Update 38: International Testing
Here are key updates on international testing:
- At this point, all tests for CE compliance are done with the exception of low voltage safety testing. This is required for our manuals, but is generally a test on the batteries and power supplies, so should not have any design implications. Our lab says that will be done in 1-1.5 weeks.
- We are in the process of choosing our partner as part of the WEEE (Waste of Electronics, and Electrical Equipment) directive, required for the CE Mark.
- We’re actively doing an ‘in the field’ test with 1.8GHz mobile phones to check for potential interference. Say hi to Spencer if you’re in Singapore.
- We’re updating our label, manual and packaging designs with final required changes, including all the special markings required for CE Cert - RoHS, WEEE, etc.
- For AU Cert, we are waiting on quotes for a local representative (required for certification), but testing is done.
- As soon as the 1.8GHz field test is done we’re pulling the trigger on manufacturing for CE. Getting a firm date now from our manufacturer, but in most cases this is just a chip swap (excluding the hub, which has a design change and therefore new PCBs). Once we have this date, we’ll post it as a comment to this update.
- We are working to get your contact info from Kickstarter into our Salesforce system. Once that is done, you’ll get the invite to choose the things for your kit.
If you live in a non-CE or AU/NZ country, we’re trying to understand the unique Z-wave frequencies to see what approach we can take to get you kits even sooner. If you are in Chile or Mexico, look for a potential communication soon as that is the same Z-wave frequency as the US.
Lastly, we understand that this has been nearly a year, but we’re not willing to skirt the rules as we intend for our relationship to be permanent. Quite a journey, and we appreciate every step you’ve taken with us. We’re not at the end of the journey by a long shot, and we know the wait will be worth it. We’re down to weeks, not months. Of course if you want us to ship a kit to a US address, simply ask firstname.lastname@example.org and it will happen.