Most watches available in the market today are characterized by at least one these three traits:
- The Watch is Battery-Powered
- The Watch has a three-part case
- The Watch Case shape is either Round, Oval, Tonneau, Rectangle or Square
Our challenge and inspiration was to create a watch that is none of the above.
We wanted to offer a product that is unique, exclusive and atypical in every way.
Look at some of the most extreme designs out there: the F-117 Stealth Bomber, Batman's Tumbler or the Lamborghini Reventon. They share a common feature: they all have curveless or faceted designs.
From Day 1, curves where completely eliminated from our design equation --
Only sharp edges and hard angles remain.
The X-Frame design was taken to another extreme by breaking down each of the main watch Case Components (Watch Bezel, Case Middle, Case Back and Screw Down Crown) into separate parts, then designing those components separately.
- The Watch Bezel alone consists of three parts layered on top of each other. The Bezel components have a 10-sided Decagonal design.
- The Case Middle has five Components including the screw-down crown.
- The Case Back is transparent and also has a 10-sided Decagonal design.
- The Screw Down Crown is designed to resemble a Gear and also ensures water-resistance by sealing it to the Case.
- The Watch is 10ATM/100 Meters Water Resistant.
**Case Components are bolt on assembly
Dial, Hands, Markers and Strap
- Multilayer Dial with a honeycomb pattern in the background, the dial ring has 12 hexagon hour markers.
- Super-Luminous Hands and Hour Markers
The Strap was designed to seamlessly fit into the watch and is attached to the case with four screws.
Sapphire Glass is used on both the Watch and Transparent Case Back
All Eight Watches have a Matte Finish:
1) X-FRAME VULCAN BR, Matte Black Case/Rose Gold Bezel
2) X-FRAME VULCAN RB, Matte Rose Gold Case/Black Bezel
3) X-FRAME VULCAN BB, Matte Black Case/Black Bezel
4) X-FRAME VULCAN SB, Matte Gray Case/Black Bezel
5) X-FRAME VULCAN SS, Matte Gray Case/Gray Bezel
6) X-FRAME VULCAN RS, Matte Rose Gold Case/Gray Bezel
7) X-FRAME VULCAN RR, Matte Rose Gold Case/Rose Gold Bezel
8) X-FRAME VULCAN SR, Matte Gray Case/Rose Gold Bezel
The PTS Resources movement is a Dual Time Self Winding Mechanism, it is a partially transparent design style Movement.
In other words, you get a partial view of what’s going on inside the watch.
A Separate Three-Seven Shaped Seconds Blade is directly placed on top of the Mechanism window.
The extreme geometries in the Design components means that X-Frame cannot be made using the typical open-mold manufacturing process you see in over 95% of watches today.
All parts have to be CNC Machined individually with very accurate precision and zero room for error.
This Method of production is almost exclusive to limited production runs by high-end watch manufacturers.
Measurements and Weight
The Watch alone without packaging is 179 grams or 6.314 ounces.
Please download the 1:1 Scale file by clicking on the image below, print and cut it out to see how it measures on your wrist.
Risks and challenges
We have been working on this Project extensively for well over a year and a half now, our set delivery date is a worst case scenario date, meaning we already accounted for any potential delays.
We are looking forward to communicating and receiving Feedback, We are going to be in close touch with everyone from Day 1, our backers will be well informed of every step along the way.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (36 days)