As seen on:
Links to Kickstarter features:
- http://www.adlectic.com/design/surf-with-your-hands-with-slyde-phish-handboard/ http://odditymall.com/slyde-handboards-let-you-surf-with-your-hands
If you are already shredding a Slyde Handboard like the 1000'S of stoked Slyders out there. Then you need no introduction to how much fun Slyd'n is, but you may be wondering what's so different about the Phish?
With round rails and a more narrow build than its “Wedge” model cousin, the Phish is crafted perfectly for exceptional speed down the line and optimal propulsion, and performs best in shore break. The Phish’s expanded polystyrene core increases the board’s lightness, and adds buoyancy to the board, meaning more lift and higher shred capabilities out in the lineup.
The phish rides super smooth and cruisey. The new outline feels amazing and helps you set your line and pull through barrel sections! Great for any rider looking to change things up and feel a new way to handboard. -Willy Cole
Its a different Ride! Once you dial it in it will will take you completely by surprise how Unbelievably awesome the ride is!
The Phish and Wedge model side by side! You can see the distinct difference in outlines. The Wedge inspiration is from the early Shortboard style of the 80's complete with wings and the Phish has a Distinct 70's inspired fish tail and outline with creative licence been given to the rolled hull and super concave to bring it into the handboard sizing
A word from the Groms
Shore break is where the Phish is really fun!!!
If you are New to the whole idea of handboarding you might find it interesting to know Surfers and wave riders have been doing it for decades possibly even centuries. Using all sorts of things to ride waves food tray to pieces of drift wood to us to increase the surface area of the hand while bodysurfing. Learn a little below
Slyde Handboards recaptures your youth, delivering days filled with endless smiles and stoke.
It's true, we're not just here to make Handboards. We're here to revolutionize the way people experience the ocean.
A handboard (also known as a handplane) is a watertoy, innovatively crafted to amplify the bodysurfing experience.
As kids, we would spend the hot South African days during the summer break, dreaming up all sorts of "wave riding" apparatuses from fast food trays to the trusty old flip-flop (yes believe it or not you can surf a wave with a shoe). The lift and extra speed these improvised Handboards provided, were the driving forces that inspired a line of boards to enhance the bodysurfing experience for everyone and the birth Slyde Handboards.
Simple and compact, easily strapped to a single hand, a handboard provides extra buoyancy, lift, and acceleration in the water.
A Slyde Handboard is epic wave riding in the palm of your hand.
What are the Benefits of Riding the Phish
Stylish and design driven. Slyde handboards get you barreled.
“I just took my Slyde out this morning for the first time. It's the most FUN I'VE EVER HAD in the water.” Tiffany J . San Diego, California
“At some point in time, every surfer gets burnt out. Whether it be poor surf for weeks, or just not surfing like you usually do. When you start to get this feeling, grab a slyde board and go have some fun. Get barreled, get pummeled, get sand in your face. It will reinstate your love for the ocean." Nick T . La Jolla, California
The Future of Slyde Handboards
Slyde remains committed to it's oceanic roots, with a solid promise to deliver wave riding perfection.
In 2010 we brought you our 1st shape, the Slyde Wedge woody.
In 2014 we bring you the Slyde Phish guaranteed to get you Hooked On Handboarding!
Like really fast in a sports car on the road, its designed to have that control and hold on a wave. Just pick your line and the phish does the rest and fast! . -Steve Watts
The Shaping of the Slyde Phish
Shaped by a "Shapers Shaper" and master toymaker Donald Brink. "I shape boards that allow people to play in the sea and have fun"
- Money-Back Guarantee: If you decide you don't like your board within the first month of receiving it, you can return it for a full refund, no questions asked.
- We Listen: Our backers have told us they enjoy working with us. We are prompt with addressing any questions or concerns, and value all backer input.
- Our backers have a special place in our hearts: That means you got in there early and supported us. We want to thank you for that by getting you your shiny new handboard before limited traditional distribution begin. We will always be completely honest and transparent with you.
- Because We Need You: We need your help to pay for materials and manufacturing cost for the Phish and we cannot do it without your support.
Kickstarters WE NEED Help from visionaries like you in Spreading The Slyde Stoke!
Kickstarter is the only place to get the revolutionary Slyde Phish, and we want you to be a part our bodysurfing community!
Where Do the Funds Go?
Every single dollar Slyde raises through Kickstarter will be used to fulfill our commitment to spreading smiles and stoke. This includes funding costs associated with handboard molds, tools, materials, and labor.
Become a backer for our new Slyde Phish handboard, click on the green button right next to our video. Choose your pledge amount and your epic reward!
1. The Design Concept for Slyde Handboards was inspired by a fast food tray.
2. Slyde Handboards are made from 100% epoxy for maximum strength
3. Slyde has 13 Team Ryders (Slyders) all over the globe.
4. Slyde handboards was established in 2010 in Venice Beach, California.
5. Slyde supports local artists, we believe that every creative outlet can learn something from the other.
6. We once had a customers so hooked on handboarding, he made a bodysurfing birthday cake.
7. Slyde’s motto is "Slyde Fast, Ryde Hard"
8. Slyde’s team mascot is an Australian Shepard named Cowboy.
9. Steve Watts, founder of Slyde, once caught dengue fever on a surf trip through South East Asia and Indo.
10. The Slyde logo is based on the turn off sign you might see along the N2 coastal highway in South Africa, 9 times out of 10 that sign means good surf.
11. We believe that in the end, it’s all about the smile and the stoke.
THANKS FROM THE TEAM for your support and joining our community of Stoke!
Assorted Image credits go to among others
Morgan Grosskreutz : Website
Song Credit goes to :
Risks and challenges
At Slyde Handboards we take tremendous pride in our product.
We believe that quality workmanship is key.
All of our handboards are uniquely designed with the consumer in mind.
To ensure that only superior products are sent out to consumers,
product delays are possible due to quality control or unforeseen circumstances on the suppliers' end.
We promise to notify you of any delays and keep the lines of communication always open. Our aim is to be as transparent as possible when it comes to our products.
Our strong business partnerships and seamless communication with our suppliers and manufacturers, ensure that we have minimized as much risk as possible with our handboards.
Each of our previous handboards have been a huge success, and we’re confident that this one will far exceed any thing we've seen in the past.
Everything is set up and ready to go! With help from all you Kickstarters, we can get to shaping and you can get to shredding!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (21 days)