Super Dungeon Explore is a combat board game inspired by classic hack-and-slash video games. But that is only the beginning. Super Dungeon is also built upon a deep love for classic Japanese roleplaying games (JRPGs), adventure games, and traditional pencil-and-paper tabletop games. Super Dungeon Legends draws its inspiration from these well loved genres to allow players to craft their own stories in the world of Crystalia.
The goal of this Kickstarter is to fund several exciting Super Dungeon products, with gorgeous new miniatures, designed for new players and veterans alike. Super Dungeon Explore: 2nd Edition provides core rules and a budget friendly entry point to begin your adventures. Super Dungeon Legends provides all the tools you need to create your own adventures, roleplay, and tell epic stories about your Heroes. The Midnight Tower, Frostbyte Ravagers, and Crown Guard expansions provide you with more Heroes, bosses, monsters, and treasure to expand your playing options and provide new challenges to overcome.
Super Dungeon Explore: 2nd Edition provides you with a new and affordable entry point to begin playing games of Super Dungeon. Two complete game modes—Classic and Arcade—allow you to play either cooperatively as the Heroes against an automated dungeon; or adventurously with a game master controlling the monsters.
- Rulebooks: Classic Mode, Arcade Mode
- 4 Double-sided Dungeon Tiles
- 12 Super Dungeon Dice: 2 Emerald, 4 Ruby, 6 Sapphire
- 9 Hero Models: Glimmerdusk Ranger, Ember Mage, Royal Paladin, Riftling Rogue, Hexcast Sorceress, Hearthsworn Fighter, Claw Tribe Barbarian, Deeproot Druid, Angry Bear (Shapeshift)
- Starfire the Ruby Dragon Dungeon Boss Model
- Kobold Ogre Mini-Boss Model
- 7 Drake Monster Models: Egg Clutch Spawning Point, 2 Wyrmlings, 2 Whelps, 2 Hatchlings
- 13 Kobold Monster Models: 2 Kobold Warren Spawning Points, Dragon Priest, 2 Ironscales, 2 Slingers, 3 Gougers, 3 Knuckleheads
- 100+ Game Cards: Heroes, Classic Monsters, Arcade Monsters, Loot Deck, Treasure Deck, Explore Deck, Arcade Command Deck
- Tons of Tokens
Super Dungeon Legends is a campaign and roleplaying expansion for Super Dungeon Explore. In Legends, Heroes brave a series of adventures as part of an overall narrative campaign. Between adventures, Heroes spend crystals they have earned from their exploits to unlock new skills and abilities or to craft bizarre and powerful artifacts. Legends introduces new and more powerful battle dice and deep tomes of information about the races, realms, organizations, and—of course—monsters that populate Crystalia.
Legends not only provides the tools to build your own adventures, it also comes with two campaigns, each consisting of multiple adventures and an exciting story for your Heroes to take part in. Soda Pop Miniatures will continue to release adventures and campaigns, so you'll never run out of places to explore.
- Hero Handbook: The complete guide for advancing your Heroes between adventures, including guild creation rules, and roleplaying tips to make a unique party of Heroes all your own!
- Consul's Grimoire: Learn how to create unique adventures, enhanced monsters, and craft a story all your own in the world of Crystalia! Includes two complete premade campaigns—The Dragon Horn and Rotten Wood—each with multiple adventures to begin playing right away.
- Explorer's Guide: Begin your exploration of the Super Dungeon universe with this packed world guide! This tome details the history, geography, monsters, and key locations of every realm in Crystalia. It also provides detailed information on the world's history, Heroic races, religions, and organizations.
- 6 Super Dungeon Dice: 3 Citrine and 3 Amethyst.
- Golden Eye of the Goddess
- 6 Corridor and 4 Side Room Dungeon Tiles: Mix and match these 4x8 square and 6x6 square dungeon tiles with your existing collection of tiles to create increased variety in your dungeon layouts.
- Hundreds of Tokens: Crystals, Objectives, NPCs, and other all new tokens help enhance the experience and provide more options for adventure!
- 500+ Cards, Including: Scheme Deck, Monster Upgrade Deck, Shop Deck, B-Class Skill Deck, A-Class Skill Deck, S-Class Skill Deck, X-Class Skill Deck, XS-Class Skill Deck.
- 5 Hero Dashboards: Laminated Hero Dashboards help you organize your cards during the game and record important vital statistics about your models.
