Slick Diapers - Remove the Frustration Out of Diaper Change
Slick Diapers - Remove the Frustration Out of Diaper Change
Be amazed... Slick Diapers transforms diaper changing into a quick, easy, effortless process!
Be amazed... Slick Diapers transforms diaper changing into a quick, easy, effortless process! Read more
Slick Diapers started as an idea when my daughter was born a few year ago. Changing diapers became the new norm :) There were great days when my little angel would be anything but fussy and then there were those dreaded days when she would not cooperate with anything, including changing diapers.
That’s when the idea struck me for a simpler version of a diaper design that would not require any cooperation from the baby for changing it. The baby can be blissfully doing what they please and parents can easily sneak in a diaper change even if they had just one free hand. That was the intention behind this snap on diaper.
Watching your infant grow up to be a toddler and running around everywhere is the cutest thing ever. The first time they crawl, the first time they walk, start exploring their surroundings is all such a magical experience... until it's diaper change time. Kids don't understand we need them to settle down at changing time or it could end up a big mess! This happens quite a bit with active little ones.
- Kids refusing to comply by lying down at diaper time: Kids rarely comply to letting you change their diapers because they are active babies and have lots of energy. They are so unconcerned with you trying to get that diaper on.
- Diapers that won't align correctly and cause leaks: A nightmare for parents as this could cause a mess on the carpet, sofa... everywhere.
- Changing a diaper can easily become an extended event with a resistant baby that won't cooperate.
Slick diapers have come to put an end to the endeavor of changing diapers. Created differently than any other diaper, its new patent pending two-part, reusable and disposable structure comes in handy when changing diapers. Moreover, due to its two-part structure, it's almost impossible for leaks to be caused.
The two-part design consist of:
- A Waistband
- The Diaper Bottom
How Slick diapers work:
Both waistband and bottom parts are reusable and disposable. The waistband goes around your cute little baby and stays there until it needs to be changed.
When you need to change the baby, you simply take the soiled bottom portion off by peeling it at the waistband and then snap another one with an easy hook and loop fastener onto the waistband.
Simple as that! It's so seamless that your busy child won't miss a beat and neither will you. Most times the waistband will not be soiled but when it is, that is a quick snap to change as well.
Why is this easier?
- Easy to use (How easy is changing a diaper when it can be done with one hand? You don't have to but that's how easy it is)
- Quick snap on design, saves time (The process of snapping a new diaper bottom to the waist does not require any alignment as the waistband is already in place and the bottom just sticks directly underneath. This allows the diaper to be fastened at a set position which keeps the diaper in the right alignment)
- Reusable waistband equals less waste (rarely does a full diaper get soiled which causes a lot of waste going into the landfills. The reusable waistband allows for less disposable items into the environment.
- No compliance from baby required (The baby can be in standing or in laying position. A baby asleep at night can be changed discreetly with minimal or no baby intervention)
As a fun fact, all families deal with the struggle of diaper changing! But believe me, once you've used the Slick diapers, you will never go back to the "old" way. Slick diapers won't only save time but will also save you from any frustration you might have because of a normal diaper, like stressing out about possible leaks or dreading the tussle with your baby at the next diaper change. I've created and used these diapers for my baby and it has really put an end to my struggles. Make diaper changing a whole lot easier.
Why am I here at Kickstarter?
Having seen so many other successful ventures being spun out from Kickstarter, I knew this is a place where people understand and support ideas and concepts so my first thought was to introduce it here, to the Kickstarter community. We need monetary support for manufacturing and distribution and we are looking forward to your valuable feedback as you will be one of the first ones to own and experience Slick diapers exclusively.
There are several packages to choose from, with different diaper sizes ranging from 1-4. You can even support this project by simply pledging some money, if you don't need any diapers. Please look to the right and choose a reward for yourself and one to gift.
Supporting Slick diapers here on Kickstarter also allows for you to receive the product at a reduced cost than retail. I thank you in advance for reading all about Slick diapers. Any pledge is greatly appreciated and helps to reach our goal. If you would, please share this campaign with your friends, family and network. There are easy share buttons at the top or you can click these links below to Tweet us on Twitter or Like us on Facebook. Please do visit our website at Slick Diapers to give us further feedback or simply reach out to us!
Risks and challenges
The challenge for Slick diapers project is how to get the word out. Social media is amazing and using a powerful source like Kickstarter should help to propel this within the community and help get it to the next level.
I have been testing the Slick diapers idea on my own kid and that of my family and friends for a few years now, and it's time to bring this project live so that other parents can have an easy and stress free diaper changing experience. I am in talks with several good manufacturers who are very knowledgeable and skillful in all aspect of production of this type of diaper.
Please be assured that we will be providing the highest quality product and will not skimp on anything just to fulfill our commitment. Together we are ready to face any challenges that may arise and will be very transparent in keeping you updated during the production progress.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (45 days)