About this project
Coping with the death of a loved one is difficult, but denying it is dangerous.
Wake is a powerful and symbolic short film that deals with death and the process of acceptance. The film tells the story of a man trapped in an empty house with the death of a loved one hanging over him. As the denial falls apart, so does the world that he's trapped in.
We've already done the hard work. Now let's take it places.
Wake has already been shot and is now in the final stages of editing. The cast, crew, and early viewers of the film agree it has the potential to be shown at film festivals around the country (and maybe even at a foreign festival or two). However, to get it there we need a few things:
- Festival Submission Fees. Even with earlybird rates, it costs $30-$50 per festival submission.
- Social Advertising. Using tools like facebook advertising and putting together a website for the film can get the exposure we need to make it big.
- Making An Appearance. Networking is everything, and attending festivals is extremely important.
Cast & Crew
- Jared Newman
- John Erskine
- Rebekah Patti
- Austin Smagalski (Writer/Director/Producer)
- Khalil Omer (Producer/Cinematographer)
- Stefan Perez (1st Assistant Director/Production Sound)
- Zachary Overfelt (2nd Assistant Director)
- Julian Brotschi (Production Assistant)
- Gigi D'Elia (Makeup Artist)
- Noah Diamond-Stozman (Editor)
- Kiri Lewallen (Sound Designer)
Donations & Rewards
We appreciate every dollar you donate, so we've come up with some awesome rewards for everyone who donates. Some of the highlights include:
- Original soundtrack download (music by Second Suspense) for donations of $7+
- IMDB credit for donations of $20+
- Full sized theatrical poster signed by writer/director Austin Smagalski for donations of $30+
IF YOU ORDER A POSTER, PLEASE INDICATE WHICH DESIGN YOU WOULD LIKE BY COMMENT OR EMAIL:
If you don't have the means to donate, there are plenty of other things you can do to help!
- Like us on Facebook and share our page
- Show the trailer to everybody you know!
- Share our campaign on Facebook and Twitter
THANK YOU FOR CONSIDERING OUR CAMPAIGN!
Risks and challenges
This film was made on a $600 budget completely out of the director's pocket. This project has been made possible by the incredibly creative team who donated their time to the film. So far, it's all been risk. If we can raise this money, we can get the exposure the film deserves.
Many challenges lie ahead of us, including submission deadlines, competing with other films, etc. We're very excited to meet these challenges!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (31 days)