The Frostbyte Ravagers warband box brings the unparalleled brutality of the orcs to Super Dungeon for the first time! Rampaging through the Frostbyte Reach, the savage hordes have spilled out into Crystalia. Combining potent offense and a hardy resilience, the orcs are driven into further frenzy by the ferocious Rage Fiend Mini-Boss. Standing in their way is the Lightning Mage, whose crackling bolts arc through multiple foes with a single blast.
- Lightning Mage Hero Model
- Rage Fiend Mini-Boss Model
- 14 Orc Monster Models: 2 Skull Stone Spawning Points, 4 Neck Splitters, 4 Face Beaters, 4 Knuckle Smashers
- Game Cards: Hero, Classic Monsters, Arcade Monsters, Treasure Card
The Crown Guard warband represents the doughty men and women who join their local village militias, town watches, or regional military. Devoted to combined arms and defense, the Crown Guard can protect weaker monsters around them, shielding them from attacks. Occasionally, the Crown Guard are even forced to maintain the peace against rambunctious Heroes, or—in more dire situations—turn to the service of the Dark Consul. While orcs are ferocious, they are not unintelligent, and the Crook-Eye Tracker has recognized the threat of the Dark Consul, lending his considerable survival and hunting skills to the good of the land.
- Crook-Eye Tracker Hero Model
- Royal Knight Mini-Boss Model
- 14 Crown Guard Monster Models: 2 Watchtower Spawning Points, 2 Sergeant-at-Arms, 4 Longbowmen, 4 Swordsmen, 4 Pikemen
- Game Cards: Hero, Classic Monsters, Arcade Monsters, Treasure Card
The Midnight Tower level expansion reveals the dreaded armies of The Midnight Queen. Armies of baroque-armored Nether Elves issue forth from the corrupted Tower of the Goddess. Within their ranks, cursed Spider Speakers summon scuttling hordes of spiders, spinning webs of shadow and poisoning their foes. Alongside them march powerful Knights of the Tower on spectral steeds, while Tower Stalkers lurk in the shadows weakening the mightiest Heroes, before their fellows strike the final blow. Three new Heroes take up the call to adventure: the rugged Hearthsworn Tincan, sneaky Cat Burglar, and brutal Riftling Warrior.
- 3 Hero Models: Hearthsworn Tincan, Cat Burglar, Riftling Warrior
- Midnight Queen Dungeon Boss Model
- Daemonus Construct Model
- Knight of the Tower Mini-Boss Model
- 8 Spider Monster Models: Spider Nest Spawning Point, Nether Elf Spider Speaker, 3 Crawlers, 3 Shadow Spinners
- 14 Nether Elf Monster Models: 2 Shadow Tower Spawning Points, 2 Tower Stalker, 4 Tower Blackblades, 6 Tower Arbalists
- Game Cards: Heroes, Classic Monsters, Arcade Monsters, 6 Treasure Cards, 12 Explore Cards
Super Dungeon is going digital! Super Dungeon Legends Digital provides you with the complete rules to play games of Legends using your existing Super Dungeon Explore game pieces in digital format.
- Core Legends Rulebooks: Hero Handbook, Consul's Grimoire, Explorer's Guide
- Hero Journal: Print out the Hero Journal and use it to record your Hero's vital statistics and progress as they advance, as an alternative to cards.
- Skill Compendium: The skill compendium compiles all of the skills, upgrades, and shop cards into one easy to use reference.
- Digital Conversion Guide: This guide walks you through the modifications necessary to play games of Legends before your physical components arrive, including dice conversion charts, and how to use the Skill Compendium and Hero Journal.
Going digital means early access for your Legends content. There will be no need to wait for your physical rewards to start playing!
All backers will be invited to participate in the Super Dungeon Legends beta. Backers who pledge during the campaign will gain access to an exclusive backers' forum to provide feedback during the beta and help shape the future of Super Dungeon Legends!
Then, beginning with Super Dungeon Legends Digital, backers will receive download codes to digital content as soon as it is completed. After the initial release of Super Dungeon Legends Digital, we will release digital adventures and campaigns that use existing Super Dungeon physical content, so that you can begin playing as soon as possible. After the physical components of this Kickstarter ship to backers, the digital content we release will focus on these new components.
All of the digital content is included by pledging on this Kickstarter. Our goal is have you playing Legends as soon as possible and throughout all of 2016!
The Explorer and Legendary pledges are the perfect entry point for new players. Each one includes everything you need to play Super Dungeon. The Dark Consul pledge is designed for veterans and requires a copy of Super Dungeon Explore: 2nd Edition or The Forgotten King.
