Last year, our heroic party of adventurers pledged wand and sword to defend the good people from the vile villains in the Battle for Greyport. Now, to their chagrin, new threats approach the city from the high seas. With its crimson sails, a new party of adventurers sets out aboard the Crimson Drake to meet these evildoers head on in our first expansion: Battle for Greyport - Pirates!
Battle for Greyport - Pirates! will be a brand new expansion to our 2016 hit cooperative deckbuilding game. It expands the game with four new Player Heroes and starting decks, one for each of the dashing privateers from The Red Dragon Inn 4. The base game will include new monsters, mechanics, recruits and scenarios!
2-5 players can team up and fight off these dastardly pirate captains and their host of salty sea dogs. Can you sink their ships and save the day?
BFG:Pirates! introduces many new mechanics and content to the game, as well as new ways to play the original game.
There are four major mechanics in BFG:Pirates!:
- Vision - Players will have access to a powerful new ability: Vision. Vision X allows you to reveal the top X cards of ANY deck in the game, rearrange them and even bury any or all of them on the bottom of their respective deck. This ability is the signature mechanic for our blind navigator Tara, but any hero will be able to pick it up from certain hero and item cards.
- Raider - The monsters are also getting a new ability: Raider. Raider is a simple, but devastating keyword. Each time a monster with Raider X deals any amount of damage to a player, they also deal X damage to the location! Furthermore, as long as there is at least one monster with Raider in the game, the location cannot be saved! Many of the new pirate monsters have Raider.
- Pirate Ships - Pirate Ships are additional win conditions that must be defeated by the players in order to claim victory. In the case of BFG:Pirates these cards are the flagships of our three new bosses!
- Cannon Die - Finally, the game introduces a new low-tier die to the game. The black Cannon Die maxes out at 3 damage, and is critical for sinking pirate ships. It’s a nice small bonus for when your heroes are fighting, but you’ll be glad it’s not any bigger when the monsters and bosses are using it against you!
There are many new decks of cards included in this expansion:
- New Starting Decks - Featuring Captain Whitehawk, First Mate Remy, Tara the Navigator and Bryn the Boatswain.
- Pirate Monster Deck - The 20-card Pirate monster deck flaunts the new Raider keyword and Cannon Die, and is filled to the brim with dirty tricks.
- New Locations - Take the fight to The Docks, The Scurvy Dog and aboard The Crimson Drake!
- New Scenarios - Each scenario features a unique boss and pirate ship, combining the new locations and monsters with the familiar faces from the base game.
- New Reinforcement Cards - Ever wanted to wield a cannon? Now you can! 14 new heroes and 10 new items join the fight!
In addition to all of the new content, we are including revised versions of all errata'd cards as well as a new Drink card for The Red Dragon Inn!
Revised "Interrupted Party" Scenario Cards:
We are including a full production value re-issue of the revised introductory scenario. You can find out more about that scenario on our website, along with the updated rules here.
Baelfire Boss Card Errata:
Unfortunately we caught a bug after we had published the original Battle for Greyport. If you combined the Baelfire scenario with the Goblin monster deck, you could inadvertently destroy a location that was already saved if Baelfire summoned a Mad Bomber. This was a tiny corner case, but with the introduction of the new Raider mechanic, we felt it was neccessary to revise Baelfire himself.
Bonus Drinks for The Red Dragon Inn:
Based on the success of our social stretch goals, we will be adding a couple of new Drink cards that you can shuffle into your RDI Drink Deck! Scroll down to find out more!
Rewards are all shipping from the United States, and include free domestic shipping. Unfortunately, we can only offer reduced and friendly international shipping to Canada.
Each social stretch goal we unlock adds a free Red Dragon Inn Drink card to every copy of Battle for Greyport - Pirates!. If you cannot pledge your support today, you can still share the campaign on Facebook to unlock cool perks.
To unlock these perks, you must Like and Share this post on Facebook.
Reaching our funding goal is not the end! Each additional stretch goal tier we reach will unlocks additional content for all copies of BFG:Pirates!.
Interested in picking up some of our other games? Then head on over to SlugFestGames.com where you can get all of our games right now! Best of all, we are offering free domestic shipping on all orders placed during the campaign!
Risks and challenges
While we are extremely confident in our ability to deliver an excellent product on time, here's a list of things you should know that could possibly go wrong:
1. Development Delay: While the new content is in beta and open playtesting at this point, we may have to crunch it a little longer if a problem or exploit arises. Furthermore, our artists are human and human stuff may come up that knocks them off schedule.
2. Manufacturing Delay: We have worked with our manufacturer for a very long time now. We have a great relationship with them and they work hard to get us our stuff on schedule. However, unforeseen problems can arise!
3. Shipping Delay: Sometimes your stuff just goes missing and we have to print everything all over again. True story: an entire shipping container of our games was stolen back in July of 2012. Yeah, you can't really account for that one.
4. Extraterrestrials could invade and enslave us to their will, and they may not be tabletop gamers.
The good news is that this is not our first rodeo by a LONG shot. We have launched and delivered on multiple campaigns much to the satisfaction of our backers. We have padded our promised delivery date with all of the realistic delays in mind so you can confidently expect your game to arrive by our suggested delivery date.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (28 days)