About this project
IMPORTANT NOTE: I previously launched this project and had someone reach out to me through the Kickstarter Community who has helped me achieve better pricing through different production methods. I'm really excited to re-launch with the new lower prices so that more people can afford the AirSlab. Also, the new design will now be "full grain" veneer which means each one will be totally unique!
Here's a beautiful swatch of what full grain veneer looks like:
1. Laptops get extremely hot when you are using them.
2. No-one likes sweaty legs or the feeling of their skin melting off.
3. You are risking damaging your logic-board and CPU if your computer runs too hot continually.
I was dissatisfied with the flimsy plastic laptop cooling pad options available, so I set out to design a beautiful, natural alternative. I came up with the AirSlab, which is a highly functional, lightweight, and simple fix to the problem of laptop heat.
What will you use my money be used for?
That is a great question, your money will be used to help scale production costs so that the AirSlab can be affordable.
- wood minimums which must be bought in 4x8 sheets
- wood cutting and manufacturing
- machine time minimums
- cotton bags for corks (also minimums on these)
- hand finishing of each hole and edge as well as oiling the Walnut wood
- cork minimums
The 15" AirSlab Details
-weighs a slight 11oz
-dimensions: 14.5" Wide / 10.25" Deep / 0.25"-0.625" Thick
-fits all generations of 15" Macbooks as well as other notebooks
The 13" AirSlab Details
-weighs a mere 7oz
-dimensions: 13" Wide / 9.5" Deep / 0.25"-0.625" Thick
-fits all generations of 13" Macbooks, 11" & 13" Macbook Air and other notebooks
15" AirSlab and 15" Macbook Air
15" AirSlab with cork risers
Typing with 15" AirSlab
Detail of cork riser
Detail of laser etched AirSlab logo
15" and 13" AirSlab prototypes
4 hand stamped cork risers and cotton bag
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (30 days)