Welcome back to another Sonnet Update. It has been a very productive week here, and we have a few updates to share. Let's get started!
- We finished the hardware modification on the Sonnet Mesh Module, and we have sent it in to get prototyped. Once it gets back in 2 weeks we will send it to the FCC/CE lab to have it tested again.
- We have updated our delivery timeline to January 22, 2018. This should allow us to completely fulfill everything before the Chinese New Year (February 16, 2018).
- We finished our work on the modem driver. Mesh network is fully functional and stable. Firmware update feature is function but unstable, we expect to have it resolved this weekend.
We finished modifying the 433MHz power amplifier (PA) circuit on the Sonnet Mesh Module that was causing instability, and we sent the updated design to our manufacturing partner to make the new prototypes. The prototypes will take about two weeks to make, after which we will spend a couple days testing them, before sending them to the lab to be tested again.
Updated Delivery Timeline
As a result of delays we experienced, we are a little behind schedule with the delivery of this campaign. However, we are really, really close! We will spend the extra time we have on our hands to perfect the software on the Sonnet and we will also be starting to work on some of the extended features. Based on the current progress, we came up with the following, updated timeline:
- December 1, 2017 - Receive updated prototype of the Sonnet Mesh Module
- December 5, 2017 - Finish testing the Sonnet Mesh Module, load testing firmware and deliver that to testing lab for FCC/CE certification
- December 25, 2017 - Successful FCC/CE certification and begin production (Yes, it's Christmas, but we don't plan on taking a break until everything is delivered. Our manufacturing partners will also be working during this time.)
- January 22, 2018 - Packing & Delivery
Our aim is to have everything delivered before the week of February 12, 2018, which avoids further delays caused by Chinese New Year, which is on February 16, 2018.
This week we finished our work on the modem driver that connects the Linux environment on the Wi-Fi module to the Sonnet Mesh Module, and we did some tests to verify that everything works. Now, Sonnet devices can automatically create, join, and maintain mesh networks without any configuration from the user. Once a Sonnet is a part of the mesh network, it can directly address other Sonnet devices on the network via its IPv6 address. In addition to sending messages between different devices, we have also been able to run conventional protocols such as SSH and FTP across the mesh network.
We have also made some progress on the firmware update system on the Sonnet. The firmware update tool has been successfully compiled to run on the Linux environment of the Wi-Fi module, and we have successfully reflashed the Sonnet Mesh Module with it. However, there are still some bugs with the tool because sometimes the flashing gets stuck half way and needs to be restarted. We think we know where the issue is, and will try to implement a fix for that this weekend.
That's it for now! Thanks everyone!
Mizu Smart Towel | The Softest and Most Durable Towel Ever
Mizu is a cutting edge Bacteria Detecting Towel. As part of a special promotion, Mizu is offering backers of our campaign a bonus hand and gym towel with your pledge. To redeem it, just send them a message with your backer # for our campaign after you back Mizu for $50 or more!
Check them out HERE!
Silvon: A Self-Cleaning Towel for Healthy Living
Lusciously soft towels engineered with pure natural silver to eliminate bacterial growth.
Check it out HERE!