*✧ UPDATES ✧*
Reveal #1: Game Grumps DLC!
Reveal #2: The Cast of BSP!
Reveal #3: BANJO-KAZOOIE & MINECRAFT JAMS?!
Reveal #4: YOUR DOG IN BSP?!
Butt Sniffin Pugs is a city-life exploration game for 1-2 players about pugs, butt sniffin', and friendship!
In other words...it’s a game about using “pug powers” to explore daily, creative, and goal-oriented tasks in the unique world of "Central Bark"!
Inspired by games like Animal Crossing, Banjo-Kazooie, and Neko Atsume: Kitty Collector, we want to create an interactive virtual world that all ages can enjoy.
Projected Release: Q1 2018 on Mac, Windows, and PS4
If you don't know what Kickstarter is: you can buy different editions of the game by clicking the tiers on the right side of this page and if we reach our goal, the game will be developed and you will receive everything you ordered at the release of the game!
In case we don't reach our goal, don't worry: you don't have to pay anything!
- Local Cooperative City-Sim Game: Butt Sniffin Pugs is a 1-2 player game like Animal Crossing with local multiplayer only right now but with online multiplayer as a future stretch goal!
- Every Central Bark is Unique: Central Bark is a dense, procedurally-generated world unique to your game. With it's day / night cycle, dynamic music, and various worlds you can be sure that every time you play you'll experience something new!
- Define Your Own Fun: Want to unlock all of Central Bark by solving all the Day, Noon, and Night quests? Want to just mosey around catching bugs and fish to upgrade your treehouse? Want to just talk with the local dogfolk? BSP allows you to progress the way you want to play!
- Pug Fashion - PUG. FASHION. Need we say more? Deck out your pug with the latest and greatest threads with everything from a mustache to a tutu, ugly sweater, or even unicorn onesie. Or maybe deck out your treehouse or park with the latest furniture in stock! With new items available everyday, the possibilities are endless!
As Central Bark flows from day to night, different quests, characters, and events will appear. The interweaving morning, noon, and night quests combined with the other park activities make it so that no matter the hour, Central Bark is always alive with new ways to play!
What's the recipe for Butt Sniffin Pugs? Well, it kinda looks like a nice stack of pancakes...
Having customization rewards emphasize the “just about having fun” philosophy that BSP is all about. This can be unlocked by either:
- Solving Morning, Noon or Night Quests
- Or attaining “Bones” through daily, creative or goal oriented tasks to buy items + upgrades
To purchase an add on, all you have to do is:
- Click “Manage Your Pledge” (or click here).
- Click "Change your pledge"
- Add the costs of the add-ons to your pledge amount without changing your tier...That’s it!
(We'll ask for all the details in the backer survey after the campaign.)
We're honored to have Luke Silas from Anamanaguchi aka KNIFE CITY as our composer and Dave Shumway from Magic Leap as our Sound Designer! Butt Sniffin Pugs will have a dynamic soundtrack that ebbs and flows depending on what time of day it is, where you are in the park, how much progress you've made in an area and more! Listen below for an example of what Central Bark will sound like!
Butt Sniffin Pugs takes place in Central Bark, a giant dog park deep in the heart of New Yorkie City. From to the gorgeous Corgivatory Garden, to the luscious lakeside near Beaglesda Fountain, Central Bark is home to many areas for pugs to explore!
But the park just isn't the same anymore now that the humans are trying to advance their construction into the dog's domain. It's up to the pugs to save Central Bark and help Mayor Griffey out!
Gabe & Michelle Telepak together work as the independent collaborative game studio that is SpaceBeagles. With Gabe serving as Butt Sniffin Pugs' Director he's always running around (no literally he's always running) contributing everything from game design, to art, animation, marketing, while at the same time preparing to be a future dad!
Thankfully he has Michelle. Michelle handles all the icky planning stuff as BSP's Producer handling everything from project management, to finances, partner relationships, event planning...you know, the business stuff. (Somebody's gotta do it!)
Theory Georgiou is the man responsible for making all the pug butts sniffable and everything else as BSP's Lead Developer. He also programmed the entire prototype himself, HOLY BUTTS! Theory will be contributing to BSP's gameplay design and feature planning, as well as developing Central Bark's puzzles, randomly generated layout and animal AI. What if we reach our online stretch goal?...he'll handle that too! GEEZ, is this guy human?
Risks and challenges
Okay, time for some real talk. Making games is hard...and making a game that doesn’t fall short of your expectations or our claims is even harder.
That’s why we waited a year to launch this Kickstarter. We thought about launching this campaign in 2015, but we thought it’d be a better idea to go on a press tour for a year and show you all what we made in person!
We also wanted the opportunity to all work together as a team for a year so that we could have more clarity on what BSP would be. Once 2016 began, we quietly began working on our Kickstarter and developing our game beyond the prototype. In the time we’ve spent building our vertical slice build of BSP, we’ve become very confident in our ability to deliver on this goal.
Thankfully, we have lots of assistance! The AbleGamers Charity has years of research and experience in game accessibility design and on a case-by case basis they've designed countless controllers so that people with disabilities could experience the joy of videogames. They’ll be helping us meet our accessibility goals for both our game and our controller.
And we have our friends at IndieBox and Fangamer! Our friends at IndieBox are professionals at producing all kinds of merch for indie games and will be taking the controller production off of our plate. And thanks to Fangamer, we won’t have to worry about reward fulfillment and can focus on the game instead.
Overall, we believe that with our passion to make an accessible game that's just about just having fun, the support from our fans, and the help from our many friends, we'll be able to give you all the Butt Sniffin Pugs you've dreamed of. ❤Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)