MAGICALLY SEND PHOTOS INTO YOUR LOVED ONE'S HOME
Skylight is a beautiful touch-screen, Wi-Fi connected photo frame that lets you email photos from your phone or computer directly onto your loved one's Skylight - from anywhere in the world!
How It Works: Three Easy Steps
1. Connect your Skylight to a power source and it automatically powers up
2. Our simple touch-screen UI lets you connect to Wi-Fi in <60 seconds
3. Send pictures to your Skylight's dedicated email address, and they arrive in <60 seconds
Skylight's Features: Designed To Delight
- Effortless set up. Skylight sets up out of the box in 1-2 minutes. It automatically detects available wi-fi networks, and the touch screen lets you connect to one easily.
- Just email photos to Skylight. Each Skylight has a dedicated email address, and you can send it photos in batches as email attachments from your phone or computer.
- Touch screen functionality. Our touch screen UI makes it effortless to swipe through photos, delete photos, and freeze the frame on a favorite photo.
- Everyone in the family can send to one Skylight. For example, Grandma could get photos from all her grandkids.
- You can send photos to multiple Skylights at once. For example, if you give a Skylight to Mom and Grandma, you can send photos at the same time to both devices.
- New photos notification. A clear notification makes it really easy for the Skylight owner to see when new photos have arrived. They can tap the notification to see the new photos.
- "Heart" button to thank the sender. If your loved one wants to tell you they really liked a certain photo, they can just tap the heart button and Skylight sends an email to you letting you know.
- Automatically get new future features. Skylight software will improve over time, and every time we add something cool like video or text-on-photo, you'll get that feature too.
A great gift for loved ones
Treasured photos used to have a special place in our homes. But these days, with all the photos we share over Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, etc, the really special family photos get lost in the fray.
Digital frames tried to solve this, but have always come up short. They're complicated to use, and what's worse, no one ever updates them since they require a USB or memory card to add photos. The photos you want to share are on your phone or laptop, not a USB.
We wanted to create an affordable, beautiful device that would make it effortless for us to surprise our loved ones with photos. Enter Skylight: it sets up effortlessly, lets you send photos from phone or computer in seconds, and photos arrive in <60 seconds.
Plug & Play: Skylight is perfect for parents and grandparents who just want a frame that works without any hassle. After you turn it on, it automatically detects available wi-fi networks, and the touch screen makes it easy to connect to the one of your choice. From there, Skylight will display any photos you send to it in a chronological slideshow.
As soon as photos are added to Skylight, they are automatically resized to fit in the 7-inch high quality display. The LED screen will present your best shots in a 1.7:1 aspect ratio and photos will be rotated to their proper orientation automatically.
- Display size: 7-inches (17.8 cm)
- Display type/backlight: LED
- Display resolution: 1024x600
- Aspect ratio: 1.7:1
- Image file format: JPEG, JPG, BMP, PNG, GIF
- Transition Time: 8 seconds
- Time from E-mail to Frame: <60 seconds
- Skylight Digital Photo Frame & attached power cord
- Getting Started Guide
Our Story & Timeline
It's been an incredibly rewarding journey for our team. We met as graduate students at Harvard, and had a simple wish: to create a new way to share photos with our loved ones. Many months later, we've turned that idea into a product! Along the way, we built dozens of prototypes in our dorm rooms, had hundreds of customer conversations, and poured our hearts into this project. Now we are ready to take it to the next level, and need your help to start large-scale manufacturing and share Skylight with the world!
Our friends who tried the alpha units liked them, and gave us great feedback. After we upgraded the hardware and software experience, our beta testers absolutely loved the new product! Here are some testimonials from our earliest testers:
I am actually so excited for Skylight - what an incredibly cool product! My whole family lives outside of the US so I've never been able to share things with them as much as I've wanted- and now I'm really excited to.
- Michelle Cho
- Nara Lee
I love Skylight. It makes sharing pictures so easy with my family. With 20 grandchildren across 4 states, it helps my parents share and celebrate some of the best moments in the lives of their grandchildren.
- Jaren Nichols
Now it's your turn to experience Skylight!
Thanks to our friends and family for supporting us through this project, to Professors Joseph Fuller and Tom Nicholas for providing invaluable advice, to our videographer Evan Carter for doing such a great job, and especially to the Rock Center for Entrepreneurship and the Harvard Innovation Lab for giving us the support and space to launch this company!
Risks and challenges
As in every hardware product, many disciplines need to come together: hardware design, software development, manufacturing and supply chain. After extensive testing with real customers in a private beta we feel very confident that we have a great product. However, the main risk for our project is that for the time being we rely on two manufacturers, and this impacts our ability to mitigate production and shipment delays.
After having a successful campaign, we will be able to diversify our suppliers and hold inventory to make sure we can commit to quick, accurate delivery dates.
With YOUR help we will be able to grow up as a company and have in place the supply chain logistics to deliver a flawless customer experience. THANK YOU!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)