This project is KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE and will not be available in retail. (Please check the FAQ section for more details).
The Stonebound Saga: Visions of Telios is an exciting new expansion for The Stonebound Saga!
In The Stonebound Saga: Visions of Telios players control a group of 'Stonebound'; those from the world of Telios who have responded to the 'Speaking Stones'. These Speaking Stones began humming and pulsing when the lost city of Lux reappeared after disappearing thousands of years ago. These stones are equipped to the weapons and armor of the Stonebound to enable feats of incredible power and skill unlike anything the world has seen.
Players pre-construct or draft teams of Stonebound who are training against each other in preparation for an impending battle against a force known as Tenebris.
The Stonebound Saga: Visions of Telios is a great mix of unit positioning and strategy requiring each player to carefully plan their turns and manage their resources to achieve victory against their opponent. The numerous and diverse characters allow for a variety of play styles, and every match is an unique experience.
Games can be played between 2 players, or with teams of 2 or 3. The first player, or team to defeat their opponent's Stonebound by bringing their HP to zero is the winner.
This expansion adds the following new components to The Stonebound Saga:
- 3 Brand new card types: Terrain Cards, Scroll Cards and Mission Cards
- 210 Terrain Cards - 35 Unique designs
- 70 Scroll Cards - 35 Unique designs
- 35 Mission Cards
- 30 Purple Translucent Cubes
- Errata Card Pack (Character Ability Card Corrections and Clarity Adjustments)
- ??? Stretch Goal Content
*** All cards used are standard poker size (2.5 x 3.5 inches)
All cards printed on 350gsm linen card stock - except Errata Card pack - 300gsm
Find out how to play The Stonebound Saga & Visions of Telios Expansion in these two brief videos.
There are 70 unique characters for players to choose their teams from spanning 7 different character classes.
Players track their character's stats and abilities using dashboards with sliders to track dynamic stats, and pegs to track activated abilities. Each Stonebound comes with two ability cards that are placed into each dashboard.
The game is played on a large grid-based gameboard spanning 25" X 35". On each player's turn they will strategically move their characters across the battlefield to outwit and overwhelm their opponents.
Throughout the game players will use speaking stone cards drawn from a community resource deck in order to perform various abilities in battle. Players will need to manage their resources effectively by choosing when to use their resources for offense, or dedicate resources for passive defensive abilities that count against their hand size.
Now in The Stonebound Saga: Visions of Telios, Stonebound have come together to create the newly formed Kingdom of Lux. With Tenebris looming, the Stonebound have been training with their newfound powers fueled by the Speaking Stones. Through dedication and practice, some of the Stonebound have achieved a new depth of mastery - the ability to harness the power of Telios itself.
Visions of Telios is the first expansion for The Stonebound Saga. The expansion introduces two brand new card types called 'Terrain Cards', and ‘Mission Cards’.
Terrain cards represent various locations from the world of Telios that are used to modify spaces on the battlefield during gameplay. These modifications can be beneficial or detrimental, and they affect allies and enemies equally. Terrain cards open up a completely new gameplay experience by adding another exciting level of strategy. This greatly changes the gameplay in The Stonebound Saga by making the large size gameboard more dynamic and forcing players to think even harder about unit positioning.
Visions of Telios includes 35 unique Terrain Cards that will have varying effects like Ice Block, which blocks spaces from being passed through, or Falmund Lighthouse, which grants a bonus evasion chance for characters that are near it.
In addition to the character cards players will pick for their teams; players will now choose or draft a total of 10 stars of rarity from the 'Terrain Card' deck. Each player may not have more than 3 of the same terrain card in their deck. Each Terrain Card comes with a corresponding 'Scroll Card' that states how the Terrain Card works in battle.
A player can play a terrain card at any time. To do this, they spend Speaking Stone cards equal to the star value of the terrain card and place the terrain card onto any open space on the board (not occupied by a character or another terrain card). As long as the necessary speaking stone cards are available, players may play as many Terrain Cards as they would like.
Since Speaking Stone cards also act as resources to fuel character abilities players will need to balance where resources are dedicated!
