We hope things are going well! It has been a productive (but very jet lagged) week here at Sonnet, and we want to share with you some of our updates. Let's get started!
Software Development Update
In the past week, we spent quite a bit of time examining our current codebase and coming up with a plan to reorganize it. The prototypes were developed in a somewhat disorganized way because we wanted to implement the features as quickly as possible, sacrificing the maintainability of the codebase. However, this kind of development style isn't scalable. As more features get developed, it becomes harder to navigate the codebase and to make additional improvements. As a result, we will spend the next week or so refactoring the current codebase, which essentially means rewriting parts of the software in an more maintainable way and reducing redundant codes so that future development efforts can be more efficient.
In addition, we also came up with a rough software feature roadmap that outlines all the features Sonnet will have, when these features will be available, and the current status of these features.
Software Feature List
Features that will be available when Sonnet starts shipping
- 1-to-1 messages (complete)
- group messages (complete)
- sending image (complete)
- GPS location sharing (complete)
- SOS mode (complete)
- contact list (complete)
- sending voice recording (complete, unstable)
- adding new friends (complete, unstable)
- mesh networking (complete, unstable)
- message encryption (in development)
- LED notification (in development)
- decentralized account system (in development)
- offline maps (in development)
- firmware upgrade (in development)
- iOS native app (in development)
- Android native app (in development)
- search nearby users (to be developed)
- internal/external antenna switch (to be developed)
- push notifications (to be developed)
- message confirmation (to be developed)
- battery level indicator (to be developed)'
- auto frequency/power output adjustment (to be developed)
Features that will be available later as firmware upgrade
- Internet sharing (Q1 2018)
- realtime location streaming (Q1 2018)
- saved RF configuration (Q1 2018)
- advanced configuration - frequency & power output override (Q1 2018)
- topographical map (Q2 2018)
- nautical map (Q2 2018)
- SDK (Q2 2018)
- signal strength indicator (Q2 2018)
- connection/disconnection alarm (Q2 2018)
- FSK modulation (Q2 2018)
- variable bitrate mesh networking (Q3 2018)
That's it for now. Thanks everyone!
FOMO is the first personalized badge-camera in the world. Stick and shot, make you capture the treasured moments anytime anywhere! Compact badge shape, FOMO camera captures amazing new perspectives! Just $39 to capture life in a new way! Also, you’ll get a free STICKER for FOMO because you are a backer of Sonnet. CLICK HERE.
Our friends at HUDWAY are now on Kickstarter with their HUDWAY Cast device — a portable vehicle device that sits on the dash and wirelessly streams your smartphone screen to its head-up display in your line of sight.
HUDWAY Cast takes Waze or Google maps directions in front of your eyes, whereas with HUDWAY Cast app you can see HUDWAY navigation on the HUD and at the same time manage calls, texts and music on your smartphone in a less-distracting way.
Full-pack sets are available for as low as $199.
Ultra-high capacity battery pack with two AC wall outlets and solar charging. CLICK HERE to get a 10% Discount!