Click HERE for a summary of all sizes/bundles. If you want to check out your games and what size cards a game is you can download the PDF version of our sleeve mat and print it with no auto-scaling HERE.
Why 60 Micron sleeves? We are gamers and noticed a serious problem with sleeves, they tend to either be too thin and lack protection, or they are so thick that larger decks fall over and are hard to fit back in the box and worse still, they just cost too much! As a gamer why should you have to choose between super thick, expensive sleeves or super thin, flimsy ones? We created Sleeve Kings to have the best of both worlds, they cost about the same as all those 40-micron thick "penny sleeves" but are 50% thicker! You get all the advantages of more protection but without the extra cost and thickness of a "super sleeve". No one else is making a sleeve anywhere near this cost/per sleeve at a "just right" thickness. You are getting a great balance of cost and protection, something that just hasn't been available until now! But don't take are word for it, check out the reviews from gamers just like you below! These are STRONG sleeves at a great price!
Better Packaging, Epic Sleeves. Welcome to Season 2! If you haven't heard of us, check out the amazing reviews, feedback and testimonials from Season 1 HERE. We had over 1,000 backers from more than 30 countries and their feedback speaks for itself. We are back with Season 2 and as promised we have improved packaging and all new sleeve sizes by popular request. All 20 existing skus are now more consumer friendly featuring:
- Better Hang Tags for Retail Display
- Clear, "stiffer" packaging for better protection
- Sleeker style and presentation to compete with the "Big Boys"
- Resealable back opening for longer-term storage with no risk of a zip seal breaking
We are offering 10 all-new sizes!
- SKS-8821: "North Sea Compatible Sleeves are of course for Raider of the North Sea but are also good for Architects of the West Kingdom.
- SKS-8822: "Betrayal At House Compatible are perfect for Betrayal at House On The Hill, as well as Betrayal at Baldur's Gate.
- SKS-8823: "Space Alert Compatible" are for Space Alert and Dungeon Petz.
- SKS-8824: French Tarot Card Sleeves are great for Dwarf King, Voodoo, Bring Out Yer Dead, Lupus in Tabula, Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu (Large cards), 18Lilliput, Castle Of The Devil, Dark Tales, Divinare, Fairy Land, Gwent, Joan of Arc, Mission: Red Planet, Nyet!, Pictomania, Piña Pirata, Secrets, Shinobi WAT- AAH! ( Large Cards), Tash-Kalar: Arena of Legends, Tempête sur l'Échiquier, Timebomb, and the Unlock! Series.
- SKS-8825: Warhammer Quest Compatible sleeves are great for Warhammer Quest and the Ascension: Dawn of Champions (Large cards),
- SKS-8826: Hogwarts Battle Card Sleeves are good only for that game as far as we know.
Sleeve Kings was born out of a desire to do ONE THING WELL: Card Sleeves. Yes there are tons of card sleeve options out there but we wanted to create something new, a high-quality "standard" sleeve that was way better than any other, yet still affordable. We have been involved to some degree in sleeves for over 8 years and bring a unique know-how to this business.
We have been very busy in 2019, we fulfilled the 1000+ backer rewards and have fulfilled more than 2,000 more shipments since then. We have been actively selling our first season sleeves but are back to step up our game!
This is the easy part! This is the best time to get our sleeves, EVER!
- Advanced Shipment! You will get your sleeves before anyone else since these new sizes are not available anywhere. We will ship all Kickstarter rewards at least several weeks before the commercial release of our new sizes!
- Thicker Than Any Other "Standard" Sleeves -Most "Standard" Sleeves are 40 microns thick, a few are even 50 microns. Ours are 60 microns thick! That is 20-50% thicker than any other "Standard" Sleeve! You have a lot of choices in sleeving, why not choose the best?
- More affordable than other Premium Sleeves! While we aren't the thickest of the sleeves available, we are the only ones offering 110 sleeves per pack at a significantly more premium thickness. FFG Sleeves, Mayday Premium Sleeves and others are $2.50 to 3 per pack for just 50 sleeves, while ours are just $2.50 per pack for 110 sleeves, that is less than half the cost per sleeve!
- The "Clear" Winner -Our sleeves are made from Cleartech™ Polypropylene. Our sleeves are made from 60 micron thick sheets which are demonstrably clearer than the other guys. You can actually SEE the difference. Just as diamonds are rated on a clarity scale, even 100% polypropylene can vary significantly from product to product depending on how it is manufactured. You will see the difference!
- 10% More Sleeves Than The Other Guys -Standard sleeves come 100/pack. We are the only brand offering 110 per pack! 10% more in every pack!
- Cheaper Than Other Brands -Most brands retail for $3 per pack or more for only 40 or 50 sleeves. We are offering ours for $2-3 per pack for 110 sleeves!