Mission Cards are special objectives given to the Stonebound to further their training and preparation against Tenebris. Players will use Mission Cards to grant themselves, and the Stonebound they command, powerful rewards that can turn the tide in battle.
Rewards from Missions can range from increased hand size, to various bonuses for your characters. They can also affect your opponents too! Sometimes completing missions will force players to adjust their strategy on the fly, but will the rewards be worth the risk?
Visions of Telios includes 35 unique Mission Cards that players will attempt to complete throughout the game.
Mission Cards are drawn from a community deck. Each player will begin the game by drawing 5 Mission Cards. Each player then chooses 3 and discards the rest.
During the game players will complete the objectives listed on the cards to unlock the various rewards they provide. When a card’s objective has been completed, a purple cube is placed onto one of the marked spaces. When all spaces have a cube, rewards are taken, the card is discarded, and a new Mission Card is drawn from the deck.
You can download and view both of the full rulebooks by clicking the images below. Please be aware that the Visions of Telios rulebook is a work in progress. It is not final. Rules may still be tweaked and changed, layout and graphics may still be altered.
The Stonebound Saga Rulebook:
Visions of Telios Rulebook:
To add items onto your pledge, manually add the $ amount to your base pledge. We WILL be using Pledge Manager after the Kickstarter is complete to manage all options for each backer.
- Explore of snowfields of Isofar in this brand new playmat design! This new playmat is included with the premium bundle pledge tier.
- Playmat of the original gameboard design.
- Optional alternate design Character Ability Cards with thicker card stock. (Final design may be adjusted)
- Optional thicker card stock Speaking Stone Cards.
- Shipping charges are automatically added after selecting a pledge level.
- Stonebound Premium Edition Bundle - Shipping is included in pledge to all locations.
The Stonebound Saga is a skirmish style boardgame that offers a variety of elements such as resource management, dice rolling, card positioning and tactical gameplay. The game successfully Kickstarted in the Summer of 2017, and is now being enjoyed by thousands of players worldwide.
Official Game Website: www.thestoneboundsaga.com
Find The Stonebound Saga on www.boardgamegeek.com at the link below:
The Stonebound Saga includes the following components:
- 1 Gameboard (25” X 35”)
- 147 Card Speaking Stone Deck in Tuck Box - 300GSM Linen
- 70 Card Character Deck - 350GSM Linen
- 140 Card Ability Deck in Tuck Box - 300GSM Linen
- 12 Character Dashboards
- 72 Plastic Pegs
- 112 Status Effect Tokens
- 30 Translucent Colored Cubes
- 2 Pairs of D10 Dice
- 1 Rulebook
- 6 Player Reference Cards
Find out more about Sky Kingdom Games by clicking the images below:
Risks and challenges
This is our 2nd Kickstarter (The Stonebound Saga successfully funded Summer 2017). Throughout the process of Kickstarting, manufacturing and fulfilling The Stonebound Saga our team has learned a great deal about the boardgaming industry and how each piece of the process works.
Here's some major areas we are prepared for and how we are addressing them.
1. Production/Artwork - Visions of Telios is 90% complete with artwork and printing files. This means we will be able to move into manufacturing much quicker than our first project. The only remaining production and artwork will be from additional stretch goals added during the campaign which will add a minimal amount of time to the manufacturing process.
2. Manufacturing/Fulfillment - We are working with WinGo who originally printed The Stonebound Saga. We have been very pleased with the high component quality of our games and expect no differently this time around! Unexpected delays out of our control can always occur (i.e. component shortage, manufacturer issues, customs delays, etc...). For the production schedule of Visions of Telios, we've used very conservative estimates to account for unknowns and bumps in the road.
We will be using industry leading/established fulfillment partners to deliver quickly and efficiently all over the world.
3. Our Vision - You can be assured that every possible precaution and care will be put into providing an incredible game in a timely matter and exactly as we promised. Our team has worked for years pouring our time and our own personal funds into crafting a game series that we are proud to share with the world. Visions of Telios is the first expansion for The Stonebound Saga series of titles, and we have future games planned to continue expanding this world in the future.
Sky Kingdom Games can't thank YOU enough for your support. Without that support we could not create and publish The Stonebound Saga & Visions of Telios so THANK YOU!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)