Update 38: International Testing
Here are key updates on international testing:
- At this point, all tests for CE compliance are done with the exception of low voltage safety testing. This is required for our manuals, but is generally a test on the batteries and power supplies, so should not have any design implications. Our lab says that will be done in 1-1.5 weeks.
- We are in the process of choosing our partner as part of the WEEE (Waste of Electronics, and Electrical Equipment) directive, required for the CE Mark.
- We’re actively doing an ‘in the field’ test with 1.8GHz mobile phones to check for potential interference. Say hi to Spencer if you’re in Singapore.
- We’re updating our label, manual and packaging designs with final required changes, including all the special markings required for CE Cert - RoHS, WEEE, etc.
- For AU Cert, we are waiting on quotes for a local representative (required for certification), but testing is done.
- As soon as the 1.8GHz field test is done we’re pulling the trigger on manufacturing for CE. Getting a firm date now from our manufacturer, but in most cases this is just a chip swap (excluding the hub, which has a design change and therefore new PCBs). Once we have this date, we’ll post it as a comment to this update.
- We are working to get your contact info from Kickstarter into our Salesforce system. Once that is done, you’ll get the invite to choose the things for your kit.
If you live in a non-CE or AU/NZ country, we’re trying to understand the unique Z-wave frequencies to see what approach we can take to get you kits even sooner. If you are in Chile or Mexico, look for a potential communication soon as that is the same Z-wave frequency as the US.
Lastly, we understand that this has been nearly a year, but we’re not willing to skirt the rules as we intend for our relationship to be permanent. Quite a journey, and we appreciate every step you’ve taken with us. We’re not at the end of the journey by a long shot, and we know the wait will be worth it. We’re down to weeks, not months. Of course if you want us to ship a kit to a US address, simply ask email@example.com and it will happen.
seconds to go
Pledge $10 or moreYou selected
FRIENDS: Are you sure you don't want a SmartThings Package below? Well, at least you'll get status updates and priority access to SmartThings Kits when they are widely available. You'll also get our thanks. Every bit helps!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $99 or moreYou selected
250 backers All gone!
SUPER EARLY BIRD: Get a SmartThings Hub and 3 Things. No monthly fees. This is a great deal, in case you were wondering.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $149 or moreYou selected
1501 backers All gone!
EARLY BIRD: Just missed the Super Early Bird level? This is the next best thing. Get a SmartThings Hub and 3 Things. No monthly fees. Still an amazing deal.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $174 or moreYou selected
2165 backers Limited (85 left of 2250)
EARLY ADOPTER SPECIAL: Get a SmartThings Hub and 3 Things in 2012. All Kickstarters with any SmartThings Pack get free service on their pack forever. $25 OFF Pre-Order pledge.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $199 or moreYou selected
PRE-ORDER: Get a SmartThings Hub and 3 Things in 2012. No monthly fees.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $299 or moreYou selected
500 backers All gone!
DEVELOPER & MAKER KIT: Early Access plus 1 SmartThings Hub, 3 SmartThings, or 2 SmartThing Modules or SmartThings Shields for Arduino. No monthly fees. Software Development Kit (SDK) and Cloud Platform API - everything you need to develop SmartThings-friendly software and integrate your device or app directly with SmartThings. And a whole lot of love!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $323 or moreYou selected
426 backers Limited (74 left of 500)
DOUBLE PACK: Get 2 SmartThings Packs - one more for yourself, one for a gift, or one for your parents. The contents of this new level are EXACTLY the same as the Early Bird and Early Adopter pledges put together. You get 2 times the awesome. Two hubs, 6 things, service is free forever for both packs. To get yours now you need to change your pledge level, just click Manage Your Pledge, change your pledge amount and select the Double Pack reward.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $500 or moreYou selected
234 backers Limited (16 left of 250)
ENTHUSIAST: Let's face it. You're a pretty big deal. 1 SmartThings Hub + 10 Things + no monthly fees AND the opportunity to vote on the next things we create.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $4,001 or moreYou selected
1 backer All gone!
JUST FOR YOU TIER - You know who you are. Make all of our dreams come true!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $10,000 or moreYou selected
PARTNERS: You get a t-shirt! Just kidding. Let's talk.Estimated delivery:
- (30 days)