All the heroes have (finally) turned in for the night, so it's time to kick back with a mug of ale, a fist of dice and pouches lined with adventurers' gold! The Wench joins the party at The Red Dragon Inn and she's bringing the rest of the tavern crew with her!
The Red Dragon Inn 7 is a new, 2-4 player stand-alone expansion to The Red Dragon Inn series of games. In this game, you and up to three of your friends will play as the staff of our beloved tavern, enjoying the night after all the adventuring patrons have passed out in their rooms (or stables). Of course this won't be a quiet night of relaxation! Gamble, brawl and drink the night away as you prove you have what it takes to keep up with the heroes you handle night after night. The Red Dragon Inn 7 can be combined with all of our previous releases, letting you mix up the characters (and the mayhem) for games with four or more players!
If this is your first time joining us, we suggest you check out our introduction to The Red Dragon Inn series of games here:
For those of you returning to us from previous campaigns, we have some exciting news: The Red Dragon Inn 7 campaign is unique in that we are featuring no funding stretch goals. All game content is unlocked from Day 1!
So instead of stretch goals or social media achievements, we're just going to lump all the unlocked stuff into what you can pledge for RIGHT now. Check out the bonus content you're getting for just showing up:
- Instead of unlocking Promo Drink Cards with Social Media Achievements, we're just going to include 2 New Promo Drinks in the rewards for every backer getting a copy of the game!
- Instead of using Funding Goals to unlock them, we're going to include 2 New Drink Coasters and a bunch of New Drinks baseline in all copies of RDI7.
Kickstarter is giving us the opportunity to release multiple variant editions of the game giving long time fans a chance to save some cardboard with our unique ECO editions and uber-fans a swanky collector's edition filled with fun extras.
Shipping: Rewards are all shipping from the United States and Canada. Unfortunately we can only offer reduced shipping to some other international regions. Backers from regions outside of the United States and Canada are responsible for their own customs and import duties.
- Drink Coasters: Last year we introduced some fun new swag to our Organized Play prize pool. Seeing as how this set is intimately tied to our beloved tavern, we decided to come up with two new ones just for this game! The Collector's Edition will include a set of 4 different ones that were previously available through Organized Play.
- Promo Drinks: Our promo drinks have been wildly popular and we've been listening to your feedback. We are including 2 new Kickstarter Promos that will be in all backer rewards. The Collector's Edition will also include 2 new Promo Drinks that will be released later on in 2019 or thereafter for other promotions plus an additional 4 reprints that were never offered on Kickstarter before!
- Metal Turn Marker: Finally, the Collector's Edition Metal Turn Marker will be brand new, thicker and have enamel inlay. All befitting the gravity of the hallmark drink it'll represent: Dragon's Breath Ale!
- ECO Edition: The Eco Edition is a great way to save a little money and enjoy a smaller carbon foot print. This edition comes in a much simpler lower production value box with no plastic insert. This box is designed to get your your game in one piece and be disposed of with as little hassle and impact as possible.
Throughout the campaign we will be revealing each of the new characters joining the party as well as spoiling their mechanics and story. If you would like to get a preview of these characters, you can join our Tabletop Simulator play test group here.
- Molly the Stablehand: Click here to go to the Update!
- Jasper the Bouncer: Click here to go to the Update!
- The Wench: Click here to go to the Update!
- Warthorn Redbeard: Click here to go to the Update!
We want your feedback! If playing unreleased content with SlugFest Games staff sounds like fun, and it is, we would love to have you join our digital playtest group. We meet every day to play Red Dragon Inn on the excellent digital game table Tabletop Simulator. If you would like to join us on Discord and play a few sessions all you need to do is fill out this signup form.
To qualify for our playtest group you will need a copy of Tabletop Simulator and the ability to voice chat on Discord (microphones are neccessary). Our playtest managers host sessions every day and are always excited to welcome newcomers.
Not only will you get to see the new RDI7 characters in action, but you'll also get a chance to play with other upcoming characters and games. We always have something we are tinkering on!
Kickstarter campaigns thrive on your engagement on social media. Follow us to get the inside scoop on upcoming play test event days, convention schedules and other fun announcements. You can follow us at these fine websites:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SlugFestGames/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SlugFestGames
- Boardgame Geek: SlugFest Games Home on Boardgame Geek
As an added bonus, here's a fancy avatar for use as a profile photo:
Interested in picking up some of our other games? Then head on over to SlugFestGames.com where you can get all of our games right now! Best of all, we are offering free domestic shipping on all orders placed during the campaign!
Risks and challenges
While we are extremely confident in our ability to deliver a quality product on time, here's a list of things you should know that could possibly go wrong:
1. Development Delay: While the new content is in beta and open playtesting, we may have to crunch it a little longer if a problem or exploit arises. Furthermore, our artists are human and human stuff may come up that knocks them off schedule.
2. Manufacturing Delay: We have worked with our manufacturer for a very long time now. We have a great relationship with them and they work hard to get us our stuff on schedule. However, unforeseen problems can arise.
3. Shipping Delay: Sometimes your stuff just goes missing and we have to print everything all over again. True story: an entire shipping container of our games was stolen back in July of 2012.
4. Extraterrestrials could invade and enslave us to their will, and they may not be tabletop gamers.
The good news is that this is not our first rodeo by a LONG shot. We have launched and delivered on multiple campaigns much to the satisfaction of our backers. We have padded our promised delivery date with all of the realistic delays in mind so you can confidently expect your game to arrive by our suggested delivery date.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (21 days)