About this project
ENDS TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT!!!
A comic book AND an album? Say what!?
You heard it right! Red Hot Rebellion II is a full-length comic book AND music album. Both go together like peas and carrots. Like peanut butter and jelly. Like Batman and Robin. Like Marshall amps and rock ‘n’ roll!
In our first self-titled album, we released a comic book where each single page of the book went along with each single song on the album. It has been super popular with music fans, collectors, and the comic con crowds. So, we decided to expand on the concept and create a more expansive story-telling universe. The music, the lyrics, the story, and the art are all inextricably linked together in one super awesome visual and audio experience.
You will love it because of:
- The innovative concept! This is a full length, 28-page comic book AND 13-song album. The comic and album are two parts of the same story.
- The great art! Amazing pencils by Scrap/Seven Sisters artist, Chris Martin. Colors by IDW colorist, Julie Wright.
- The fun story! For fans of Rock & Rule, Heavy Metal, This Is Spinal Tap, and Metalocalypse, this is a fast-paced, high-stakes adventure with a side of humor.
- The amazing music! 13 high energy tracks of pure rock fury! Whether you call it arena rock, punked up metal or metalish punk, it's 13 explosive megatons of rock 'n' roll!
What's it all about?
In all the universe, only a handful of sentient worlds create music, let alone the most evolved form of music: rock ‘n’ roll. Earth was on track to be admitted into the Galactic Union, but somewhere along the line its rock ‘n’ roll turned weak. RED HOT REBELLION, the second best band in the galaxy, has been sent to Earth in order to steer humanity back on its proper path. But it looks like they've hit a few snags...
Progress so far:
- At the launch of this campaign, we have ten songs in various stages of production (see album teaser below to hear three completely finished songs). The remaining three songs need to be recorded and we need to mix and master the whole album. Piece of cake! We're professionals, eh.
- The script is written and the comic is current being penciled and colored (sketches and colored pages below). You can check out the script here.
- There is still much to do and this Kickstarter campaign will fund the remaining recording, art, and production costs. (Making cool stuff is expensive!)
We've teamed up with this rad comic studio:
And this rad music studio:
Feast your eyes on some page previews:
Dig on some concept sketches:
Listen to an album teaser!
Check out these amazing BACKER REWARDS:
You will, of course, be getting the brand spanking new comic book and album, RED HOT REBELLION II, in digital or physical format. And, we'll sign anything you want signed. Just ask!
If we raise $10,000 we will be adding super awesome colored vinyl LPs to the backer rewards. Our first album was transparent red vinyl. This one will be something even MORE badass!
Check out some live videos:
Check out some music videos:
These rad businesses have backed Red Hot Rebellion. Show them some love!
Risks and challenges
If we experience any setbacks in the completion of the comic book and album, we will let you all know ASAP. We feel very confident and driven to deliver this project. Your support ensures it.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (27 days)