Now that we have your attention, here's a hilarious video we had put together for you to check out...
What's a SoapSox?
SOAPSOX (sōpˈsŏksˌ) noun. : an adorable, deluxe bath aid, used to bathe children, or adults. 1. that which promotes good hygiene by uniquely providing rich lather and entertainment during bath time; 2. broadly: refers to the combination of outer and inner characteristics, and a distinctive design that make one recognizably different from others.
Why choose SoapSox?
- We provide an inexpensive comfort and improve the quality of life without breaking the bank.
- SoapSox eases the challenges of bath time with kids, by facilitating bonding time, and play skill development with your child while you bathe them.
- The fun features of SoapSox make bathing fun, quick, and easy. Simply feed your SoapSox liquid or bar soap, and add water!
- Durability, your SoapSox is built to last, simply use, squeeze, and hang dry. After a bath or two toss in in the laundry, then repeat!
- Take your SoapSox anywhere
Before you know it, your child will be happily bathing himself ... and you may just be able to squeeze in a bath of your own. Perhaps you should pick a SoapSox that you like too! Go ahead... we would love the extra support... and your secret is safe with us!
Our Goal is simple... Make your life easier and more enjoyable.
How did SoapSox come about?
While working with children in a residential treatment facility Ray was told about a child who was scared and hadn’t bathed for a week. While talking to the child, Ray noticed a stuffed animal in his hand and asked him about it. The child indicated that he was afraid, and that he didn’t want to shower because his stuffy would get wet. So, Ray spoke to the child for a while and after getting another stuffed animal, Ray made a few modifications including putting a bar of soap inside. After getting the new stuffed animal to lather, the child got excited and willingly bathed... Thus, the ingenious idea was born!
As parents, we are aware of the potential challenges of bath time. We also recognize that it’s not just one child or family, but a variety of families all across the country who may be experiencing a similar situation. This is why our company has set out a mission to create a product that not only solves a problem, but promotes bonding with you child and the further development of play skills. After creating a few dozen sketches and after a multitude of prototypes, we have developed the perfect solution:
The Design Team & Process:
FYI, you sound kinda crazy when you say out loud "I'm going to design a children's bath aid product". Although my wife didn't say it, I recognized the look on her face. But after a lot of late nights, attorney fees, and empty bank accounts, she knew we were on to something when she saw the images produced by the SoapSox dream team. The design team behind SoapSox is second to none. Every member poured their heart and soul into creating a product the world will soon come to know and love. From the first sketches of the logo and characters renderings, to the final touches on prototypes, product images, websites, and the social media sites you will soon see. Alvin, Brandon, Jenna, Aarin, and Alain & Angela have done it all, and a bit more to get this concept off the ground.
When we first set out with the initial design, we wanted it to be the following:
· To be original yet practical.
· To be functional. We've combined all the best attributes of all our competitive products into one, but we've also added a few improvements on our own.
· To have a unique adorable aesthetics and ownable styling.
· To be sized correctly and maintain the surface area of a traditional wash cloth, while still remaining comfortable enough to hold for both children and adults.
· To not be restricted by the traditional norms of past bath aid designs, but instead to improve and combine all the successful functional properties from all of them into one.
· To be durable enough to withstand the rigors of bathing children and being washed repeatedly.
· To fascinate children and parents alike.
· To be a quality product that is safe and effective, that we could be proud of.
We spent over two years designing and redesigning SoapSox until we felt it captured the true essence of what we envisioned. When constructing SoapSox, we did it with a passion and a purpose. Why make something that we do not believe in and families could not use every day or fall in love with?
Material and Construction:
It took a lot of refining and countless hours of research to decide what the best material for our creations would be. We need it to be durable, withstanding hundreds of washes in the bath and washing machine. But we also wanted to maintain some tradition but with a twist and uniqueness. So, we:
· Used materials that are thoroughly evaluated and tested to comply with the most rigorous standards for children’s products and to exceed the latest safety regulations.
· Used back-stitching at the seams for stronger construction and durability.
· Used anti-microbial sponge for the interior.
· Used terry cloth for a traditional feel and scrubbing power.
The design of SoapSox was kept simple, and, in doing so, this made it easy to finalize construction.
· What does every parent hate? Plastic bath aids that get water stuck inside them after a bath, then over time mold grows. Gross!!!
· Traditional wash clothes are boring and don’t keep the interest of your child.
· Shower puffs build up soap scum and residue. And allow soap to wash off before it is ever used.
· Shower mitts/puppets are from the 1980’s and make your child dependent on you to bath him or her, forever!
· Sea sponges are ridiculously expensive and bleached with harsh chemicals.
SoapSox are inexpensive, adorable bath aids that promote parent and child bonding. The unique SoapSox design keeps your child engaged and creates a fun atmosphere where your child learns to enjoy bath time, and increase independence. After one or two baths, simply toss your SoapSox in the wash for a fresh clean SoapSox.
What we need the money for:
· Securing our intellectual property, copyright, character prototypes and branding development are what we’ve been able to accomplish and fund on our own up to this point. We need Kickstarter's help to go from prototypes to full production and further develop packaging. We are slated to ultimately present SoapSox at the ABC Expo, Las Vegas NV, in mid-October. This event is our platform to get our product out in the market. The money we raise from Kickstarter will help us finish setting up and secure manufacturing for a minimum quantity of characters.
Setting up the production system involves the following:
Final adjustments on the design of the characters.
Conduct safety testing and certifications on prototypes.
Set up tooling for our manufacturing line
Ray Phillips & Alvin Uy are two fathers, who's love for their children, have united them to share a common goal... To create an amazing product that solves a problem, facilitates bonding, or enhances an already great experience.
But if we must get into the details, Ray Phillips is the founder and CEO of SoapSox and has over 13 years experience in the mental health field with an emphasis in child and adolescent behavior management. Ray’s specific experience includes work as Program Director for a residential treatment facility for abused children. Ray also has an extensive background in resource management, service coordination, resource acquisition, and developing/implementing strategic plans.
Alvin Uy is the Co-Founder and Creative Director of SoapSox. He is also the CEO of Insight Creative Group, Inc., a company that specializes in ideation, product design and development, branding, and packaging. Alvin has extensive experience and background working with some of the top brands in the world such as Disney, Mattel, and Hasbro. He has spent over 15 years involvement in design and development of a variety of award-winning consumer products for various categories including Games, Toys, Health, & Beauty.
Risks and challenges
A lot of Kickstarter projects end up getting delayed, so we've worked diligently to establish partnerships with well established manufacturing sources with a long history of producing quality product, and delivering on schedule. Also, based on guidance from our experienced mentors who have produced dozens of new products, we've devised a plan to order a small initial batch then ramp up production slowly and carefully. This smaller earlier batch make it easier to test our manufacturing process, ensure quality control, and keep our promises to you.
Upon successfully reaching our Kickstarter goal, we will:
Place order for manufacturing (manufacturing will take approximately 4 weeks)
Place order for packaging material.
SoapSox returns from production line and will be inspected for quality then shipped (3 weeks).
Package orders and ship them to you! Our supporters.
Lastly, we are ultimately responsible for delivering on schedule the quality product you expect and we will work diligently to do so. Communication is key, so we will always answer questions in a timely manner, be proactive, honest, and forthcoming. We know we couldn't do this without you and we greatly appreciate your support. SoapSox: Who new getting clean could be so fun!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)