Music: Funky Groove by tortex • http://www.hooksounds.com
You and your friends play members of a gang, trying to complete a series of heists requiring a specific set of skills. Be careful though, one of you may be a Snitch! You win by Snitching at the right time to collect the most loot!
You’ll need to work together to earn money, but to get ahead, you’ll need to go alone. If you are the only one to Snitch, you will gain more money - timing is everything!
Snitch combines social deduction with prisoner's dilemma-style decision making. This is a game with short turns, lots of interaction and plenty of betrayal.
Our limited edition Deluxe version comes with metal coins and card sleeves and will be made available to Informant reward backers.
You start with 3 coins and 10 cards: 7 random thieves and 3 snitches.
Over 8 rounds, you will compete to earn the most loot. Each round, a heist is chosen. To gain loot, you can choose to cooperate with your rivals or betray them.
In each round, one player will set the number of cards required for the heist. This could be anywhere from 2 to the number of players:
After the heist is dealt players then negotiate in an attempt to complete the heist - agreeing who will play what card to match their cards face up on the table. After the discussion each player plays a card face down on the table, which does not have to match the card they agreed to play.
Players simultaneously reveal their cards to see if the cards were matched:
- If the heist was a success: all players who did not snitch receive a payout of 2 coins, as the heist required 2 thieves. Snitches get nothing.
- If the cards don't match, the heist fails. Players who played a snitch card get to steal from the other players. Honest players lose 1 coin each and snitches split the winnings.
If you snitch alone - you steal from every player.
No, the art isn’t actually stolen! We hired an incredible artist from Romania - Cristian Hosu to create all the art for the game. We worked closely together to get the right style for the theme and refine all the details. Here’s a few sneak peeks:
We also demoed Snitch at our booth at UK Games Expo 2018!
We received some fantastic feedback from players there.
“It’s a prisoner dilemma in a card game”
"I could teach this to my kids"
“It’s so fast - you could play this multiple times”
With a Tip-Off, we thank you for helping us get funded!
To get the game, pick Snitch or go for Double-Crosser if you'd like an extra copy as a gift to a friend or play with a larger group. Includes all unlocked stretch goals. Also, your name on our website.
Are you a retailer looking to buy bulk? Check out the Dealer deal and email us to negotiate a package tailored to you. Includes all unlocked stretch goals.
Now, if you'd like something extra and feel like a true criminal, you'll want to play with metal coins!
To get your hands on these, back us as an Informant, exclusive to Kickstarter! You'll get:
- 2x copies of the game; signed by the creators (optional)
- 2x set of custom-designed Metal coins (see below!) to complement the game (will look great in other games too!)
2x Card sleeves for both games
- 6x Original prototype cards
- Your name in the credits section of the rulebook and our website
- Includes all unlocked stretch goals.
And if you're looking for something truly unique, become the one and only Crime Lord!
- Be part of the game! Our talented artist will draw your likeness as an additional character in the game!
- 3x Copies of the game; signed by the creators (optional)
- 3x sets of custom-designed Metal coins (see above)
- 3x Card sleeves
- 6x Original prototype cards
- Your name displayed prominently in the credits section of the rulebook and our website.
- Personal hand-written thank you note
Includes all unlocked stretch goals.
While our goal is quite modest, it's enough for us to make a high quality game. If we exceed the goal, we will invest any extra funds to improve the materials of the game.
- £6500 Fancier cards, printed with even higher quality material
- £7500 Textured box finish: great feel and improved durability!
- £8500 Round leader token (design pending)
You can find us everywhere!
- Slight Games Homepage
- Facebook (SlightGames)
- Instagram (SlightGames)
- Twitter (@SlightGames)
We are also active on Reddit and various boardgame design Discord groups.
Risks and challenges
As first time publishers, we know it will take us time to deliver and that the cost of shipping may be higher than if we were a scale production company.
We hope that you will like the product enough to enjoy the game and get 1-2 copies. We have planned for plenty of time to deliver and we have planned for the shipping. We have playtested the game extensively in 2017-8, made changes to and refined the original idea. We have already sourced the art and paid our talented artist. We have done our research, obtained quotes from multiple manufacturers and fulfilment centres and are confident we can deliver a quality game to you.
If you are in any doubt please don’t hesitate to drop us an email on email@example.com.
We welcome your feedback and we want to make sure that you have a great experience with Snitch. We hope to be back with more games in 2019!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)