in the game to make things play smoothly and we are happy to report that the majority of bugs are now squashed!
- There are still some cutscenes that are incomplete including the ending to the game that have to be added.
- We are still looking to set an exact date on VO recording and will announce that as soon as possible. We will also announce more info on the voice actors signed on to the project when that time comes.
- We know you all are ready for a release date. We'll have that out as soon as we can. As you can probably imagine, we are hesitate to throw out another release date.
In the above image, you are seeing that Ace has been strapped to a chair and based on what's happening, you can guess that this is not a good thing. In part of the ending sequence, Rooter is the hero. You'll have to control Rooter(not for the first time) to help Ace out of the sticky situation he has found himself in.
Keep in mind, we are purposely not giving you any back story here as to not spoil anything, but clearly Rooter needs to stop the "MEMORY WIPE" that is occurring before it is too late. There is a very unique set of puzzles that have to be solve to take care of saving Ace. Below is a video that will give you guys an idea of a little of what is involved in this scene. This is still a work in progress, so music and SFX have not been added yet.
Throughout the design/building of SpaceVenture, we have been recording footage of it's creation. To compliment the previous video, we thought you guys might want to see a little bit of the behind the scenes footage of how this scene came about. This sequence and puzzle design was the brain child of Mark Crowe. Here is a little footage of Mark talking about his vision for it.
SVREWARDS DIARY ENTRY
For $30 backers and up, log on to the SVRewards website to view a diary entry behind the scenes video of myself(Chris Pope) discussing some of what it took to make the puzzle mechanics work. There is a "forgot password" option on the website but if you have problems logging in, please feel free to email contact @ guysfromandromeda.com. Remember, currently this is only for $30 an up backers. All behind the scenes materials will be released to everyone once the game ships.
Below is another glimpse at one of the final sequences in SpaceVenture. We aren't gonna give any hint of what is going on here as again not to spoil anything. Definitely some fun to be had here at the end of the game for you though!
$150 AND UP BACKERS, THIS IS FOR YOU
This Thursday November 16th, we are gonna have a vote for three items in SpaceVenture. This will involve your 3 favorite villains seen in this image:
And it will also involve the hair style and outfit of one of the other characters in the game. Be on the look out via email so you can vote!
How to vote?
Keep an eye out for a Kickstarter message to come through email. That email will contain a link so that you can vote!
Chris Pope a.k.a your humble local intergalactic SpacePope