One is a skilled hunter, the eagle-eyed sniper who never misses a shot. The other is a fearsome werewolf, who is both a formidable villain and a literal party animal.
Presenting: The Red Dragon Inn Allies: Piper vs Ripsnarl!
You've seen these two tangle in Battle for Greyport, our cooperative deckbuilding game, but now they're coming to the tavern to join the party as our 48th and 49th characters for The Red Dragon Inn!
The Red Dragon Inn is a game for 2 or more with each player taking on the role of a heroic adventurer (or sometimes a dastardly villain) in a wild free-for-all party at a fantasy tavern. Brawl, drink and gamble the night away to prove your mettle and be the last player standing at the end of an evening of bad decision making. Will you be able to outplay each of your opponents? Or will you wake up the next morning with a throbbing headache, a bit less gold in your pocket, and a horse awkwardly nudging you out of his stall?
If this is your first time joining us, we suggest you check out our introduction to The Red Dragon Inn. And if you're new to the game, we have two pledge levels just for you: the Newcomer Edition, which includes a copy of the original Red Dragon Inn game, and the Newcomer Collector's Edition, which includes all the fancy swag plus the original Red Dragon Inn game. If you get one of the Newcomer Editions, you will have everything you need for a game of up to six players!
And so, without further, ado...
Here's what you get in the Retail Edition:
In the Collector's Edition, you get several new bits of promo content, including two new Drink Cards, a new Prize Card and a second new Prize "Card" made out of metal! Expect more details about the promo content in a campaign update.
And all of the content for this game is unlocked on day one of the campaign - no need to submit your pledge and then leaving the actual game's contents up to the mercy of the fickle Stretch Goal Deities.
We have some very important information for backers regarding shipping options for the various Pledge Levels. This info is divided into two broad categories of backers:
- Backers from the US: Packages will be shipped from within the US. If you would like additional copies of the game added to your reward, simply over-pledge in $25 or $45 increments for each extra copy of Piper vs. Ripsnarl you want to add to your rewards. You can add any number of additional copies to your rewards and you need only pay shipping once.
- International Backers: Where possible, we will try to use regional shipping options. However, where that is not possible you may be responsible for your country's import duties or fees. Note that this includes Canada. We do not guarantee "friendly" shipping to any country other than the US for this project.
Furthermore, we want to make it absolutely clear that there will be no pledge manager for this campaign. Backers will not have the opportunity to upgrade their pledge level after the end of the campaign and should pledge what they want during the funding period. Backers will receive a survey via Kickstarter to provide their shipping information a few weeks before we begin the fulfillment process. It is the backer's responsibility to fill out this Kickstarter survey in a timely fashion if they want to receive their rewards by our predicted delivery date.
Finally, if you would like to review the SlugFest Games Kickstarter Policy, you can find it on our website here.
As with most of our campaigns, we are not using a post-campaign pledge manager, and we are not offering add-ons. However, if you want to pick up another RDI game to go with the cool stuff in this product, you can head to our web store, where you can pick up any of our products without having to wait for your allies to ship! During the campaign, we are offering free US shipping on all of our games, as well as our fancy metal coin sets. (Sorry, but our other merch still requires shipping charges!)
We've done substantial playtesting on all of the stuff in this product, but if you'd like to try one of the new characters or have a look at some of our upcoming semi-sorta-secret stuff, then you should join the SlugFest Games Digital Play Test Community today! All you need to participate is a microphone for chat over Discord and Tabletop Simulator. We host daily sessions and would love to see you come by and give our stuff a test drive.
Risks and challenges
We pride ourselves in our ability to deliver a quality product on time, and we stand by our track record of doing so. However, here's a list of things you should know that could possibly go wrong:
1. Development Delay: Development on this project is nearly done! The only delay that could come here is if we notice something bad that we didn't see before.
2. Manufacturing Delay: We have a great relationship with our manufacturers and they work hard to get us our stuff on schedule. However, as always, unforeseen problems can arise.
3. Shipping Delay: Sometimes your stuff just goes missing and we have to print everything all over again. True story: an entire shipping container of our games was stolen back in July of 2012. Seriously.
4. Customs Delay: We have no control over the border policies of any country we import games into (including the US). Sometimes games get held up at a border - sometimes for a bafflingly long time.
5. Extraterrestrials could invade and enslave us to their will, and they may not be tabletop gamers.
The good news is that this is not our first rodeo by a LONG shot. We have launched and delivered on multiple campaigns much to the satisfaction of our backers. We have padded our promised delivery date with all of the realistic delays in mind so you can confidently expect your game to arrive by our suggested delivery date.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (21 days)