To get optional purchases, just add the cost to your pledge. After the campaign we will verify what items you want through our store based pledge manager.
As our pledge total increases, Candy will move deeper into the dungeon, revealing new stretch goals for us to unlock. Each time we reach a target dollar value, a stretch goal will unlock, awarding new riches for the backers!
An adventure a day keeps the Consul away! One new adventure will be unlocked every day. Most of the adventures are for your Heroes and will be digital downloads for you and your gaming group to enjoy. However, several adventures are up to the backers to accomplish. The community needs to complete the adventure to earn the reward. Once all of the adventures are unlocked, qualifying pledges will receive an incredible 21 FREE rewards just for backing!
The Dark Consul has created spawning points throughout the dungeon that unleash hordes of monsters to ravage Crystalia. Players assume the role of mighty Heroes who journey through the dungeon and destroy all of the spawning points. When they destroy a spawning point, a powerful mini-boss appears. The Heroes seek to defeat the hordes of monsters to earn loot, treasure, and valuable princess coins. Once the last spawning point is destroyed, the dungeon boss spawns and an epic battle for the fate of Crystalia begins!
There are two game modes included in Super Dungeon Explore: Classic Mode and Arcade Mode.
In Classic Mode, one player assumes the role of the Dark Consul. As the Dark Consul, the player controls all of the monsters in the dungeon, pitting their wits against the Heroes'. Classic Mode is perfect for players who enjoy having a dungeon that has all of the cunning and intelligence of a human opponent. Classic Mode is also ideal if you want to have full control over the game experience. A human Consul can judiciously use the monsters to keep the dungeon at a difficulty that suits the skill-level and enhances the fun of all the players.
In Arcade Mode, all players assume control of a Hero. The Dark Consul is automated through the use of unique arcade monster cards and command cards. Arcade Mode is a fully cooperative dungeon experience, that is ideal for players who love to work together to overcome challenges.
Please Note: These rules will undergo a moderate revision and update for their inclusion in Super Dungeon Explore: Second Edition. For those who do not pledge for Second Edition (and those who do), the revised rulebooks will be available for free download at www.sodapopminiatures.com.
Legends provides rules to add narrative meaning to your games of Super Dungeon Explore, and to link them together to tell an overarching story. While the focus of Legends remains upon using miniatures to explore dungeons and defeat monsters, players are encouraged to tell the story of what occurs between adventures. Haggling with cranky shopkeepers, bartering with the local thieves guild for rare potion ingredients, solving a sage’s riddle, convincing a kobold cult to leave town, or just enjoying a quiet night at the local pub can all be rewarding experiences in themselves.
To play Legends you must have a copy of Super Dungeon Explore, either The Forgotten King box set or the 2nd Edition box set available in this Kickstarter.
Legends may be played using either Classic Mode or Arcade mode. Using Classic Mode allows players to take full advantage of Legends' narrative and roleplaying structure. Using Arcade Mode, players utilize premade adventures, such as those included in the Legends Consul's Grimoire and any digital adventures that we unlock during the Kickstarter campaign.
Adventures are the heart and soul of Legends. An adventure can be a single normal game of Super Dungeon Explore, played straight out of the box. An adventure can also be a premade encounter designed by Soda Pop Miniatures, or a homemade narrative experience designed by your Consul. Adventures can also be linked to form a campaign.
Adventures take 45 minutes – 3 hours to complete, so it is always best to choose a time when players can sit down and enjoy an evening playing Super Dungeon. Plenty of delicious snacks and tasty fizzy beverages are highly recommended!
Each adventure consists of the following components: Story, Objective, Monsters, Setup, Special Rules, Victory, and Rewards. These components detail how players set up an adventure, as well as the goals for both the monsters and the Heroes.
The time between adventures is called downtime. During downtime, Heroes may use loot, treasure, crystals, and other rewards they gained during the adventure to customize their Heroes to fit their own particular play-style and vision for their character. Here are some of the things that occur during downtime.
Award Crystals: Heroes earn amethyst crystals for defeating monsters, overcoming challenges, or roleplaying during an adventure. Additionally, the Consul earns crystals which can be used to purchase new schemes and advance monsters.
Disenchant: In Legends, the party keeps all cards they draw during an adventure in their backpack. All loot and treasure cards the Heroes acquired during the adventure must be disenchanted into their component crafting crystals. This includes both cards that were equipped and cards that remained in the backpack. Loot cards are worth one crystal of the same color as the loot. Treasure cards are worth three crystals of the same color as the treasure.