- Buy Direct From The Manufacturer & Save! -How are we able to offer these so cheap? We ARE Sleeve Kings! This is our brand! We produce directly from the factory and sell directly to you. There is no middleman!
- More Sizes! It takes years for some brands to slowly add a size to their catalog, we are started Season One with 20 sizes but have 10 more brand new sizes for you for a truly HUGE selection of games! For a list of games and what size sleeve fits what game, check BoardGameGeek HERE. Many sleeve companies only offer a handful of sleeve sizes but we are going BIG and offering more for you!
- Cheapest you will ever find them! If you check out the price per pack at the highest reward levels you will see the savings are huge!
- "Tough As Nails" Guarantee We have created these sleeves with the most advanced polypropylene processing in the industry. This means importing our polypropylene already in the right sizes from the middle east and then cutting and sealing our sleeves at our factory in China before finally sending the rewards onto you. We have a special process to make our sleeve actually warp/bend before they split in most cases! Our sleeves simply will not split with regular use! Just how tough are our sleeves? We dare you to try the two finger challenge on any other brand of sleeves. While some of ours may pull apart, the force required to do so is noticeably greater with our sleeves than with any other brand!
This is where this gets good! We did 20 sizes with Season One, but we are offering 10 all-new sizes! That is 30 sizes in total! Have a look at our original 20 sizes first. Each one was carefully selected to offer gamers the chance to sleeve the largest number of games without having hundreds of different sizes. They are divided into three groups: Mini ($2 MSRP), Standard ($2.50 MSRP) and Large ($3 MSRP). Note that Large size sleeves will cost you a small per-pack surcharge. Note we introduce XL ($3.50 MSRP) for Season 2 and cost a little more per-pack surcharge. For a convenient list of all skus and bundles just check our google sheet HERE.
And now... 10 all new sizes (final product pictures coming soon)
Note: the Platinum and Diamond Backers will get their rewards fulfilled directly in country for the USA/Canada/Australia/EU. This means you will NOT be subject to VAT/CUSTOMS/DUTIES if you back at these levels. For Gold and High-Five backers, we will fulfill all non-USA shipments directly from China so you MAY get hit with duties. We cannot take responsibility for any such charges.
Do you KNOW you will need a lot of sleeves but aren't sure about which 100 packs to get? Our Diamond Backers will have the option to get 50 packs upon fulfillment of the campaign and the other 50 at any time within 12 months of fulfillment, so you can choose at a later date what other 50 packs to get, we will even split the delivery into two separate shipments for you with NO extra shipping costs. Note your first shipment of 50 sleeves will be "Customs/Duties/VAT Friendly" while the 2nd shipment will likely come directly from China so you MAY end up paying some duties if you opt to split your shipment as a diamond backer and are outside the USA and SPLIT the shipment as 50 initially and 50 later.
Want to back for a few extra packs? Don't worry, you'll be given that option post-campaign during the survey process. After the campaign ends we will send you a survey and allow you the option to add extra packs at your pledge level and just pay the difference. For the best pricing consider jumping to the Diamond level!
Are you a store and interested in getting our product? Please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for direct to retailer pricing! We have opted NOT to offer a retailer pledge level this time since every store/shop is different in terms of their needs, we don't want to force you into a fixed number of sleeves at a set discount here, just email us and we can get you the sleeves you need at a VERY good price. We are dedicated to stores and distributors and are working on some very nice bundle packs specifically for stores, including great retail packaging, just check this out!
We sent out TONS of review copies of our sleeves prior to last year's campaign and got so many reviews that are already noted on the prior campaign HERE. Rather than just reposting those more than 20 independent reviews, check out some comments from actual backers from the last campaign below:
We have had a lot of requests for "bundles" of sleeves for games, you can add these bundles to your rewards quite easily during the post-campaign pledge manager. We will be adding more, but here are just a few bundles, check the list HERE.
For a full list of all sleeve sizes and all bundles just check HERE. More are being added often!
Yes what sort of Kickstarter would this be without Stretch Rewards! Here are some in a nutshell:
- $5,000: Funded! 10 new sizes will be a reality!! -UNLOCKED July 16!
- $10,000: Surprise Stretch goal UNLOCKED!! "Etherfield Compatible" (100 X 100) Sleeves. These will retail for $4 per pack as they are SUPER LARGE, but they are UNLOCKED and you can now get this Etherfield Bundle if you wish! -Unlocked July 16!
- $20,000: UNLOCKED! SKS-8836"Middara Compatible 6XL" Card Sleeves (127 x 153) (XL Class). These are perfect for Middara and in fact we now have a bundle for that!!
And of course that means a bundle for Middara!
