Hi everyone, and welcome to the Slugs & Bugs Kickstarter page!
Here's a link to SHARE this page with your friends: http://kck.st/1H60szM
Slugs & Bugs is back, and with your help, we’re going to make Sing the Bible Volume 2!
Back in 2012 my wife and I were homeschooling our kids. My ONE JOB was teaching Bible. Scripture memorization was part of the class, but I could never get the verses to stick with my kids... until I put the Scriptures to music. A simple melody made it easy and fun. That’s when “Sing the Bible” was born.
The next year, thanks to 591 amazing Slugs & Bugs fans, we Kickstarted Sing the Bible Volume 1, and ever since - the response from families has been amazing. Very soon, folks started asking “when are you going to make the next one?” And now we've got an answer.
At the end of July, I'm heading into the studio with producer Ben Shive to record Sing the Bible Volume 2.
Just like the first Sing the Bible, Volume 2 will feature a CD filled with memorable, joyful word-for-word Scripture songs, held together by the artistry and good humor fans have come to expect from Slugs & Bugs. Some of the Scripture verses were suggested by fans, and some are from my personal study, but taken together, they find a common theme in their practical application. You could think of Sing the Bible Volume 2 as a musical handbook for the Christian life.
Volume 1 drew heavily from the music of central and southern Africa. For Volume 2, I’ve been inspired by sounds native to the USA. We’ll feature a few special guests again (including my wife and 3 kids and everyone's favorite vampire), and I’m also focusing on keeping the songs playable and useful for family or corporate worship. Most of these new Scripture songs you can easily play on the guitar or piano, and if we reach our stretch goals we’re even going to provide instructional videos for how to play them!
Just like last time, we’re hoping to raise $40,000. And just like last time, every penny will pay for 6 weeks of studio time with producer Ben Shive, the world class musicians that make Slugs & Bugs music come alive, the mixing and mastering sessions, plus Zach Franzen’s fantastic illustrations, the design and layout of the CD packaging, Kickstarter fees, and - if it’s anything like last time - the cost of printing and shipping thousands of new CDs to you and Kickstarter supporters all over the world!
We know that many of you are here because you believe in the music and mission of Slugs & Bugs. Thank you for finding value in simply helping to bring this music to life. However, if you look closely at the rewards, you will also notice significant discounts available only to Kickstarter supporters. Of course, the important thing will be getting these verses in your heart, and in the hearts of your children and thousands of other families around the world.
If we exceed our goals, we have some “stretch goals" you can read about below, but for now, choose the reward that looks good for your family. And speaking of family, Slugs & Bugs is definitely a family affair. So, from my family to you and yours, THANK YOU! We can't do this without you, but with your help, you'll hear new Scripture songs come to life in Sing the Bible Volume 2!
~ Randall Goodgame, Founder, Slugs & Bugs Family Music
Here are the revamped stretch goals we have planned...
1. If we hit $50k we will host an online concert exclusive to ALL Kickstarter supporters! We'll bring in special guests, laugh and sing and play through many of the new songs, and we'll throw some classic Slugs & Bugs songs in there as well. - AND, we'll produce a brand new Slugs & Bugs animated video!
2. If we reach $55k we'll make ANOTHER brand new Slugs & Bugs animated video!
3. If we hit $60k we have THREE stretch goals planned.
- We will produce a "Sing the Bible" Study Guide / PDF family devotional (free to THE LIGHTNING BUG tier and all higher tiers) available in 2016!
- Sing on the next Slugs & Bugs CD! For THE BUG COLLECTOR tier and all higher tiers! It may be 2016 or 2017, but if you choose to travel to Nashville for the recording session, you can join a choir of families and have your names and voices on our following full-length CD!
- We will produce YET ANOTHER brand new Slugs & Bugs animated video!
4. If we hit $65k we will hire a videographer for a "the making of Sing the Bible" video, with great behind scenes footage of the recording process. We'll make it available to every tier!
4. If we somehow hit $70k, it will jumpstart the creation of (and make free) a Slugs & Bugs App with Scripture Memory Games and sing-along videos and whatever else we can think of - available to everyone in 2016!
Check out the awesome reward packages we are offering!
Risks and challenges
Every human endeavor carries a certain amount of risk. However, this will be our 5th Slugs & Bugs CD and our 3rd Kickstarter campaign. We've been fortunate to avoid breakdowns or debilitating delays so far, and we've always ended with a product that exceeds expectations. That is our hope once again.
Please pray for us! Pray that Ben Shive (my producer) and I will stay healthy and energized, and all the right musical pieces will come together. We are handling God's Word - pray that we live up to the calling we have received with this project.
- (41 days)