100% Real Carbon Fiber Playing Cards are Back and have brought a few friends... Kevlar Playing Cards!
Kevlar Playing Cards = BULLETPROOF
Carbon Fiber Playing Cards - Version 2
Carbon Fiber Playing Cards are back and have been improved with a protective coating! - The rewards for this project will be printed in White and Red ink on Black 3k Twill Carbon Fiber. The card images have been sealed under a clear UV coating to prevent scratching or chipping of the card images. This UV coating is what is used on the glass for Iphone screens!
Carbon Fiber Playing Cards $110-$130
- $110 Super Early Bird
- $120 Early Bird
- $130 Later Gator
Kevlar Playing Cards
Kevlar Playing Cards - The rewards for this project will be printed in White & Red ink on Black & Red Kevlar. The card images have been sealed under a clear coating to prevent scratching or chipping of the card images.
Kevlar Playing Cards $135-$155
- $135 Super Early Bird
- $145 Early Bird
- $155 Later Gator
- Red & Black Kevlar
- Blue Kevlar - Unlocked at $50,000
- Red Kevlar - Unlocked at $70,000
How to Order more than One Deck?
You can simply increase your pledge in include another reward level. If you want another Carbon Fiber Deck just add $130 to you pledge. If you want another Kevlar deck then add $155 to your pledge. You will then be able to tell me what extra items you wanted when the BackerKit surveys are sent out after the project ends.
There is also now a convenient $260 level for those who want one Carbon Fiber and one Kevlar deck. Or...... You can wait until the campaign is over and order more decks through BackerKit. I will be using Backerkit to send out surveys to determine if people want Gloss and/or Matte finish. You can also at that time also add additional decks and pay through BackerKit. Please note that Super Early Bird and Early Bird Levels can not be an Add-On. Early Bird Levels are limited.
Carbon Fiber vs Kevlar & How they Shuffle
Carbon Fiber Playing Cards featured on......
- Gigazine - Kickstarter
- Gigazine - Carbon Fiber Playing Card Review
- The Awesomer - Awesome Stuff
- This is Why I'm Broke
What is Carbon Fiber?
- Carbon fiber is a made from very small strands of carbon that is woven into a fabric.
- That fabric is then combined with a resin and placed into a mold to create complex shapes or laid flat to create a sheet.
- This combination of Carbon Fiber fabric and resin creates a composite material with a very high strength to weight ratio.
- It is often described as being stronger than steel yet lighter than aluminum.
- Because of Carbon Fiber's amazing properties it is very popular in Aerospace, Military, and Motorsports. Lots of high end Sports cars use Carbon Fiber parts to reduce the weight of the car without sacrificing strength.
What is Kevlar?
- Kevlar is made of paraphenylenediamine and terephthaloyl chloride.
- This combination creates aramid threads that are dissolved and then spun into regular fibers, which are woven into fabrics
- Kevlar is a synthetic fiber of high tensile strength used especially as a reinforcing agent in the manufacture of protective gear such as helmets and vests.
- Kevlar is lighter than both fiberglass and carbon fiber. It is often used in conjunction with either one to improve the toughness, flexibility, abrasion resistance and most importantly, the impact resistance of the composite part.
FYI - These Cards can be cleaned with Water!
Risks and challenges
Our projected ship date is based on reaching our funding goal. As you have seen a lot of projects can be over funded several times over! Not a bad problem to have unless everyone expects to get their rewards at the exact same time. If this project gets over funded several times over then that could push the start of shipping back by weeks or even months in some cases. Not to mention that it could take a lot longer to ship out orders to all the backers. Larger orders require more time to fulfill. So the biggest challenge I see is simply setting an accurate ship date when there is no way of telling how many rewards there are going to be.
This is not the 1st Carbon Fiber Card project that we have run. Our first project produced 500+ decks of cards. So the process of making them the 1st time was a learning experience and will help reduce the time to make them this 2nd time.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (46 days)