It has been ages since we updated you, but we've been busy! We have two major announcements to share with you, so lets get this show on the road!
New Allies are in Stores Now!
We have been working on two brand new Allies for The Red Dragon Inn. Thanks to you, we've been able to reach deeper into our release schedule than ever before. Your support gave us the chance to release both Cormac the Mighty and Witchdoctor Natyli early last year, leaving space available for two brand new Allies this year. Over the last year RDI4, Cormac and Natyli have all been selling swimmingly, and we are incredibly grateful to you for helping the company keep moving forward.
Brother Bastian was a member of a severe sect devoted to Korash, the god of justice and light. When he learned of an orc masquerading as a paladin of his god, he was furious. But upon meeting her, he realized that this orc was no imposter and that there was more to Korash than he had been taught.
- The Good: Brother Bastian knows many powerful prayers and knows exactly when to use each one.
- The Bad: Unfortunately, because he knows so many prayers, you never know what he’s planning next.
Brother Bastian introduces a new prayer mechanic to the game, letting him make sacrifices to earn powerful card effects! You can find out more about Brother Bastian on our blog post about his mechanics: Playing Brother Bastian.
Ozrik the Adept
After years spent in the pursuit of elemental power during which Ozrik caused a great deal of damage, he realized he had literally burned bridges behind him. Now he travels the world as an adventurer. He’s still causing damage… only now he’s doing it for the right reasons!
- The Good: Ozrik’s phenomenal control of the elements is useful versus undead, monstrous humanoids, and other evil dungeon dwellers.
- The Bad: Side effects for Ozrik’s companions may include spontaneous combustion, static discharge, and clammy hands.
Ozrik literally burns (okay, discards) cards from his hand to get more power! With his technicolor deck, he can harness the elements to do his bidding, and serve up a nasty drink or two! You can find out more about Ozrik the Adept on our blog post about his mechanics: Playing Ozrik the Adept.
The Red Dragon Inn Character Design Contest
Do you have an awesome new game mechanic for The Red Dragon Inn? Maybe a hilarious take on a classic RPG trope or a brilliant story you’d like to share about a new recruit to The Party? Well then let us know and design an awesome RDI character. We just might print it!
Of course, there are some rules and terms:
- Your submission must include a signed Contest Waiver. Any character design submitted without a signed waiver will be immediately deleted.
- Your submission must include a brief description of your character. Who is he/she? What does he/she look like? How does he/she act? Why was he/she invited to join The Party?
- Your submission must include a PDF that we can use to print and test your character. We recommend 2.5 x 3.5 cards, 9 to a page. And if your character uses special rules or mechanics, include a write-up of them.
- Send your signed waiver, description and cards to email@example.com, with the subject line: “RDI Design Contest”.
We will be accepting contest submissions through December 31, 2014 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time. Submissions received after that time will be deleted.
There will be two prize levels:
- Winner(s) will receive $500
- Honorable Mention(s) will receive $250.
So if you’re a budding game designer, or if you’ve had a homebrew character kicking around the table for years, it’s time to show off!