- $30,000: UNLOCKED! SKS-8832 "XXL Super Large" (101.5x153mm) Sleeves (XL Class). Perfect for Sentinels of the Multiverse: Foil Villain Cards, Salvation Road Location Cards, Escape The Dark Castle Large cards (boss, chapter, and character cards, and the start card), Escape the Dark Sector, and Descent: Journeys in the Dark's Hero/Avatar Sheets (though you will have to trim them).
- $40,000: UNLOCKED!"XXXL Super Large" (101.5x203mm) Sleeves (XL Class). SKS-8833. Great for the other Kingdon Death : Monster (Extra- Large cards), and the large cards for The Shared Dream.
- $50,000: UNLOCKED! Sleeve Kings "4XL" (103 x 128) Sleeves (XL Class). (SKS-8834). These huge sleeves are very unique and great for a few games with this hard to find size!
- $60,000: UNLOCKED! Sleeve Kings "5XL" (120 x 210) Sleeves (XL Class). (SKS-8835).
- $75,000 Stretch Goal: UNLOCKED! SKS-8837 Sleeve Kings "7XL" Sleeves (130 X 195 MM)
- $90,000 Stretch Goal: UNLOCKED! SKS-8839 Sleeve Kings "8XL" Sleeves (90 X 140 MM)
IMAGE COMING SOON!
- $105 k... dropped to $100,000 Stretch Goal: SKS-8831 Sleeve Kings "Super Large" Sleeves (89x146mm) -110 Pack, 60 Microns
We have more Stretch Goals to announce if/when these unlock!
Upgrade to MORE SLEEVES - At the end of the campaign and during the pledge manager we will be offering all $10 and up pledge level backers the chance to up your pledges to a higher level. It will be the LAST chance to get these amazing sleeves at such crazy pricing!
We are trying to offer these sleeves as cheaply as possible. Best of all, the more you pledge for the larger your savings. Shipping worldwide on a hundred or more packs of sleeves will be 10 kg or more, so please understand worldwide shipping is EXPENSIVE. For the $10 and $45 pledge levels ("High Five" and "Gold", respectively), your shipments will either ship from the USA or from China directly to you, this means that while the rewards will not be "Customs/VAT" Friendly that because your pledge is low, the stated value on the package will be below the threshold of Customs/VAT for almost everyone.
Worried about worldwide VAT/Customs?
We are going to be shipping these at a "replacement value" for customs, meaning the stated cost on your shipment will be somewhere near the direct, variable manufacturing cost. We will state the value below $1 per item so even at the $10 pledge value with an add on Playmat you will come in well under the $10 minimum stated value that most counties require before any VAT/Customs considerations are triggered.
For pledges OVER the $45 level (Platinum and above), we are happy to announce that those will be VAT/Customs friendly for the following areas:
In other words, if you pledge for a reward at the $80 level or above, your rewards will ship from within your respective region, meaning the USA, Canada, EU or Australia.
Please note that we are not experts in VAT/Customs so you will need to review your own country's laws/regulations to best understand what you may actually pay when the rewards arrive.
Also please note that if you back as a DIAMOND backer and opt to have your shipment sent in two equal batches of 50 packs each that the first half of the rewards will ship from within your respective area, but the 2nd half will ship either out of the USA or China, so you may get hit with some taxes on the 2nd shipment if you are outside the USA, but we can't guarantee one way or the other.
If you are comparing this to our 2018 Kickstarter you will notice our shipping costs have gone up just a little bit, this is due to increased shipping costs and us better knowing exactly how heavy all of these sleeves are to ship. The increase is minimal but it was necessary to increase the cost just a little bit on the shipping.
We have only been around a few short months and are trying to increase our offering by over 50% in terms of the # of skus we offer, but that is expensive and we have no idea how many of each sku to make. We need to see what the interest is and how many of each sku to produce, so we need your help! Without your help we simply won't exist!
We will launch our survey system around August 25 as soon as the backer list from Kickstarter is complete. We will end the survey 3 months after the post-campaign survey opens though so if you want your shipment delayed past November 15, 2019 you'd better contact us and work that out. We don't mind holding your pledge a little longer but don't want people coming back a year after the campaign wondering where the sleeves are, you need to tell us what you want so we can deliver it.
Any pledges with no survey 90 days after we open the pledge manager (so after November 15, 2019, roughly) will be considered donations. We can't just hold on to hundreds of packs of sleeves for months on end waiting for you to decide what you might want, unless you are a Diamond or Double-Diamond backer, in which case you can choose as few as 50 packs with your survey and have up to a year to select the rest for later shipment.
Risks and challenges
While we are a fairly new company, we have a lot of experience in sleeves and board games. We have already delivered on one Kickstarter and our factory ready to pull the trigger and just need funding to get the job done! We fully expect to deliver on time or early. We don't anticipate any problems in getting this done.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (22 days)