Crafting: The party may spend crystals to visit the mighty crafter and enchanter, Gregorius Crystalpot the XXIV. Gregorius will take your hard-earned crystals and present you with a wonderful new item. Unfortunately, unless you’re skilled at crafting yourself, you’re never quite sure what you’ll get!
Hero Training: Heroes may spend crystals to train, allowing them to learn new skills, increase their attributes and gain other advancements.
Shopping: Crystalia has an entire industry of shopkeepers who cater to adventuring Heroes, maintaining a rotating stock of unique items. Conversely, there is also a shady network of villains, monsters and other assorted evildoers who cater to the needs of the Dark Consul’s minions. Heroes and the Consul may visit shops to purchase consumable goods, potions, and other one-use items for the next adventure.
Scheme: The Consul may spend crystals to purchase schemes. Schemes are one use cards that represent the various petty plots, dirty tricks, and machinations that monsters may use to defeat the Heroes.
Once the party has completed downtime, they’re ready for the next adventure!
AND MUCH, MUCH MORE!
Kickstarter is not a mere preorder. You are getting in on the ground floor of our vision for the future of Super Dungeon. In addition to receiving an incredible selection of models and gameplay content at a great price, you will get to see the process of Legends' creation—both its ups and downs—beginning with development, through production, until final shipment.
Through it all, we consider communication with our backers of primary importance. In our past campaigns we provided weekly, in-depth updates and never missed even one. We make that same pledge to our Super Dungeon Legends backers. You will know what is happening on the project, every step of the way!
Shipping will be charged after the campaign through our store-based pledge manager, based on the actual cost to ship your pledge and any additional rewards you select.
To help minimize your shipping and customs costs, we will ship rewards to multiple international shipping hubs at our cost. These hubs will then ship all rewards to backers in their region. Currently we have shipping hubs in Boise (USA and rest of the world), Canada, UK, Germany (European Union), Australia, and Hong Kong (Asia Pacific and Oceania, except AU). Depending on your region, this will help reduce or eliminate any additional import duties you will be required to pay.
Our current estimate for shipping costs are listed in the chart below.
Please note that these are ESTIMATES ONLY and may change as we unlock more items or if you purchase additional rewards.
All pledges which are finalized after the pledge manager deadline (i.e. late) will ship from the United States, and will likely incur additional shipping costs and potential delays depending on your location. Packages which were undeliverable due to an incorrect or incomplete address being provided, or failing to notify us in a timely manner of a change of address, will incur additional shipping costs in order to be reshipped. Due to complications with shipping large packages, we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
Please read our Terms and Conditions below for additional shipping information.
Risks and challenges
This is Soda Pop Miniatures & Ninja Division's third Kickstarter. We are very experienced with the production and manufacturing of miniature board games. However, there is always the possibility of delays in any project, including:
If you would like to see how we manage our Kickstarters, we encourage you to visit our successful Ninja All-Stars Kickstarter, which is currently in production.
Refund requests made within 60 days of the campaign’s end are made through Stripe, directly to your credit card, fees included.
Refunds requested after 60 days are made through Paypal only, less Kickstarter and payment processing fees, which we cannot get back.
No refunds are possible if requested eight weeks before the Kickstarter's actual shipping date, since at that point we have already begun packaging pledges.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By pledging on this Kickstarter you acknowledge the following:
1. Items shown during the Kickstarter are prototypes and the final product, including models, look, materials, and other content may vary from those shown while the Kickstarter is active.
2. You must confirm your pledge and pay for shipping charges within eight weeks of our email notification asking you to confirm your pledge. Timely shipment cannot be guaranteed for backers who fail to confirm their pledge and/or fail to pay shipping.
3. It is Soda Pop Miniature's responsibility to ship your rewards to you. It is your responsibility to provide Soda Pop Miniatures with a correct address in a timely manner, and to ensure that the provided address is deliverable by normal methods and standard regional postal services. You accept that the shipping date is only an estimate, and that due to the logistics of worldwide shipping, backers in different countries may receive their rewards sooner than others, or that the product may make it into distribution in your own country or into special promotions before your reward arrives. Further, you agree that you are responsible for import duties or any other duties, taxes, or fees that may be payable to complete delivery of your items.
4. You have read and agree to the shipping details provided in the Shipping Information section.
If you do not accept these terms, please do not pledge and wait for retail release. Thank you for your understanding.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (21 days)